楼主: wwqqer
13316 186

[其他] 回复有奖,看大选学英语:让你妈来竞选!   [推广有奖]

回帖奖励 427 个论坛币 回复本帖可获得 1 个论坛币奖励! 每人限 1 次(中奖概率 50%)

版主

泰斗

65%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

TA的文库  其他...

Wiley文库

Springer文库

全球著名CRC出版社文库

威望
论坛币
109020 个
通用积分
学术水平
5957 点
热心指数
6460 点
信用等级
5272 点
经验
3927 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
9406 小时
注册时间
2007-12-10
最后登录
2024-4-18

二级伯乐勋章 一级伯乐勋章 初级学术勋章 中级学术勋章 初级热心勋章 中级热心勋章 初级信用勋章 中级信用勋章 高级学术勋章 高级热心勋章 特级学术勋章 高级信用勋章 特级信用勋章 特级热心勋章

楼主
wwqqer 在职认证  发表于 2016-2-29 07:40:47 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群|倒序 |AI写论文
相似文件 换一批

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

'

US-presidential-elections-countdown-11-months-banner-1000x288.png

2016年是美国大选年。关注大选的好处有三:首先,能迅速提高英语听说的水平
对中国学生来说,读写相对来说较强,听说最差。总统辩论直接效果就是能练听力,看他们怎么用词,用什么样的语气,采用什么样的叙述方式,使用什么样的肢体语言。(由于国内资源有限,我们只能从书面文字中管中窺豹)其次,能迅速把握美国及世界的政治经济局势,因为大选涉及的议题一般都是社会中主要存在的问题。而且,由于美国在世界政治的领导地位,我们也因此能从美国人的角度了解世界大势。最后,如果我们肯动嘴练习,随便从里边找些词,就能迅速把自己升格为“高大上”。与老外聊起天来不愁没有谈资,而且能够从容不迫,侃侃而谈。王朔名言:“X是一样的X,装上见高低”!

想要随时跟踪最新好书,请点击头像下方“加关注”。
关注成功后,查看这里即可三步走把千本好书“一网打尽”!

美国共和党总统参选人第九次辩论在当地时间2月13日晚上结束,这场辩论充满的高声叫喊、人身攻击和辱骂,因此被称为美国总统竞选史上“最下流的辩论” (the nastiest of the campaign, complete with raised voices, name calling, and criticism of family members)。这场辩论后,小小布什(Jeb)在南卡罗来那州惨败,退出了总统竞选。现在就带大家来看看这场辩论是怎么样个“下流”法!

New York Times
In Republican Debate, Jeb Bush Attacks Donald Trump

By PATRICK HEALYFEB. 13, 2016
bush.jpg
Former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida blasted Donald J. Trump for insulting the Bush family and ridiculed the idea that Mr. Trump could be commander in chief during a contentious and sometimes nasty Republican presidential debate in Greenville, S.C., on Saturday, a week before a crucial primary in the state.

With Mr. Trump leading in the polls in South Carolina and elsewhere after his victory in the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday, he was a ripe target for his Republican rivals, especially Mr. Bush and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who are under intense pressure to halt his political momentum. But the vitriol was so intense that it seemed to surprise even Mr. Trump, a combative figure who had not been so roundly pummeled at a debate before.

After a somber opening to the debate that focused on the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, Mr. Bush aggressively took on Mr. Trump — an imperative for the former governor, given his poor showings in New Hampshire and the Iowa caucuses this month. Having helped raise more than $155 million, and with his family’s political reputation on the line, Mr. Bush had the look and feel of a man taking his last, best shot to rescue his candidacy and destroy Mr. Trump’s.

Mr. Bush bore into Mr. Trump’s knowledge and readiness to confront national security threats, noting that Mr. Trump had made positive remarks about Russia’s role in fighting the Islamic State in Syria.

“It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Russia could be a positive partner in this,” Mr. Bush said.

“Jeb is so wrong; Jeb is absolutely,” Mr. Trump said, before being cut off by boos from the audience. “You’ve got to fight ISIS first,” he added. “You have to knock them off strong.”

Mr. Trump drew more boos by attacking a South Carolina Republican, Senator Lindsey Graham, who is a Bush ally. Mr. Trump dismissed the catcalls from the audience by saying they were from Bush supporters, donors and Washington insiders. “I tell the truth, lobbyists,” Mr. Trump said.

Moments later, Mr. Trump stood by his past remarks that he would have supported the impeachment of President George W. Bush over the war in Iraq, saying that his administration misled the country about weapons of mass destruction. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction, and there were none,” Mr. Trump said.

His remarks drew a slashing attack from Jeb Bush, who is well aware that many South Carolina Republicans hold high opinions of President Bush as well as of their parents. “I’m sick and tired of him going after my family,” Mr. Bush said. “My dad is the greatest man alive, in my mind,” he added. “My mom is the strongest woman I know.”

“She should be running (让你妈来竞选!),” Mr. Trump said tartly.

Attacking the honor and record of the Bush family amounted to one of the biggest risks that Mr. Trump had taken during the presidential race, given that Mr. Bush and his “super PAC” are spending heavily to win the South Carolina primary and that Bush advisers believe Mr. Trump is vulnerable here.

Mr. Trump’s florid reputation, past support for abortion rights and harsh language — including a vulgarity he used last week about Mr. Cruz — could alienate social conservatives and establishment Republicans in the state, according to Bush advisers. While Mr. Bush has assailed Mr. Trump in the past and described him as all but unqualified for the presidency, the Saturday debate was his most forceful performance of the race.

The debate was also critical for Senator Marco Rubio of Florida after his disastrous turn in a face-off last weekend in New Hampshire, where Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey savaged him as scripted and callow after Mr. Rubio kept repeating the same stock attack on President Obama.

Mr. Rubio’s political momentum slowed after that, and he finished fifth in the primary there. In his concession speech, he promised supporters that he would not make the same mistakes in the debate on Saturday night. If he did not embarrass himself, he did not appreciably improve. As before, he spoke very quickly, in long sentences, rattling off national security challenges in Asia, the Middle East and Russia without pausing, a furious rush akin to spitting out words.

Mr. Rubio also briefly pounced on Mr. Trump during the exchange over President George W. Bush, not only on the subject of Iraq, but also on the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Mr. Trump disputed Mr. Rubio’s assertion that President Bush had shown leadership before the attacks.

“The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush,” Mr. Trump said. “That is not safe, Marco.”

“The World Trade Center came down because Bill Clinton did not kill Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance to kill him,” Mr. Rubio said.

The death of Justice Scalia briefly injected a new seriousness into a Republican nomination fight that has been rambunctious and unpredictable ever since Mr. Trump upended American politics last summer by building a formidable lead in national opinion polls despite a series of harsh comments about Mexicans, women, Senator John McCain and others.

The six candidates were generally in agreement that the Republican-led Senate should try to block any nomination by Mr. Obama to replace Justice Scalia, although some of them acknowledged that if they were president, they would act on their constitutional authority to try to fill the vacancy.

“If I were president now, I would certainly want to try to nominate a justice,” Mr. Trump said. “I think he’s going to do it whether I’m O.K. with it or not. I think it’s up to Mitch McConnell and everybody else to stop it. It’s called delay, delay, delay.”

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio struck a somber note, saying he was disappointed that Justice Scalia’s death had turned into a partisan fight so quickly. He argued that Mr. Obama should pick a candidate who would receive “unanimous approval” from both parties, or else forgo naming a candidate. “I wish we hadn’t run so fast into politics,” Mr. Kasich said.

While all of the candidates seemed more animated during the forum, the dynamic seemed to revert to the early days of the campaign, when Mr. Trump’s presence, personality and blunt insults dominated the action.

Mr. Kasich, who has sought to portray himself as the most reasonable and centrist of the candidates, told the group at one point, “I think we’re fixing to lose the election to Hillary Clinton if we don’t stop this.”

The candidates also clashed sharply over immigration, which has emerged as the major policy flash point in the South Carolina Republican primary. Mr. Rubio, who sees Mr. Cruz and to a lesser extent Jeb Bush as his chief threats in South Carolina, attacked Mr. Cruz with the same talking points he had used all week, insisting that the Texas senator had held lenient positions on illegal immigration.

“I would note not only that Marco has a long record when it comes to amnesty,” Mr. Cruz said. “In the state of Florida, as speaker of the house, he supported in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. In addition to that, Marco went on Univision in Spanish and said he would not rescind Mr. Obama’s illegal exclusive amnesty on his first day in office.”

Mr. Rubio shot back, “I don’t know how he knows what I said on Univision because he doesn’t speak Spanish,” which prompted a brief reply in Spanish from Mr. Cruz.

While Mr. Trump was repeatedly dismissive of Mr. Bush’s political skills, portraying him as a loser whose supporters had spent more than $20 million on attack ads to little gain, he was even more scathing toward Mr. Cruz, who is regarded by the Trump campaign as its ultimate opponent. Mr. Trump appeared on the verge of losing his cool as Mr. Cruz invoked the death of Justice Scalia to warn that Mr. Trump would appoint “liberals” to the Supreme Court and brought up Mr. Trump’s past support for abortion rights.

“You are the single biggest liar,” Mr. Trump said, glaring at Mr. Cruz. “This guy will say anything. Nasty guy. Now I know why he doesn’t have one endorsement from any of his colleagues” in the Senate.

Yet when Mr. Trump went on to attack Mr. Cruz over his campaign’s attempt to undermine Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, in Iowa, Mr. Cruz saw an opening and seized it.

“I will say it is fairly remarkable to see Donald defending Ben,” Mr. Cruz said, “after he called him pathological and compared him to a child molester, both of which were offensive and wrong.”

“I just quoted his book,” Mr. Trump said of some his swipes at Mr. Carson last fall.

The debate’s moderator, John Dickerson of CBS, even confronted Mr. Trump with his history of profanity, asking him to explain it, given that many voters found his language offensive.

“On occasion, in order to sort of really highlight something, I’ll use a profanity,” Mr. Trump said. “One of the profanities that I got credited with using that I didn’t use was a very bad word two weeks ago that I never used,” he added. “And everybody said, ‘Oh, he didn’t say anything wrong.’ But you bleeped it. So everyone thinks I said the word — I didn’t say anything. I never said the word.”

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:学英语 presidential Pathological Conservative constitution telling calling foreign members 华盛顿

已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
william9225 + 60 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 60   查看全部评分

沙发
wwqqer 在职认证  发表于 2016-2-29 08:46:13 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

想要随时跟踪最新好书,请点击头像下方“加关注”。关注成功后,查看这里即可:三步走把千本好书“一网打尽”!
[原创] 浅析动量因子(附带Matlab/SAS程序及经典文献85篇,免费
[原创] 如何复制对冲基金的成功?(hedge fund replication,附免费文献)
[原创] 对于目前流行的量化投资与smart beta策略的一些看法 (附免费文献10篇)
[原创] 庄子“逍遥”之我见

【经典教材系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【金融教材系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【大数据系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【程序软件系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【大师系列】(资料汇总帖,持续添加中)
【华尔街系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)

【阿尔法系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【Wiley-Kolb金融系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【国际政经系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【2008金融危机必读系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【畅销书系列】(资料汇总帖,附链接,持续添加中)
【查理芒格系列】Charlie Munger 推荐的20本书!(附链接)
【西蒙系列】跨学科旅行家: 赫伯特 西蒙 (Herbert Simon)资料汇总帖
【弗格森系列】学术界里的明星与怪伽: 尼尔•弗格森(Niall Ferguson)著作汇总帖

美国《时代》杂志2015年度十大最佳非小说类作品(附链接)
《经济学人》2015年度最佳书单(附链接)
《经济学人》2014年度最佳书单(附链接)
亚马逊2015年度最佳商业投资类图书(附链接)
亚马逊2014年度最佳商业投资类图书(附链接)
2015年度英国《金融时报》最佳商业图书书单(附链接)
2014年度英国《金融时报》最佳商业图书书单(附链接)

彭博社: 2015年欧美政商学界精英的精彩阅读瞬间!
好书推荐!扎克伯格的读书年(A Year of Books)
比尔·盖茨2015年度推荐书单:关注事物的工作原理 (附链接)
【独家发布】比尔·盖茨推荐的九本书----希望有人能将它们(感谢olderp的热心帮助)
比尔•盖茨最喜欢的商业书籍 (Bill Gates's Favorite Business Book)
【资源典藏】最值得收藏的创业书单:21本必读国外经典经管书籍都在这里了(感谢iRolly的热心帮助)

金融危机畅销书作家Peter Schiff系列
2015年光棍节推荐书单(附链接)
2015年,梁小民读了328本书,但只推荐这10本(感谢版主的热心帮助)
2015年最值得馆藏的20本商业图书(感谢chenyi112982的热心帮助)
经典中的经典!美国知名财经作家Jason Zweig投资入门书推荐!(附链接)
福布斯:史上最好的20条投资建议 The Best Investment Advice Of All Time (附链接)
资深业内人士推荐的10本交易书(附链接)Top Ten Trading Books I Have Read

[专题系列]
大牛Paul Krugman:日本,对不起!
[专题系列] Barra模型-RiskMetrics (RMA)-PMA资料(持续更新)
[专题系列] 主动投资与被动投资(active vs. passive),到底哪个更厉害?(免费!)
[专题系列] 行为经济学 From “Economic Man” to Behavioral Economics

[专题系列] 纽约时报:斯坦福大学经济系是如何后来居上的?
[专题系列] ECB 终于把名义利率降为负值了!(附重要文献11篇,免费)
[专题系列] Frameworks for Central Banking in the Next Century(最新文献9篇,免费)
[专题系列] Energy Derivatives Pricing (能源衍生品定价介绍,27篇文献,全部免费)
[专题系列] 福布斯杂志(Forbes)揭秘世界知名对冲基金AQR制胜交易策略!附带29篇文献

[专题系列] 有效市场假设(Efficient Market Hypothesis) :一场伟大的分歧!
[专题系列] 金融危机后,通胀目标(Inflation Targeting)是否仍然可行?
[专题系列] 非常规货币政策退出策略(Exit Strategy) 权威报告!
[专题系列] 回测过程中的过度拟合问题 (backtest overfitting,附最新文献2篇)
[专题系列] 做计量的朋友们,你们的标准误差(standard error)算对了吗?(附程序)

使用道具

藤椅
laodong1983 在职认证  发表于 2016-2-29 08:54:07 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

回帖奖励 +1 个论坛币

使用道具

板凳
SMACKDOWN 发表于 2016-2-29 09:16:25 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢楼主分享!

使用道具

报纸
SMACKDOWN 发表于 2016-2-29 09:16:56 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢楼主分享!

使用道具

地板
SMACKDOWN 发表于 2016-2-29 09:17:28 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

回帖奖励 +1 个论坛币

谢谢楼主分享!

使用道具

xavierxu99 在职认证  发表于 2016-2-29 10:16:02 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
一个币还有概率啊

使用道具

xavierxu99 在职认证  发表于 2016-2-29 10:16:52 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

回帖奖励 +1 个论坛币

楼主了不起

使用道具

caifacai 发表于 2016-2-29 10:20:07 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢楼主分享!

使用道具

caifacai 发表于 2016-2-29 10:20:46 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

回帖奖励 +1 个论坛币

谢谢楼主分享!

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 15:30