myJGw 发表于 2018-7-8 23:22:12 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
2018-07-08

昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读328小时

1. 今天阅读到的有价值的全文内容链接:
Communication — Pitching Your Projects
https://www.pmi.org/learning/tra ... rojectified-podcast

2.今天阅读到的有价值的内容段落摘录:

OrenKlaff

Well,I think one thing that I see all the time is a group or a person will come in and pitch a project, and they'll be in the zone and they'llbe excited about it and passionate about it and they'll just hit allthe right marks, and the audience or the buyers or the stakeholdersare just in the right mood and it's just that perfect day, and theproject gets approved and it's on the way. Then, it's time to comeback in for report status update, wherever, and we forget how new theproject is and how shifting these environments in and how shiftingbudgets are, and we don't repitch it. So, then we give someone anupdate and then the tough questions come in, where are we? You knowit's all the analytical stuff. So, I view it, like when you go in topitch a project, and get it signed off on, and you're sort of alowering a dome, there was a show under the dome, you're lowering thedome over you and the stakeholders and the buyers and everybody, andthen you're building a world under that dome which has rules that youcreate, it's your project, and so then, when the project getsapproved and everybody's bought in and people love it, the dome risesand you go back into the greater world. When you come back in toreport on that project, to talk about what's been doing, what's goneright, what hasn't gone right, where the budget is, where we are onthe Gantt chart, you drop a line, what milestones we hit what wedidn't, it's best to drop that dome back over, to create thisenvironment, and that requires a lot of the same processes that youused to win the project in the same place. I'm not saying you have tocome in and win it all over again but I'm saying it is worthwhile tocome back in and create the excitement, the passion, the interest,the intrigue, the novelty, the colour that initially got this thingkicked off.

Projectsare about the future, especially in my business when you go out andyou're trying to raise money, you're telling people give us $10million and we'll make this version of the future happen, andsomebody's only going to give you $10 million, $20 million, $50million, whatever it is, if what you're saying feels very likely tohappen. So, how do you make the future feel likely to happen? Yougive very strong supports to the things that have to happen, so, forexample, if we're going to do a start up we have to get the websiteup, the traffic funnel has to start coming in, we have to get thecost of acquiring a customer down below a dollar, the customers haveto use the software or the service for more than a year in order tomake it, so, these are the assumptions about what we're creating. So,in order to tell somebody something's going to happen in the future,you have to boil it down to assumptions, and then you have to makethose assumptions feel very, very likely to happen. And so, whenyou're coming back in and reporting on a project that's been started,or trying to win a new project, it's all about boiling down to a fewmeasurable things that everybody can focus on, because nobody knowsthe future, it's a complete crystal ball, making those things feelvery likely to happen, and that's the job of selling the future.

Forsure. What happens is, people come in to sell, pitch, repitch,report, and it is too grandiosea scheme, it's too many details, and the focus is what are theassumptions that really will make the project work. Where are we onthose assumptions. Because people can argue with you on all kinds ofthings that don't matter, people are argumentative. So, the big thingis, when new stakeholders come in they want to show their socialworth to the project leader, which is all the time in finance, a newanalyst shows up and you're reporting on a project, and they go, whatabout this thing that they've caught in their mind, right, andthey're trying to show their project leader how smart they are bynoticing some trend line or some minor issue about your project,you could spend an entire meeting chasing these conversation threads,and I think that's a big take away for me, notevery questions deserves an answer, a full investigation, anexplanation or to take up part of a meeting,this is the number one place where people get tripped up, a questioncomes up that's a semi-legitimate question that's technical oranalytical in nature, but this meeting is an hour long, there's 35minutes left, to go down this wormhole will just chew up time and notactually accomplish anything.

Trust is something that, truthfully, when you're pitching a projectand you're in the early stages of it, you're trying toshortcut trust,and there's some ways to do that, because trust takes time to build,and what you're trying to do is bridgethe gap of we don't have enough time to build a human scalerelationship with trust in it,that requires cycles, and so what are the things that can replacetrust? Credibility is one for sure, social proof is another, but, forme, what I think is one of the strongesttools youcould have here is autonomy,right? When you're giving someone information, when you're askingthem to decide in your favour or believe your projection or believeyour results, or believe your version of the future, there's aprocess you want to go through, we can talk a little bit about it,that you want their buy in, you want to influence them to make adecision, you want them in go forward mode. The reason sales peoplecan feel cheesy, slimy, greasy, is because they never give youautonomy to decide on your own, they're leading you the whole way,and so we want to make strong arguments that are well supported withgood information in the right order, but we can't forget to giveautonomy, because if we had a year, you know, if you and I had ayear, two year, a five year relationship, if we went to collegetogether, and you had jumped in and helped me with my mid-term when Icouldn't make it happen, and then you were breaking up with yourgirlfriend and I stepped in and I talked to her and you guys got backtogether, and then we were drinking buddies, and then we got ourfirst jobs together and then, you know, we vacationed in theCaribbean and something happened, you know, we just build thisrelationship over years, then I could just say, Stephen, just trustme on this one, right, and we have that huge, huge rapport and trust,and you go, I don't like it, but I've known you for 15 years, you'rethe real deal, if you say it's good it's good, I'll go with it. Wedon't have that. So we have to replace it with something, and that isto make a good argument, well supported, and then get to the pointand say, look, I can't tell you what to do, I've laid out the case, Ibelieve in it, we think this is the best solution, but in terms ofwhat we what we just laid out how do you want to approach it.

So,trust is something that, truthfully, when you're pitching a projectand you're in the early stages of it, you're trying toshortcut trust,and there's some ways to do that, because trust takes time to build,and what you're trying to do is bridgethe gap of we don't have enough time to build a human scalerelationship with trust in it,that requires cycles, and so what are the things that can replacetrust? Credibility is one for sure, social proof is another, but, forme, what I think is one of the strongesttools youcould have here is autonomy,right? When you're giving someone information, when you're askingthem to decide in your favour or believe your projection or believeyour results, or believe your version of the future, there's aprocess you want to go through, we can talk a little bit about it,that you want their buy in, you want to influence them to make adecision, you want them in go forward mode. The reason sales peoplecan feel cheesy, slimy, greasy, is because they never give youautonomy to decide on your own, they're leading you the whole way,and so we want to make strong arguments that are well supported withgood information in the right order, but we can't forget to giveautonomy, because if we had a year, you know, if you and I had ayear, two year, a five year relationship, if we went to collegetogether, and you had jumped in and helped me with my mid-term when Icouldn't make it happen, and then you were breaking up with yourgirlfriend and I stepped in and I talked to her and you guys got backtogether, and then we were drinking buddies, and then we got ourfirst jobs together and then, you know, we vacationed in theCaribbean and something happened, you know, we just build thisrelationship over years, then I could just say, Stephen, just trustme on this one, right, and we have that huge, huge rapport and trust,and you go, I don't like it, but I've known you for 15 years, you'rethe real deal, if you say it's good it's good, I'll go with it. Wedon't have that. So we have to replace it with something, and that isto make a good argument, well supported, and then get to the pointand say, look, I can't tell you what to do, I've laid out the case, Ibelieve in it, we think this is the best solution, but in terms ofwhat we what we just laid out how do you want to approach it.

3.今天阅读的自我思考点评感想

(1)On updates of projects, or middle report of projects, remember: itis worth while to come back in and create the excitement, the passion,the interest, the intrigue, the novelty, the colour that initially got this thing kicked off.

(2)Pitch your project is all about selling the future.

(3)When new stakeholders come in they want to show their social worth tothe project leader.  But notice that not every questions deserves ananswer, a full investigation, an explanation or to take up part of ameeting.

(4) The objective of pitch –- shortcut trust. Trust takes time tobuild, and what you're trying to do is bridge the gap of we don'thave enough time to build a human scale relationship with trust init.  Strongest tools for it:  autonomy.

(5) information has no convincing power, real presentations areorganized on a narrative arc. Three classified presentations to bein-compelling :  One is the information dump. The second is thenothing burger, the all bun no meat. The third is, you've got theright information but it's in the wrong order.

(6)Successful narrative arc follows one basic formula, what is changingin the world dramatically.  90% of the human mind is dedicated to detecting change, and we're very responsive to fear, because this ishow we evolved today. One of the rules the neo-cortex has is, don't send me problems that I have solved before.

已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 70 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 70   查看全部评分

使用道具

昨日阅读3小时,累计97小时

结束了第二本书《人的7张面孔》戈特曼心理学作品,收获良多!
========================================================
与兄弟姐妹:保持和谐相处的法则

第一步:审视向兄弟姐妹提出的沟通邀请

请注意,真正令人满意的兄弟姐妹关系看起来像好朋友一样。

第二步:了解情绪指令系统在与兄弟姐妹关系中的重要性

所以建议大家承认现实,承认彼此间的不同,并清除掉由此带来的任何消极情绪。多多理解兄弟姐妹的感受,这样才可能有和谐美满的关系。

第三步:不要忽视情感历史对于兄弟姐妹关系的影响

情感历史在兄弟姐妹关系中影响巨大。这很容易理解,由于在同一个家庭中成长,兄弟姐妹会很自然地认为他们受到了相同的家庭影响,因此他们会有一样的家庭情绪观,遭受同样的持续伤害。
        苏珊·斯卡夫·梅里尔(Susan Scarf Merrell)在《意外建立的联系》(The Accidental Bond)

第四步:提高与兄弟姐妹进行情感沟通的能力

家庭成员间一般会通过复杂的非言语信号向对方表达感受。

第五步:与兄弟姐妹寻找共同意义

同事:提升工作满意度的法则

第一步:审视你向同事提出的沟通邀请

第二步:了解情绪指令系统对同事关系的影响

有一种很好的思维方式可以让我们从不同的视角审视办公室关系,那就是把办公室看成一个家庭。

不过这是否意味着办公室中只能有你死我活的竞争,而无法形成稳定持久的办公室友情呢?当然不是!很多人一生的朋友就是他们的同事。这不是不可能的,特别是如果你真的喜欢这份工作。
        这里的关键是相互信任,这需要双方不断提出沟通邀请,并积极回应对方的尝试,寻找机会亲近彼此。
        但有时这是一个长期的过程,特别是当工作环境中的个人野心遮蔽了真心的时候。弗洛伦丝·艾萨克斯(Florence Isaacs)在《假朋友,真朋友》(Toxic Friends, True Friends)一书中说道,在工作环境中交朋友要特别慎重。

为了保住自己的工作或者声誉,在确定对方可以信任之前,暂时不要吐露过多的自身弱点。有时,与同事之间保持距离也是迫不得已。

第三步:不要忽视情感历史对同事关系的影响

同所有的人际关系一样,我们和同事之间的关系也会受到情感历史的影响,包括你的家庭成员表达情感的方式、他们的情绪观以及由于过去的情感创伤所造成的持续伤害。

下面的事例可以帮助我们了解为什么要特别注意情感历史以及它们对我们现在生活的影响。

实践场

你的过去对于同事关系的影响

·你在表达每一种情感时的舒适程度对你与同事产生联系的能力有什么影响?

·当你在经历这种感受时,你是否能向同事解释清楚你的感受?

·你感觉同事能否理解你当时的感受?

·表达这些情感时,你是否有负罪感或者很不自然的感觉?

·在表达情感时,你的同事一般倾向于亲近你、远离你还是反对你?

现在想想你在听对方表达情感时的自身舒适程度,然后回答下面的问题。同样地,把每一种情感独立出来进行思考。

·你在倾听对方表达情感时,你的舒适程度将会对你与对方建立情感联系的能力产生什么影响?

·你能否在对方表达情感时产生共鸣?

·对方表达情感时,你是否会感觉尴尬、恐惧或者生气?

·对方表达情感时,你一般会亲近、远离还是反对对方?

·如何能够提高与同事分享感受的能力?在解决这类问题时,你倾向于参与小组讨论还是与某个同事或者上级单独讨论?

第四步:提高与同事进行情感沟通的能力

如果你能够敏锐地捕捉并积极回应同事所发出的情感沟通信号,那将给你带来巨大的回报。

管理学大师史蒂芬·柯维(Stephen Covey)曾写过一本《原则领导术》(Principle-Centered Leadership)。他在书中特别强调了人们对自己工作的认同感有多重要。

电影《单身公寓》(The Odd Couple)
        《培养高情商的孩子》,该书简体中文版由湛庐文化策划、浙江人民出版社出版。

这种关系就是我们对人际关系的最高期待。这样的关系并不会在危机时刻突然形成,它就存在于我们日常无数次看似无聊的交谈之中。
        人际关系的保持不必等到灾难来临后才能够实现。其实,我们可以从现在开始,从身边的小事做起,提出积极的沟通邀请,并积极回应别人提出的沟通邀请。

提出沟通邀请并积极回应对方沟通邀请的好处之一是它能够引起良性的连锁反应。不管你的努力显得多么微小,至少你是在朝着正确的方向前进。这就意味着不管你在何时何地,你总能恰当地改善自己的人际关系。我们应该成为“美好瞬间的收集者”,即使这些只是一些看似无关紧要的互动行为——一个羞涩的微笑,一个轻声的招呼,当然,也可能是比较正式的邀请。

要时刻注意观察、培养耐心并保持乐观。如果你能够抓住生活中每一个与沟通邀请有关的机会,回报会越来越明显,成效会越来越显著。这就像开车一样,刚开始学车的时候,你发现自己要记住那么多细节——限速、变道、后视镜等等。随着驾驶经验的丰富,你发现自己在不知不觉间就变成了一个技术娴熟的司机。

====================The End =================================================
MIT video continued!
昨日3h

累计97h

已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 40 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 40   查看全部评分

使用道具

素颜修行哦 发表于 2018-7-8 10:48
今天复习随机过程,预习金融数学内容。有空余时间的情况下,复习泛函分析和数学分析。
晚上又看了五小节随机过程课程视频,哈哈哈明天还要加油~
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 5 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 5   查看全部评分

使用道具

yuanjelen 发表于 2018-7-8 23:48:22 来自手机 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
充实每一天 发表于 2018-7-8 06:41
【加入充实计划】【了解充实计划】

|新充实挑战|    |公告【想成为牛人】|
昨日阅读2小时,累计阅读679小时。
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

Nowords2014 发表于 2018-7-9 06:49:48 来自手机 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
【加入充实计划】【了解充实计划】

|新充实挑战|    |公告【想成为牛人】|
20180709昨天阅读1小时,累计阅读14小时。

使用道具

Nowords2014 发表于 2018-7-9 06:50:16 来自手机 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
【加入充实计划】【了解充实计划】

|新充实挑战|    |公告【想成为牛人】|
20180709昨天阅读1小时,累计阅读14小时。

使用道具

Kerry012 学生认证  发表于 2018-7-9 10:56:05 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读时间3小时,累计阅读时间168小时

使用道具

RICHARDSXH 发表于 2018-7-9 18:49:24 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
学习  阅读 进步

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:11