01.大发雷霆
bite someone's head off
Hey, there's no need to bite my head off.
你不需要发这么大的火吧。
- I didn't do it. Why are you biting my head off ?我没做这件事。你为什么冲我发火?
02.
交叉手指祈祷好运
cross your fingers
I'll cross my fingers that you do well on the exam.
我交叉手指,希望你考试顺利。
I cross my fingers every time before performing in the concerts.
每次演奏之前,我都会交叉手指,期盼好运。
03.保证;发誓
cross my heart
Cross my heart, it really happened.
我保证它真的发生了。
I will never do it again, cross my heart.
我发誓绝对不会再这么做了。
04.被置若罔闻;变成耳旁风
fell on deaf ears
- She never takes my advice. It always falls on deaf ears.她对于我的建议总是置若罔闻,不予采纳。
- Don't bother telling him. It will just fall on deaf ears.不用跟他说了,他只会当成耳旁风。
05.紧张;胆怯
have cold feet
A: I'm not sure if should marry him.
A:我不确定我是否应该跟他结婚。
B: Oh, you just have cold feet. You two are perfect together.
B:你只是临时胆怯了。你们两个超配。
I have cold feet. I don't want to do it anymore.
我害怕了,我不想再做了。
have two left feet
- I'm not a good dancer. I have two left feet.我跳舞不行,因为我笨手笨脚的。
- He'll never be good at sports. He has two left feet.他笨手笨脚的,运动不可能好。
07.说错话
put your foot in your mouth
I really put my foot in my mouth with Eva. I had no idea she was divorced.
我对Eva说错话了。我不知道她离婚了。
You've really put your foot in your mouth now. He's the new manager.
你真的说错话了。他是新来的经理。
08.啤酒肚
beer belly
If you drink too much beer, you'll end up with a big beer belly.
如果你喝太多啤酒,你就会有啤酒肚。
How can I lose my beer belly ?
我怎样才能减掉啤酒肚?
giving the cold shoulder
Since she called him fat, he's been giving her the cold shoulder.
她说他胖,于是他冷落她。
Why does Sara always give me the cold shoulder ?
Sara为什么冷落我?
have a change of heart
John had a change of heart and decided to come to the party.
约翰改变主意决定去参加派对。
I've had a change of heart, of course you can come out with us tonight.
我改变主意了,你当然可以和我们一起出去。
11.洗耳恭听
I'm all ears
So what happened on your date. I'm all ears.
你的约会咋样啦?我洗耳恭听。
A: Did you hear about what happened to Emily.
A:你听说Emily的事了吗?
B: No, I'm all ears.
B:没有,我洗耳恭听。


雷达卡




京公网安备 11010802022788号







