充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

myJGw 发表于 2018-6-9 12:12:24 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
1. my reading-今天阅读到的有价值的全文内容链接:
Leadership vs Management: A Business Excellence / Performance Management view
https://www.ep.liu.se/ecp/026/076/ecp0726076.pdf

2. my reading-今天阅读到的有价值的内容段落摘录:
leaders should have some essential attributes such as vision, integrity, trust, selflessness, commitment, creative ability, toughness, communication ability, risk taking and visibility

Managers are the people to whom this management task is assigned, and it is generally thought
that they achieve the desired goals through the key functions of planning and budgeting,
organizing and staffing, problem solving and controlling. Leaders on the other hand set a direction, align people, motivate and inspire.

a leader has soul, the passion and the creativity while a manager has the mind, the rational and the persistence. A leader is flexible, innovative, inspiring,courageous and independent and at the same time a manager is consulting, analytical, deliberate,authoritative and stabilizing.

Total Quality Management is a philosophy based on a set of principles, as customer focus, continuous improvement, everyone’s involvement and management by fact.
Level 1: Highly Capable Individuals - Makes productive contributions through talent, knowledge, skills, and good work habits,
Level 2: Contributing Team Member-Contributes to the achievement of group objectives, works effectively with others in a group setting,
Level 3: Competent Manager - Organizes people and resources toward the effective and
efficient pursuit of predetermined objectives,
Level 4: Effective Leader - Catalyzes commitment to and vigorous pursuit of a clear and compelling vision; stimulates the group to high performance standards, and
Level 5: Level 5 Executive - Builds enduring greatness through a paradoxical combination of personal humility plus professional will

In new performance management system, management involvement and leadership commitment are a basic aspect behind the deployment of all their requests, but not with a clear and obvious way, as the frameworks mentioned before

Business Excellence Frameworks:
EFQM Excellence Model: Criteria-“Enablers” (people 9%, policy&strategy 9%, partnership&resources 8%, processes 14%) and “Results” (people results 9%, customer results 20%, community results 6%, key performance results 15%)
Balanced Scorecard Model: It demands that managers translate customer requests into specific measurements. To put this framework to work leaders should be aware of these four requirements and determine relevant goals
Performance Pyramid or “SMART” System Model: Leaders develop vision (first level of the
system) and they translate stakeholders’ needs into individual business and unit objectives. The
second level of the pyramid indicates that managers set short-term targets when leaders determine long term goals of growth and market position. Middle managers bridge the gap between top-level measures and day-to-day operational measures, as customer satisfaction, flexibility and productivity. Finally, first line managers measure on a daily basis indicators that effect performance, as quality, delivery, cycle time and waste.
Performance Prism Framework: It addresses the key business issues to which a wide variety of organizations, will be able to relate. It asks critical questions and encourages managers and leaders to think through the links between measures in a way that other frameworks do not intuitively suggest.

3. my reading-今天阅读的自我思考点评感想

The paper is nice for readers who is learning how to advance Leadership and Management skills and practice (such as me). It is important to distinguish the roles and functions between Leadership and Management as the first step. It is also valuable for me to learn how to evaluate the process and results integrating Leadership and Management skills in my daily work for designing my career development. Also after reading, I would write better on emphasizing “leadership” or “management” in my writings of personal or career essays, such as resume, statement of achievements, research statement, capability statement, etc.

–--------------------------------- Summary of my reading –--------------------------------------
4. 昨日阅读时间2小时
5.参与活动至今总阅读时间298小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 60 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 60   查看全部评分

使用道具

昨日阅读2小时,累计阅读111小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

limitno 发表于 2018-6-9 12:47:13 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
看了一上午连续剧,准备就这么悠闲的过完周末的时候,看到你的充实帖,又有了动力!
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 5 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 5   查看全部评分

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 19:14