赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Eugene:张维迎先生的滥英文之现状

http://qianyongrill.blog.sohu.com/

高层ZWY: My running comments are in the brackets. Forgive my sarcasm, because we all expect much better English from you.---Eugene Chen.

April 6, 2007

Dr. Hengfu Zou

World Bank

Dear Hengfu:

I write to formally (Haven’t you learned about the difference between “formally” and “officially”, now that you are a big shot official of the School?) inform you that based on the facts (Dude, for whatever reason, singular “fact” is preferred here.) that (1) you have been long time absent (“long time absent”? Is this your home town dialect?) from the school in (Don’t forget your “the” here.) past few years; (2) you are not able (Of course Hengfu was able to and had done more than was expected of him.) to take (“take responsibility”? You have been taking on tons of responsibilities. Not Zou, who has been discharging responsibilities. Responsibility-taking and responsibility-discharging differ. Taking also implies money-grabbing, while discharging means working one’s butt off.) faculty responsibility; and (3) you have been heavily involved with other university’s activities in violating (At least, you have to use “in violation of”. Technically speaking, “despite” is the best choice here.) the School’s rules, the Guanghua School of Management has decided (Present perfect tense, huh? How do you reconcile the use of this tense with the past time of the meeting of April 4, 2007? It is grammatically as improper as to say “I have seen my mistress Ernai last night”), at the deans meeting of April 4, 2007, from May 1, 2007 (“from”---very Chinglish, please use “as of “to be formal.), you will no longer be entitled to receive any compensation from the school and you will no longer take (You like to “take” everything and anything? Is this the only verb in your Oxford English Dictionary?) the title of “Dong Furen Endowed Chair Professor”. You also need to empty (You can empty a box, but how can you empty an occupation?) your occupation (Do you know the difference between occupancy and occupation?) of flat No.201, Door One at Building 11 at Dongsheng Yuan before (Chinglish again, please use “by” next time.) August 31, 2007. However, you may be continuously entitled to receive the University’s salary before (You never learn, huh? Aren’t you bored by so many “before’s”?) the University makes any decision on your employment relation (“relation”? This is the most characteristic Chinglish example. Very awkward!).

At the same deans meeting, the school also decided that the school would stop financial support to Annals of Economics and Finance from this year (“from this year’, another example of Chinglish!).

I am sorry to let you know the above decision. (Dot your i’s and cross your t’s. You already have more than one decision.) We appreciate your contribution (Chinglish too! It was service that he rendered during the period.) to the school from 1999 to 2002. However, I must say that commitment to the school is essential for any faculty member. Your recent years’ performance disqualifies (Hey, I can disqualify you as an English writer, but I wish I could disqualify your dean position! Position is not for one to disqualify.) your faculty position in the school.

The school shall inform the Personnel Department of Peking University of the above decision.

Yours sincerely (Don’t you ever forget your comma here!) 

Zhang Weiying

Dean

Guanghua School of Management

Peking University

ZWY: the following is an improved version of your sloppy writing. Next time you fire someone, use mine as your templar. No charge!---Eugene Chen.

April 6, 2007

Dr. Hengfu Zou

World Bank

Dear Hengfu:

I write to officially inform you that, at the Deans’ meeting of April 4, 2007, the Guanghua School of Management, on account of the fact that (1) you had been chronically absent from the School in the past few years, (2) you had failed to discharge your faculty responsibility, and (3) you had been unduly and excessively involved with the activities of other universities despite the School’s rules, decided that you would, as of May 1, 2007, no longer be entitled to receive any compensation from the School nor to use the title of “Dong Furen Endowed Chair Professor”. You also need to surrender your occupancy of Flat No.201, Door No.1 at Building No.11 at Dongsheng Yuan by August 31, 2007. However, you may continue to be on the University’s payroll until the University makes any decision to change your employment status.

At the same Deans’ meeting, the School also decided that the School would terminate any financial support to Annals of Economics and Finance, starting from this year.

It is with regret that I must inform you of the above decisions. We appreciate your service rendered to the School from 1999 to 2002. However, I must say that a stronger commitment to the School is essential for any faculty member. Your recent years’ performance has disqualified you from remaining at your faculty position in the School.

The School will, in due course, inform the Personnel Department of Peking University of the above decisions.

Yours sincerely,

Zhang Weiying 

Dean

Guanghua School of Management

Peking University

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Eugene Eugen 张维迎 Compensation Universities 邹张之争 张维迎

沙发
academy2007 发表于 2007-10-31 05:23:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
哈哈,LZ太有才了

使用道具

藤椅
clearting 发表于 2007-10-31 15:34:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
有意思

使用道具

板凳
fjk209 发表于 2007-10-31 15:48:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

你真有才,哪里弄来的文章,邹恒甫给你的还是张维迎给你的?

天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,牢其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏起身,增益其所不能!!

使用道具

报纸
威震天 发表于 2007-10-31 18:00:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

地板
鬼魅魍魉 在职认证  发表于 2007-11-1 03:20:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
有点意思
雅,正也,意指合乎规范,天灾面前,唯正确、有序、规范应对,方能化危为安。
安,心定也,天灾乱人,人定顺天,从容之人,方能做坚强之事。

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注ddjd
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:26