我却总是做着不劳而获、一夜暴富的美梦。
谁也知道这些 daydream 多半是无稽之谈,但“想想”嘛,想又不犯罪,当然是怎么爽怎么来咯!
用英语来说,也就是 when pigs flys,等到🐖会飞了,咱们一个个的,也就圆梦了。
six of one and half a dozen of the other
- “Shall we give her chocolates or flowers?”“I don’t know, it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other.”“我们应该送她巧克力还是花呢?”“不知道,都差不多。”
- “Do you prefer doing audio or video?” “Oh, it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other.”“你更喜欢做音频还是视频呢?”“都差不多吧。”
02.
无稽之谈,绝不可能
When pigs fly/and pigs might fly
- Young lady, you will leave this house dressed like that when pigs fly!小姐,你要穿成这样离开这个家,简直就是无稽之谈。
- A: “One day, I will marry Wang Yibo.”B:“Yeah, and pigs might fly.”A:“总有一天,我会嫁给王一博。”B:“简直就是无稽之谈。”
03.年龄过大的求爱者或配偶,摇篮强盗
Cradle-robber A person whose sexual partner is much younger than they are.
She's such a cradle-robber. She always dates younger men.
她真是个摇篮抢劫者。她总是和年轻小伙约会。
- Your girlfriend is 20 years younger than you, don’t you feel like a cradle robber?你的女朋友比你小20岁,你不觉得你像个摇篮强盗吗?
04.事实如此
It is what it isUsed to say that a situation cannot be changed and must be accepted.
We’re all imperfect human beings in an imperfect world. It is what it is.
在一个不完美的世界里,我们都是不完美的人。事实如此。
Asked if he was disappointed, he said, “It is what it is. I’m a big believer that when one door closes another one opens.”
当被问及是否失望时,他说:“事实如此。我坚信当一扇门关闭时,另一扇门就会打开。”
05.泄露秘密
Let the cat out of the bagTo allow a secret to be known, usually without intent.
I was trying to keep the party a secret, but Mel went and let the cat out of the bag.
我想为聚会保密,但梅尔走了,泄露了秘密。
Max, let the cat out of the bag, and now everyone knows he loves to cook.
Max,泄露了秘密,现在所有人都知道他爱烹饪了。
06.达到目的的方法不止一种
There’s more than one way to skin a catThere are many ways to do something; to achieve a goal.
A: “The road is blocked.”
B: “Well, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. We can take the highway.”A:“路被堵住了。”
B:“不只有一条路。我们可以走高速公路。”
07.别激动,沉住气
Keep your shirt on
Keep your shirt on! Your car isn’t even scratched!
别激动!你的车没被刮到!
He didn't mean that, keep your shirt on.
他不是那个意思,别激动。