楼主: nelsoncwlee
1391 0

[交易平台及行情软件] Cloud Computing: Web-Based Applications That Change the Way You Work and Collabo [推广有奖]

• 5关注
  • 82粉丝

学科带头人

62%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

TA的文库  其他...

Financial Engineering

威望
论坛币
300381 个
通用积分
学术水平
240 点
热心指数
288 点
信用等级
148 点
经验
240984 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
2716 小时
注册时间
2015-6-13
最后登录
2023-7-9

初级热心勋章 初级信用勋章 中级热心勋章

相似文件 换一批

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Cloud Computing: Web-Based Applications That Change the Way You Work and Collaborate On-Line

Computing as you know it has changed. No longer are you tied to using expensive programs stored on your computer. No longer will you be able to only access your data from one computer. No longer will you be tied to doing work only from your work computer or playing only from your personal computer.

Enter cloud computing–an exciting new way to work with programs and data, collaborate with friends and family, share ideas with coworkers and friends, and most of all, be more productive! The “cloud” consists of thousands of computers and servers, all linked and accessible to you via the Internet.

With cloud computing, everything you do is now web-based instead of being desktop-based; you can access all your programs and documents from any computer that’s connected to the Internet. Whether you want to share photographs with your family, coordinate volunteers for a community organization, or manage a multi-faceted project in a large organization, cloud computing can help you do it more easily than ever before. Trust us. If you need to collaborate, cloud computing is the way to do it.

•    Learn what cloud computing is, how it works, who should use it, and why it’s the wave of the future.

•    Explore the practical benefits of cloud computing, from saving money on expensive programs to accessing your documents ANYWHERE.

•    See just how easy it is to manage work and personal schedules, share documents with coworkers and friends, edit digital photos, and much more!

•    Learn how to use web-based applications to collaborate on reports and presentations, share online calendars and to-do lists, manage large projects, and edit and store digital photographs.

Michael Miller is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his ability to explain a wide variety of complex topics to an everyday audience. Mr. Miller has written more than 80 nonfiction books over the past two decades, with more than a million copies in print. His books for Que include Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics,  Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource, and Is It Safe?: Protecting Your Computer, Your Business, and Yourself Online. His website is located at www.molehillgroup.com.

Covers the most popular cloud-based applications, including the following:

• Adobe Photoshop Express

• Apple MobileMe

• Glide OS

• Google Docs

• Microsoft Office Live Workspace

• Zoho Office

CATEGORY:  Web Applications

COVERS:  Cloud Computing

USER LEVEL:  Beginner-Intermediate

Editorial ReviewsAbout the Author

Michael Miller is a successful and prolific author. He is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his ability to explain a wide variety of complex topics to an everyday audience.

Mr. Miller has written more than 80 nonfiction books over the past two decades, with more than a million copies in print. His books for Que include Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics, How Microsoft Windows Vista Works, Making a Living from Your eBay Business, Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource, and Is It Safe? Protecting Your Computer, Your Business, and Yourself Online. You can email Mr. Miller directly at cloud@molehillgroup.com.

Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Introduction

Computing as you know it is about to change: Your applications and documents are going to move from the desktop into the cloud.

I'm talking about cloud computing, where applications and files are hosted on a "cloud" consisting of thousands of computers and servers, all linked together and accessible via the Internet. With cloud computing, everything you do is now web based instead of being desktop based. You can access all your programs and documents from any computer that's connected to the Internet.

How will cloud computing change the way you work? For one thing, you're no longer tied to a single computer. You can take your work anywhere because it's always accessible via the web. In addition, cloud computing facilitates group collaboration, as all group members can access the same programs and documents from wherever they happen to be located.

Cloud computing might sound far-fetched, but chances are you're already using some cloud applications. If you're using a web-based email program, such as Gmail or Hotmail, you're computing in the cloud. If you're using a web-based application such as Google Calendar or Apple MobileMe, you're computing in the cloud. If you're using a file- or photo-sharing site, such as Flickr or Picasa Web Albums, you're computing in the cloud. It's the technology of the future, available to use today.

How does cloud computing work? What does cloud computing mean for the way you use a computer? What are the top cloud computing applications? Good questions all, and all answered in this book: Cloud Computing: Web-Based Applications That Change the Way You Work and Collaborate Online. I don't pretend to answer every question you may have (the overly technical ones in particular), but I do try to give you a good solid overview of the cloud computing phenomenon, and introduce you to some of the more popular cloud applications—in particular, those that facilitate group collaboration.

And that's where cloud computing really shines. Whether you want to share photographs with family members, coordinate volunteers for a community organization, or manage a multifaceted project in a large organization, cloud computing can help you collaborate and communicate with other group members. You'll have a better idea of how this works after you read the book, but trust me on this one—if you need to collaborate, cloud computing is the way to do it.

How This Book Is Organized

Cloud computing is actually a pretty simple concept, but one with lots of variations and ramifications. To help you better understand what cloud computing is and what it does, I've organized this book into four major parts:

• Part I, "Understanding Cloud Computing," is the place for you to start learning about cloud computing. I explain how cloud computing works and examine which types of users can best benefit from this new technology.

• Part II, "Cloud Computing for Everyone," examines the practical benefit of cloud computing for users in three different scenarios: in the family, in the community, and in the large organization.

• Part III, "Using Cloud Services," is an overview of various types of web-based applications. You'll learn about cloud services for scheduling, contact management, project management, word processing, presentations, and other key applications.

• Part IV, "Outside the Cloud: Other Ways to Collaborate Online," moves beyond strict cloud computing to examine other Internet-based tools for group collaboration, including web email, instant messaging, social networks, online groupware, blogs, and wikis.

Taken together, the 20 chapters in this book provide an excellent overview of cloud computing. If you're not sure what cloud computing is yet, you will be when you get done reading this book.

Conventions Used in This Book

I hope that this book is easy enough to figure out on its own, without requiring its own instruction manual. As you read through the pages, however, it helps to know precisely how I've presented specific types of information.

Web Page Addresses

There are a lot of web page addresses in this book. They're noted as such:

http://www.molehillgroup.com

Technically, a web page address is supposed to start with http:// (as in http://www.molehillgroup.com). Because Internet Explorer and other web browsers automatically insert this piece of the address, however, you don't have to type it—and I haven't included it in any of the addresses in this book.

Cloud Services

I also list a lot of web-based applications and services in this book; after all, that's what cloud computing is all about. Know, however, that companies are constantly changing prices, coming out with new features, introducing completely new services, and discontinuing older ones. With that in mind, every service and URL listed in this book is valid as of June 2008; chances are, however, that something will change by the time you read the book.

Special Elements

This book includes two special elements that provide additional information not included in the basic text. These elements are designed to supplement the text to make it your learning faster, easier, and more efficient.

In addition, I end each chapter with a sidebar—a chunk of text that goes beyond what is presented in the normal chapter text to provide additional information that may be of interest to you. I find these sidebars interesting but not necessarily essential; you may or may not feel the same.

Product Details
  • Paperback: 312 pages
  • Publisher: Que Publishing; 1 edition (August 21, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0789738031
  • ISBN-13: 978-0789738035

Cloud Computing Web-Based Applications That Change the Way You Work and Collabor.pdf (19.22 MB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Applications Application computing cation change computing computer personal programs friends

本帖被以下文库推荐

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 16:36