楼主: eijuhz
19575 65

数据挖掘权威教材-The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Predi [推广有奖]

• 1关注
  • 19粉丝

版主

学科带头人

27%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

威望
论坛币
15730 个
通用积分
学术水平
25 点
热心指数
53 点
信用等级
25 点
经验
41553 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
1877 小时
注册时间
2005-5-7
最后登录
2024-4-23

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction (Springer Series in Statistics)
By Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, Jerome Friedman

Publisher: Springer-Verlag Number Of Pages: 744 Publication Date: 2008-12 ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0387848576 ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780387848570 Binding: Hardcover

Product Description:

During the past decade there has been an explosion in computation and information technology. With it have come vast amounts of data in a variety of fields such as medicine, biology, finance, and marketing. The challenge of understanding these data has led to the development of new tools in the field of statistics, and spawned new areas such as data mining, machine learning, and bioinformatics. Many of these tools have common underpinnings but are often expressed with different terminology. This book describes the important ideas in these areas in a common conceptual framework. While the approach is statistical, the emphasis is on concepts rather than mathematics. Many examples are given, with a liberal use of color graphics. It should be a valuable resource for statisticians and anyone interested in data mining in science or industry. The book's coverage is broad, from supervised learning (prediction) to unsupervised learning. The many topics include neural networks, support vector machines, classification trees and boosting---the first comprehensive treatment of this topic in any book.

This major new edition features many topics not covered in the original, including graphical models, random forests, ensemble methods, least angle regression & path algorithms for the lasso, non-negative matrix factorization, and spectral clustering. There is also a chapter on methods for ``wide'' data (p bigger than n), including multiple testing and false discovery rates.

Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, and Jerome Friedman are professors of statistics at Stanford University. They are prominent researchers in this area: Hastie and Tibshirani developed generalized additive models and wrote a popular book of that title. Hastie co-developed much of the statistical modeling software and environment in R/S-PLUS and invented principal curves and surfaces. Tibshirani proposed the lasso and is co-author of the very successful An Introduction to the Bootstrap. Friedman is the co-inventor of many data-mining tools including CART, MARS, projection pursuit and gradient boosting.

Summary: Good Book!
Rating: 5

The book is really helpful and was being delivered to me in a timely fashion.

Summary: Excellent technical and conceptual overview

It gives a complete overview and middle-depth discussions on a wide thematic statistics. Additionally provides methodological elements for making decisions on the implementation of specific techniques. Very good book. I'm an economist and statistical and I was very useful.

Summary: data mining from the viewpoint of statisticians

Data mining is a field developed by computer scientists but many of its crucial elements are imbedded in important and subtle statistical concepts. Statisticians can play an important role in the development of this field but as was the case with artificial intelligence, expert systems and neural networks the statistical research community has been slow to respond. Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman are changing this.
Friedman has been a major player in pattern recognition of high dimensional data, in tree classification, regularized discriminant analysis and multivariate adaptive regression splines. He has also done some exciting new research on boosting methods.

Hastie and Tibshirani invented additive models which are very general types of regression models. Tibshirani invented the lasso method and is a leader among the researchers on bootstrap. Hastie invented principal curves and surfaces.

These tools and the expertise of these authors make them naturals to contribute to advances in data mining. They come with great expertise and see data mining from the statistical perspective. They see it as part of a more general process of statistical learning from data.

The book is well written and illustrated with many pretty color graphs and figures. Color adds a dimension in pattern recognition and the authors exploit it in this book. It is really the first of its kind that treats data mining from a statistical perspective and is so comprehensive and up-to-date.

The important statistical tools that are covered in this book include under the category of supervised learning; regression, discriminant analysis, kernel methods, model assessment and selection, bootstrapping, maximum likelihood and Bayesian inference, additive models, classification and regression trees, multivariate adaptive regression splines, boosting, regularization methods, nearest neighbor classification, k means clustering algorithms and neural networks. These methods are illustrated using real problems.

Similarly under the category of unsupervised learning, clustering and association are covered. They cover the latest developments in principal components and principal curves, multidimensional scaling, factor analysis and projection pursuit.

This book is innovative and fresh. It is an important contribution that will become a classic. The level is between intermediate and advanced. Good for an advanced special topics course for graduate students in statistics. A comparable text is the text by Mannila, Hand and Smyth.

This book made effective use of color and maintained a competitive price. This had a major impact on publishers like Wiley that could not sell a book at this size and initial price. Wiley is still looking for a book comparable to this one that they can use to compete with Springer-Verlag. I know this information because I heard from the Wiley acquisitions editor that I worked with on my two books.

Summary: elements of statistical learning

i really like this book. i haven't finished reading yet. it's extremely dense. by that, i mean every page, every paragraph is packed full of information. it makes for slow but very rewarding reading. i bought the book because

i wanted to learn something about the topic. i've got a math and statistics background, but i haven't dealt with the broad topic of data mining or statistical learning. the book suits my needs very very well.

it's clearly written. i haven't found any grammatical or technical errors. it's pacing is ambitious, but i find i can follow it. i do think some math and statistics background is required to make the book readable and useful.

i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone with the appropriate background.

Summary: Great statistics book.

I'm a machine learning person, and this book provides pretty thorough state-of-art and up-to-date (relatively well) summary of statistical methods being used in lots of pattern classification fields. One thing that does not exist in the book is generative models, although this book is the best of the kind that describes discriminitive models.

现金1作为计数器

http://rapidshare.com/files/156471804/The_Elements_of_Statistical_Learning_-_Data_Mining_Inference_and_Prediction__2nd_edition___Springer_.html

qianqianlo  金钱 +50  奖励好资料 2009-4-13 15:07:55
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Statistical Data Mining statistica statistic Inference Mining Inference Prediction Springer Elements

沙发
bookbug 发表于 2008-10-23 07:03:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
沙发

使用道具

藤椅
sfhsky 发表于 2008-10-23 07:05:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
俺下载不了
离开了真实的生活,就只剩下黑板上的方程和曲线。但如诗的数学要与如画的现实结合,经济学才是既活又美的。

使用道具

板凳
bushman 发表于 2008-10-23 09:04:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

楼主厚道,如果能传上来就更好了!

使用道具

报纸
yfzhang 发表于 2008-10-23 10:09:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

怎么没有下载的东西?我花钱啦哦!

使用道具

地板
sunshineqj 发表于 2008-10-23 10:14:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢啦

使用道具

kkwei 发表于 2008-10-23 10:45:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
教育网内下载不起啊

使用道具

eijuhz 发表于 2008-10-23 15:57:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

下载连接有效,书实在太大,上传不了。

使用道具

ecowhj 发表于 2008-10-24 05:34:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
俺下了 不知道用啥打开 lz请回答

使用道具

zhonghybb 发表于 2008-10-24 07:00:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
能看的,2008年的。下载后把尾缀改成zip

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注cda
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 17:10