应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
A common question college students ask is what i should study to prepare me to be an actuary. Well, it is a very good question to ask because it shows that you care about your future and are constantly working towards a goal that would possibly bring you a bright future.
Today, lets talk about How to prepare yourself for a career as an actuary.

Please! Only reply IF and ONLY IF you are interested in this topic and have something  constructive to say. Otherwise, please leave this pose alone!!!

1. NEVER EVER major in actuarial science unless...
NEVER EVER major in actuarial science unless you are 100% sure this is what you want to do in the future and you are located in a perfect area to find an actuarial job. One such area would be Hartford, CT. The reason is simple. Follow your heart, do what you are interested in. Dont do something simply because everyone else is doing it or someone else says it is good thing to do. Be yourself! And that is what makes you special.

2. Always go for LIBERAL ARTS
Always go for a LIBERAL ARTS college or a college with strong LIBERAL ARTS programs unless you are poor/very short of cash or you have an extremely strong interest in one specfic area. A Liberal arts education cuts off the courses that are too applied for undergrad students, allowing students to take only the core courses of the fields they are interested in.  By cutting off the trash courses, liberal arts education provides you tons of choices for you to choose. So use your time smartly. Have some fun! Take a second/third major! Enjoy extracurricular actitvities! It is all up to you. It is your college life and it is your deciscion to make what you want to get out of it. A liberal arts education will help you make sure that whatever your choice is, you will get the most out of it. Again, as a college student, alway focus on LIBERAL ARTS subjects, which helps you become a better person.   _

3. Do a DOUBLE or maybe TRIPLE MAJOR.
Yes, do a double/ triple major. The reason is simple: your second or/and third major is what makes you special in your main field. It reinforces your knowledge set in your main field and greatly broadens your view. If you have followed what I said in the first two subpoints, you will find out that a double/major is in fact not that hard to do. Just work a little bit harder and you will harvest tons. Also dont forget to have some fun! It is your college and your life. Plan it well.

4. Start taking actuarial exams when you are a college senior.
If you have followed what I said in the previous three sub-points, congratulations. Now you are about to graduate from college with expertise in at least two or three fields. You are very well prepared for any type of career and you must have tons of options to pursue as your career. Now, if you determine that you want to be an actuary, go for it. Start taking your first actuarial exams, talk to professionals in the field and get yourself into a great company. You will find out that the liberal arts education you went through will be INVAlUABLE ASSETS for your entire career and your whole life. Now keep working hard and you will see your success right in there.
Hi Guys,

Now you are viewing the hidden part of this post. There is nothing mysterious in here.
You are seeing it only because you replied to my post.
Hopefully, your reply is helpful and constructive and I will assume it is.
Let me thank you for contributing to this post and you are alway welcomed to come back and contribute more, by either adding, modifying or improving your previous reply. Your work is and will always be greatly appreciated.
Let's work together to make this post helpful to more people.
Cheers!
Zcg6433

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:精算师 Constructive Professional Contributing Interested 薪水 精算 学点什么好 job important

已有 2 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
onlygs + 1 + 1 + 1 观点有启发
詹姆斯 + 40 + 60 + 1 + 1 + 1 鼓励积极发帖讨论

总评分: 经验 + 40  论坛币 + 60  学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 2  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

沙发
705392767 发表于 2013-2-7 04:53:58 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
打开看看

使用道具

藤椅
Tatasukami 发表于 2013-2-7 05:51:25 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
interesting

使用道具

谢谢楼主分享

使用道具

报纸
LittleEX 发表于 2013-2-7 05:53:48 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
oh crap I major in actuarial science

使用道具

地板
李航 发表于 2013-2-7 05:58:07 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
想知道
加油!加油!加油!

使用道具

thx

使用道具

deportee 发表于 2013-2-7 06:13:40 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
打开看看

使用道具

数学小妞 发表于 2013-2-7 07:07:14 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
回复~~~
小妞再勇敢 ...

使用道具

nmc4911 发表于 2013-2-7 08:10:16 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
看看……

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 00:43