应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

宋美龄在美国国会的即席演讲ADDRESS BY MME. CHIANG KAI-SHEK(中英文对照)

Mr. President, Members of the Senate ofthe United States, ladies andgentlemen,am overwhelmed by the warmth andspontaneity of the welcome of theAmerican people, of whom you are the representatives. I did not know that I wasto speak to you today at the Senate except to say, “How do you do? I am so veryglad to see you,” and to bring the greetings to my people to the people of America.However, just before coming here, the Vice President told me that he would liketo have me say a few words to you.

I am not a very good extemporaneous speaker; in fact, I am no speaker atall; but I am not so very much discouraged, because a few days ago I was at Hyde Park, and went to the President’s library. SomethingI saw there encouraged me, and made me feel that perhaps you will not expectovermuch of me in speaking to you extemporaneously. What do you think I sawthere? I saw

many things. But the one thing which interested me most of all was that ina glass case there was the first draft of tone of the President’s speeches, asecond draft, and on and on up to the sixth draft. Yesterday I happened tomention this fact to the President, and told him that I was extremely glad thathe had to write so many drafts when he is such a well-known and

acknowledgedly fine speaker. His reply to me was that sometimes he writes12 drafts of a speech. So, my remarks here today, being extemporaneous, I amsure you will make allowances for me.

The traditional friendship between your country and mine has a history of160 years. I feel, and I believe that I am now the only one who feels this way,that there are a great many similarities between your people and mine, and thatthese similarities are the basis of our friendship.

I should like to tell you a little story which will illustrate thisbelief. When General Doolittle and his men went to bomb Tokyo,on their return some of your boys had to bail out in the interior of China. One ofthem later told me that he had to mail out of his ship. And that when he landedon Chinese soil and saw the populace running toward him, he just waved his armand shouted the only Chinese word he knew, “Mei-kuo, Mei-kuo,” which means “America,”[Applause.] Literally translated from the Chinese it means “Beautiful country.”This boy said that our people laughed and almost hugged him, and greeted himlike a long lost brother. He further told me that the thought that he had comehome when he saw our people; and that was the first time he had ever been to China. [Applause.]

I came to your country as a little girl. I know your people. I have livedwith them. I spent the formative years of my life amongst your people. I speakyour language, not only the language of your hearts, but also your tongue. Socoming here today I feel that I am also coming home. [Applause.]

I believe, however, that it is not only I who am coming home; I feel thatif the Chinese people could speak to you in your own tongue, or if you couldunderstand our tongue, they would tell you that basically and fundamentally weare fighting for the same cause [great applause]; that we have identity ofideals’ that the “four freedoms,” which your President proclaimed to

the world, resound throughout our vast land as the gong of freedom, thegong of freedom of the United Nations, and the death knell of the aggressors.[Applause.]

How are we going to realize these ideals I think I shall tell you a littlesto ry which just came to my mind. As you know. China is a very old nation. We havea history of 5,000 years. When we were obliged to evacuate Hankow and go intothe hinterland to carry on and continue our resistance against aggression, theGeneralissimo and I passed one of our fronts, the Changsha front. One day w e went into the Heng-yang Mountains, where there are traces of afamous pavilion called“Rub-the-mirror”pavilion, which was built over 2,000years ago. It will perhaps interest you to hear the story of that pavilion.

Two thousand years ago near that spot was an old Buddhist temple. One ofthe y oung monks went there, and all day long he sat crosslegged, with hishands clasped before him in an attitude of prayer, and murmured“Amita-Buddha!Amita-Bu ddha! Amita-Buddha!”He murmured and chanted day after day, because hehoped that he would acquire grace.

The Father Prior of that temple took a piece of brick and rubbed itagainst a stone hour after hour, day after day, and week after week. The littleacolyte, being very young, sometimes cast his eyes around to see what the oldFather Prior was doing. The old Father Prior just kept on his work of rubbingthe brick against the stone. So one day the young acolyte said to him,"Father Prior, what are you doing day after day rubbing this brick on thestone?" The Father Prior replied, "I am trying to make a mirror out ofthis brick.” The young acolyte said, "But it is impossible to make amirror out of a brick, Father Prior."Yes," said the Father Prior, "and it is just as impossiblefor you to acquire grace by doing nothing except murmur 'Amita-Buddha' all daylong, day in and day out." [Applause.]

So, my friends, I feel that it is necessary for us not only to have idealsand to proclaim that we have them, it is necessary that we act to implementthem. [Applause.] And so to you, gentlemen of the Senate, and to you ladies andgentlemen in the galleries, I say that without the active help of all of us ourleaders cannot implement these ideals. It is up to you and to me to take toheart the lesson of "Rub-the-mirror" pavilion.[Applause.] Everyonepresent stand up

蒋夫人致辞:

议长先生,贵国的参议院议员,女士先生们,(感谢诸位的到来)。贵国人民自发的热情接待让我感到受宠无限,而在坐诸位是全美国人民的代表。我事先不知今天要在参议院发表演说,只以为要到此说声"大家好,很高兴见到各位".受国人之拖,我将中国人民的问候带给贵国的人民。

不过,在来到此地之前,贵国副总统告诉我,他希望我和各位说几句话。

我不善于即兴演讲,确切地说,我根本不是个演讲者。但我并不沮丧,因为几天前,我在海德公园,有幸参观了总统先生的书库。我所看到的一个情景鼓舞了我,让我做了这样的心里准备:也许在座各位对我的演讲并不报过多的期望。你猜我在那里读到什么了呢?我读到了许多东西。但是,最吸引我的是在总统先生的玻璃柜中,放了一张总统先生的演说词的初稿,在上面,我又见到了第二初稿,直到第六张。昨天,我无意中向总统先生提起这件事,并告诉他,我松了一口气,因为作为一个世界知名的演说家,尚且要准备这么多的手稿。他回答我说,一些时候,他甚至准备过12张演讲初稿。因此,希望各位对我的即席演说,在评价前能给予宽容的心态。

贵国与我国的传统友谊已有160多年的历史。我认为,我也相信,诸位和我一样,认识到美中两国人民有着极大的相同之处,而正是这些相似之处奠定了我们友谊的基础。

我要给各位讲一个小故事,将说明这一信念。当General Doolittle 和他的部下前往东京作战时,在他们返航的途中,一些战士逃往到我国的土地上避难。后来,其中的一个人告诉我,在向本国船只求就无效后,他来到了我国的土地上。我国人民见到了他,跑了过来。他挥舞着手臂,口里喊着他唯一知晓的两个中国汉字“美国,美国”,指的就是“America”(掌声)。在我国,这两个字的字面意思是“美丽的地方”。这个孩子说,我的国民听到他那有趣的发音后大笑了起来,并拥抱着欢迎他,好似找到了失去已久的兄弟。后来,他又告诉我,见到了我国热情的人民,他好似回到了家一样安心和温暖。但是,这却是他第一次踏上中国的土地。(掌声)

当我还是小女孩时,我来到这里。我和你们生活在一起。我讲着你们的语言,不仅仅是诸位心灵的语言,还有你们的口音。我的成长期在这里渡过,我了解你们的一切。所以今天来到这里,我也像是是回到了家里。 (掌声)

但我相信,这不仅是我一个人回家,我觉得如果中国人民会说你们的母语,或者诸位能够通晓我们的语言,他们会告诉你,我们两国人民是为了共同的信念而斗争。(热烈的掌声)我们恒久的信念就是“四大自由”,这也是贵国总统向世界人民的声明,这像锣鸣一样在我们那广阔的土地与向往自由天空回响 ,自由之神正拥抱美国,而侵略者听到的将是死亡的伤钟[掌声。]

怎样做才能实现我们的理想,我先给诸位讲一个我刚刚想到的小故事。众所周知,中国是一个非常悠久的古国。我们有着五千年的历史文化。当我们被迫从汉口撤退向进军内陆继续抵抗侵略者时,大元帅和我正在长沙战线。一天,我们上衡阳山,在那里我们见到了一个有名的历史遗迹叫“磨镜台”,是两千年前的遗迹。各位可能会对这个故事感兴趣。

两千年前,在那个遗迹附近有个古老的佛寺。一个小和尚来此修行,他整天盘膝而坐,双手合十,默默念着“阿弥陀佛,阿弥陀佛,阿弥陀佛,”他默默念着唱着,日复一日。因为,他渴望成佛。

寺院的住持也很古怪,他整天拿着一块砖去磨一块石头,日复一日,年复一年地做这件事。小和尚对此很疑惑,他有时候台头看看住持在干什么。而住持只是继续做着这件事。一天,小和尚对问他"住持,你成天磨着石头,在干什么呢?"住持回答说"我想把这块砖磨成镜子"小和尚又说"但是砖是无论如何也磨不成镜子的"。"是这么回事"老住持继续说,“就像你只是念佛,不做些实事,也很难成佛”(掌声)

因此,在座的朋友们,我们不仅要有理想,还要把我们的理想推广开来,更重要的是行动,用实际行动来实现我们共同的理想。(掌声)因此,在座的参议员及旁听席的女士,我要对诸位说没有我们大家的实际帮助,我们的首领无法实现这些理想。在座的朋友和我必须铭记“磨镜台的故事”。(掌声)出席者站了起来

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:address Chiang Dress 中英文对照 chian 美国国会 welcome people except before

沙发
lee222916 发表于 2014-10-20 09:06:34 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

藤椅
花花人 发表于 2014-10-20 10:58:23 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
顶你顶你起来啊

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 15:59