送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

290898.rar (1.55 MB) 本附件包括:

• 1402215061 How to Buy a Diamond.pdf

外部下载链接:

http://rapidshare.com/files/194121184/How_to_Buy_a_Diamond__6th_Edition.rar

How to Buy a Diamond, 6th Edition: Insider Secrets for Getting Your Money's Worth

By Fred Cuellar

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Number Of Pages: 448
Publication Date: 2008-07-01
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 1402215061
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781402215063

Product Description:

"Finally, one of the top diamond experts breaks the silence and demystifies the world of diamonds for regular folks like you and me."
- Gregory J. P. Godek, author of 1001 Ways To Be Romantic

Get Your Money's Worth on a Great Diamond

Buying a diamond can be one of the most important and intimidating purchases you ever make. Whether you're getting engaged or married, or are buying for an anniversary, investment, or just because, How to Buy a Diamond will take the pressure and uncertainty out of your purchase, and will show you how to get the best diamond for your money.

Newly revised and completely updated, How to Buy a Diamond is the only book on the market to include wholesalers' secret pricing charts that you, the public, never get to see! The charts are broken down by carat, clarity, and color - including the various types of color within each color grade.

Important sections include:

Matching your funds with the perfect diamond
The four Cs explained: clarity, color, cut, and carat size
Ring styles and settings
Insuring and caring for your diamond
Picking the right jeweler
Jewelers' tricks of the trade
Wholesalers' secret pricing charts!

-----------------------------------------------------

Summary: Very Helpful
Rating: 5

This book is excellent. Information is first rate and very clear. The dimensional data on diamonds is helpful to decide how to buy an excellent diamond over the internet or at a jeweler.
The book helped me get a really nice diamond at a decent price.

There really are lots of scumbags in the diamond industry ready to screw you so be prepared with this book.
Seriously, after reading this book you will know more about diamonds then half the "jewelers" out there.

Summary: Detailed and Practical

Very comprehensive and detailed. The OEM price list is of great help. This book is a must for anyone who's looking at buying diamond.

Summary: How to Get What You Pay For. But the Advice Comes from a Salesman.
Rating: 4

Fred Cuellar -jeweler, prolific diamond advisor, and creator of novelty gem pieces for pro sports teams and corporations- brings his enthusiasm for diamonds to "How to Buy a Diamond", his popular guide to getting your money's worth in carbon, now in its 5th edition. "How to Buy a Diamond" discusses buying diamond engagement rings, but since it assumes you will be shopping for a loose stone, the information is equally applicable to any diamond: rings, earrings, pendants, stones for investment, etc. This book places more emphasis on the process of purchasing the diamond than most diamond guides. Only the first 2 chapters are concerned with the stones themselves.

Chapter 1 addresses the obligatory "4 Cs": carat weight, clarity, color, and cut. In addition to basic information, Cuellar explains the expanded color typing produced by a Colorimeter, shows how color and clarity grades should correspond unless you want an oddball stone with poor resale value, and he comments on GIA's new, looser cut grading system. Chapter 2 is dedicated to "Cost", including price lists for 1/3 -5 carat diamonds, price lists for "buying shy" or buying just under the desired carat weight, and charts for calculating prices of 6-10 carat stones. Cuellar explains why it is difficult to determine what a diamond of a certain color, clarity, and carat should cost without a lot of other information.

There are questionnaires to aid in finding a qualified jeweler and picking a suitable stone. The author highly recommends "bonded" diamonds, warns against the limitations of lab grading reports and buying on the internet, describes enhancement treatments to look out for, and introduces us to synthetic diamonds. Chapter 5, "Tricks of the Trade", details some common ploys that jewelers use to deceive customers as well as some that customers use to scam jewelers or unjustly accuse them of theft. Presenting the dangers of the diamond business from the jeweler's point of view provides interesting insight.

A "Will You Marry Me?" chapter gives trepidatious men advice on how to pop the question -and when not to. This seemed to me like a lot of self-righteous advice on finding Miss or Mr. Right. Fred Cuellar is unquestionably a romantic and a talented salesman. He likes the idea of "true love" and the idea of a diamond as an expression of such. The book has 11 chapters. Those that I did not mention are shorter and perhaps less essential: ring settings, common myths about diamonds, tips on cleaning, advice on trade-ins and selling your diamond. Carat size charts, a glossary, Q&A, and more are found in the Appendixes.

"How to Buy a Diamond" offers some helpful advice that I have not seen in other consumer diamond guides. On the other hand, no retailer will ace the jeweler questionnaire, no one recognizes color typing, and you will not find diamonds with the kind of "bonded" warranty that the book describes. Fred Cuellar is not a disinterested party. He sells (bonded) diamonds, and he hopes you will buy from him. I found "How to Buy a Diamond" a mixed bag: useful insight, strong opinion, and thinly veiled sales pitch. I liked enough to recommend the book, but sometimes it must be taken with a grain of salt. "How to Buy a Diamond" does not have photos, but its companion web site does. If you would like more detail about diamond cuts, enhancements, and how to detect a fake, including how to examine a diamond though a loupe, "Diamonds: The Antoinette Matlins Buying Guide" is more hands-on and impartial.

Summary: Great Book - Well written

If you don't know the 4 C's about diamonds, certification, etc. you will be "totally" unprepared to deal with jewlery stores and wind up paying way, way...... too much money for a diamond.

This is a great book. Get a fair deal for your loved one. Get this book!!!

Summary: Read THIS Book Before You Buy a Diamond

I ordered this book before a major diamond purchase. I was able to read it quickly and easily. I was impressed by how well organized and effective it was. I believe that this book prepared me well.

The author provides plenty of support for his clear recommendations. I was suprized at how well he used just enough detail without bogging down. He even has included an extensive diamond price list.

I can't emphasize enough how much the organization of the book made it easier to pick up the necessary information.

Highest recommendation

[此贴子已经被作者于2009-2-5 15:09:39编辑过]

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:兄弟姐妹 情人节 questionnair Organization Corporations 论坛 兄弟 情人节 姐妹

yinjisheng 在职认证  发表于 2009-2-5 15:16:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
支持超版,呵呵......

使用道具

lion温柔 发表于 2009-2-6 22:48:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢。
楼主英文肯定 very  good.

使用道具

qjjatgu 发表于 2009-2-7 01:22:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群

钻石恒久远,一颗就破产!

一切随缘!不攀缘!善缘善灭!

使用道具

lader 发表于 2009-2-7 08:47:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
不错,感谢分享.

使用道具

yalehorse 发表于 2009-2-7 23:09:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群

谢谢!愿论坛的兄弟姐妹们能有情人成眷属.但愿没有钻石的爱情也可以恒久远.

生一日当尽一日之勤

使用道具

没简体中文版的吗

使用道具

不错,拜读以下
to know the nature and humanity

使用道具

与7楼有同感

使用道具

逍遥剑圣 发表于 2009-2-10 23:30:00 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
多谢 有没有中文版? 哈哈 谢谢

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:01