应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
Drawing on the author’s 45 years of experience in multivariate analysis, Correspondence Analysis in Practice, Third Edition, shows how the versatile method of correspondence analysis (CA) can be used for data visualization in a wide variety of situations. CA and its variants, subset CA, multiple CA and joint CA, translate two-way and multi-way tables into more readable graphical forms ― ideal for applications in the social, environmental and health sciences, as well as marketing, economics, linguistics, archaeology, and more.

Michael Greenacre is Professor of Statistics at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain, where he teaches a course, amongst others, on Data Visualization. He has authored and co-edited nine books and 80 journal articles and book chapters, mostly on correspondence analysis, the latest being Visualization and Verbalization of Data in 2015. He has given short courses in fifteen countries to environmental scientists, sociologists, data scientists and marketing professionals, and has specialized in statistics in ecology and social science.

Review
"Perfect time for this beautifully (R+LaTeX) implemented book! It has now 30 exactly-eight-page chapters (5 brand new!), 167 wonderful "exhibits" (typically 5 or 6 per chapter), informative marginal notes, useful chapter summaries, and wisely isolated appendices of 64 extra pages including well documented R scripts (available on website), a compact walk through the SVD-centered matrix theory, and a carefully annotated bibliography. This book truly contains and conveys a huge amount of practical knowledge related to Correspondence Analysis. Really appreciate the new edition!
Based on the fact that the previous edition was an instant success in my circles, I am willing to predict that the new edition will cha(lle)nge the mindsets in the rapidly growing areas of Computational Social Sciences and Digital Humanities as well as in numerous data-driven branches of Natural Sciences. This is important, because our era of data - larger than ever and complex like chaos - requires several skills from statisticians and other data scientists. We must see behind the patterns of numbers hidden in matrices and arrays. We are not afraid of coding, recoding, programming, or modelling. We want to visualize, analyze, interpret, understand, and communicate. These are the core themes of Correspondence Analysis. And this book is THE book for learning these skills."
―Kimmo Vehkalahti, Fellow of the Teachers' Academy, University of Helsinki

"This great book has become greater, and not just by the extra five chapters. Michael Greenacre has extended the scope of correspondence analysis in this third edition into new and interesting areas, such as network analysis and compositional data. Like the previous edition, this one sticks to the module format, making it ideal as a teaching text. This is an authoritative book by one of the world experts, written in an accessible style."
―Trevor Hastie, Statistics Department, Stanford University

"Michael Greenacre’s book is an innovative and illuminating book which covers various fields of correspondence analysis to different areas of research. It is a must for practitioners and statisticians working in the area of correspondence analysis and other visualization methods."
―Jörg Blasius, Professor of Sociology, University of Bonn, Germany

"This book is wonderfully compact, delivering just the right level of detail to give the reader a robust understanding of the subject: not just how to do it, but why it works, which is so crucial when confronting unusual analytical problems. Each chapter is exactly eight pages long, which is one of my favourite features in any statistics textbook. The reader knows that each topic can be digested in a manageable period of time. This format has been retained since the second edition, which I first encountered when I was called on to carry out a CA and had to teach myself it over a weekend. I enjoyed having Greenacre as my guide then, and I expect that new readers will feel the same now. He has the knack of making new methods approachable and intuitive without sacrificing important detail."
―Robert Grant, Kingston University and St George’s, University of London

"The third instalment of Correspondence Analysis in Practice continues to deliver an excellent guide on the application of correspondence analysis but with a twist. This time, the third edition includes far more discussion on data structures not seen before in previous, or more recent, books on correspondence analysis. Thus the book will continue to reach out to those researchers and students who want to learn more about the ways of visualising categorical data. Michael has continued with his unique 8-pages per chapter format ensuring that this edition remains as engaging and very easy to read and follow as ever."
―Eric Beh, University of Newcastle

Praise for the Second Edition:

"…this book is pleasant to read, accessible, and easy to digest. … the book provides the reader with all he or she needs for a proper use of CA and its main extensions. There is enough theory for a valid interpretation of the analysis, in particular what can and what cannot be read on a map. Learning is easy thanks to the pleasant style of the author, the choice of the various illustrative examples, and the appropriate format of the presentation. The book can be read at different levels depending on the reader’s background in mathematics. Therefore, it will be useful to a large number of users, researchers and professionals in all branches, especially in human sciences, ecology, linguistic, etc. It will also be of great interest for students in statistics and, of course, for teachers. I highly recommend this volume to a very wide readership."
―Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Vol. 53, 2009

“…a brilliant book written by an experienced writer…this kind of insight is something that practically every book could have. I would truly recommend this book for everyone who is interested in analyzing and visualizing categorical data…will surely find lots of use for this book.”
―Kimmo Vehkalahti, University of Helsinki, Finland, International Statistical Review, 2008

"This is a nice book for all those who wish to acquaint themselves with the versatile methodology of correspondence analysis and the way it can be used for the analysis and visualization of data arriving typically from fields of social, environmental, and health sciences, marketing, and economics. Numerous examples provide a real flavour of the possibilities of the method."
―EMS Newsletter

"This writer, a well-experienced researcher, makes complicated things seem easy and easily understood . . . I really enjoyed reading this book . . . I would recommend this book for everyone who works with categorical data and at least one time faced the problem of visualizing such data, especially those interested in correspondence analysis techniques will surely use this book as their standard reference."
– Dimitris Karlis, Athens University of Economics, Psychometrika, March 2009, Vol. 74, No. 1
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Analysis Practice respond practic Analysi experience marketing multiple health method

0042e28e.jpg

CRC Press - Correspondence Analysis in Practice (2017).pdf

18.86 MB

需要: 10 个论坛币  [购买]

Correspondence Analysis in Practice, Third Edition

已有 1 人评分经验 热心指数 收起 理由
飞天玄舞6 + 60 + 1 奖励积极上传好的资料

总评分: 经验 + 60  热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注cda
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 10:24