帖子
精华
在线时间
10125 小时
注册时间
2008-8-22
最后登录
2023-7-12

一级伯乐勋章 初级热心勋章 初级信用勋章 中级学术勋章 初级学术勋章 中级热心勋章 中级信用勋章 高级学术勋章 高级热心勋章 高级信用勋章 特级热心勋章 特级学术勋章 特级信用勋章

楼主
eros_zz 学生认证  发表于 2011-5-30 08:05:11 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群|倒序 |AI写论文
相似文件 换一批

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
不知不觉,Follow Me 已经来到第二十期了。还记得第一期大约有两百多位坛友参与,最近几期大致只剩四十位左右。
坚持这个词喊起口号来很容易,但实践起来就是那么难。成功与不成功之间往往就是被这道坎所隔开,往往就是每次的一念之差。坚持or算了吧

从一开始就和大家说过,Follow Me这个活动是为大家创造一个平台,一个好的学习氛围,甚至是一个去努力的借口。大家时刻记住你所做的一切只是为了自己。

对于我个人而言,能鼓励你们不去浪费时间,养成好的学习习惯,看着大家一起进步成长当然是非常欣慰的。

Follow Me经过20期的试运行,已经拥有了一小批忠实的参与者,其中不乏每期参与并次次发表质量非常高的个人观点和评论。这些坛友大家都看得见,必须向他们学习。

以下就来说说升级后的Follow Me的具体形式。

1.从6月1日开始,为了加强坛友的参与度,每天选出一位 the Best 跟帖(并非一定要评论和观点,比如对于文章看起来还比较吃力的坛友来说,就可以整理文章中的难词难句,做分析或者翻译等等形式,只要能表现你很在很用心的参与)奖励60论坛币,并获得第二天Follow Me的选文章权。该获奖坛友需在第二天10点之前在真实世界的经济学版发布所选文章并标出关键词句。发布后另奖励40论坛币。(10点之前未发布,我将发布备用文章,并且扣除之前获奖坛友40论坛币

2.如果大家认可支持,该获奖坛友的选文,觉得所选的文章很好。就为该文章评分,评分次数将与Follow Me的每月文摘有关。(具体下一条叙述)

3.每月选出获得评分次数最多的15篇文章,将选入Follow Me月刊(电子书)

4.坛友在月末需整理出,自己每天阅读笔记。月末将举行Fruits的最佳笔记的评选,第一名将刊登在每月文章之中,作为每篇文章的阅读指导和参考。

5.月刊将在每月第一周发布。

这所做的一切其实也只是激励大家学习的一种形式,做得再好再出色说到底也只是想激发你内心那颗充满斗志的心,you know what I mean.
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:follow LOW 真实世界的经济学 Fruits 大家一起进步 英语 升级 followme 真经版

已有 8 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
gingbrian + 1 + 1 + 1 积极鼓励交流与讨论 + Striving for a bett.
粄1394 + 1 虽然最近没来顶贴,还是加油啦
Sunknownay + 20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 好的意见建议
fangzhao + 5 支持!我也要积极参与活动!不能光看不留言。呵呵
星野 + 3 对于Follow Me来说,是一次质的提升,很不错
数风代韵 + 100 绝对的对论坛有贡献
arthistory4 + 5 + 5 对论坛有贡献
EmmaUK + 1 + 1 + 1 好想法!大力支持!!

总评分: 经验 + 120  论坛币 + 10  学术水平 + 9  热心指数 + 18  信用等级 + 4   查看全部评分

沙发
eros_zz 学生认证  发表于 2011-5-30 08:05:25 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

20110530 Follow Me 20

Carter: Stagnation Explained, at 30,000 Feet

The man in the aisle seat is trying to tell me why he refuses to hire anybody. His business is successful, he says, as the 737 cruises smoothly eastward. Demand for his product is up. But he still won’t hire.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t know how much it will cost,” he explains. “How can I hire new workers today, when I don’t know how much they will cost me tomorrow?”

He’s referring not to wages, but to regulation: He has no way of telling what new rules will go into effect when. His business, although it covers several states, operates on low margins. He can’t afford to take the chance of losing what little profit there is to the next round of regulatory changes. And so he’s hiring nobody until he has some certainty about cost.

It’s a little odd to be having this conversation as the news media keep insisting that private employment is picking up. But as economists have pointed out to all who will listen, the only real change is that the rate of layoffs has slowed. Fewer than one of six small businesses added jobs last year, and not many more expect to do so this year. The private sector is creating no more new jobs than it was a year ago; the man in the aisle seat is trying to tell me why.

He is trim and white-haired and bursting with energy. He’s proud of the business he has built: not large by the way things are measured these days, but certainly successful. He shows me sales figures, award citations, stories from trade magazines. I congratulate him, then turn to the window and enjoy the view for a bit. We are flying over the Midwest, away from the setting sun and toward the darkness. America stretches beneath us in every direction, flat and broad and beautiful. My seat-mate has just discovered that I am a law professor: That is the reason for his discourse.

Party Doesn’t Matter “I don’t understand why Washington does this to us," he resumes. By "us," he means people who run businesses of less- than-Fortune-500 size. He tells me that it doesn’t much matter which party is in office. Every change of power means a whole new set of rules to which he and those like him must respond. ‘‘I don’t understand,” he continues, “why Washington won’t just get out of our way and let us hire.”

There are a lot of responses I could offer at this point. But I am interested now; I prefer to let him talk.
It isn’t just hiring that is too unpredictable, he says. He feels the same way about investing. He has never liked stock markets; he prefers to put cash directly into businesses he likes in return for a small stake, acting, in short, as a small- time venture capitalist.

“Can’t do that now,” he says. For people like him -- people who aren’t filthy rich -- it has become too hard to pick winners. But he doesn’t blame the great information advantages enjoyed by insiders. He blames Washington, once more, for creating a climate of uncertainty.
Why Not Sell?

Growing bold -- or maybe rude -- I ask why, if the climate is so terrible, he doesn’t just sell his company. This brings a smile.

“I think about retirement a lot,” he says. “But I can’t.” I wait to hear about how much he loves the business he founded, or about his responsibilities to his employees, or perhaps to the town, somewhere in the Dakotas, where his factory is located. Instead, he tells me that it’s impossible to make a sensible decision about winding down his firm when he doesn’t even know from one year to the next what the capital gains rate is going to be.

I argue a bit. Surely government isn’t all bad. It protects property, the environment, civil rights . . .

No `Installed Base' My seat-mate seems to think that I’m missing the point. He’s not anti-government. He’s not anti-regulation. He just needs to know as he makes his plans that the rules aren’t going to change radically. Big businesses don’t face the same problem, he says. They have lots of customers to spread costs over. They have “installed base.”

For medium-sized firms like his, however, there is little wiggle room to absorb the costs of regulatory change. Because he possesses neither lobbyists nor clout, he says, Washington doesn’t care whether he hires more workers or closes up shop.

We will be landing shortly in Minneapolis. I ask him what, precisely, he thinks is the proper role of government as it relates to business.
`Invisible' “Invisible,” he says. “I know there are things the government has to do. But they need to find a way to do them without people like me having to bump into a new regulation every time we turn a corner.” He reflects for a moment, then finds the analogy he seeks. “Government should act like my assistant, not my boss.”

We are at the gate. We exchange business cards.

On the way to my connection, I ponder. As an academic with an interest in policy, I tend to see businesses as abstractions, fitting into a theory or a data set. Most policy makers do the same. We rarely encounter the simple human face of the less- than-giant businesses we constantly extol. And when they refuse to hire, we would often rather go on television and call them greedy than sit and talk to them about their challenges.

Recessions have complex causes, but, as the man on the aisle reminded me, we do nothing to make things better when the companies on which we rely see Washington as adversary rather than partner.

使用道具

藤椅
cinbasky 发表于 2011-5-30 08:20:45 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
楼主加油!follow you!

使用道具

板凳
annasue 发表于 2011-5-30 08:20:57 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
其实每天都有看哦,很感谢楼主的辛劳,就是没有跟帖,作为坛友我感觉我不喜欢跟帖的习惯很不好,在此自省~

使用道具

报纸
linting 发表于 2011-5-30 08:45:34 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
我也是基本上都有看,只是后来就不怎么跟帖啦,楼主继续啊

使用道具

地板
旅途8694 发表于 2011-5-30 08:46:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Government need to creat a steady policy enviroment for development of business. This sentence in the article--Government should act like my assistant, not my boss--visualizes the role that businessors want the government to be.

仔细地看了版主的帖子,非常支持提出的升级的具体形式。也期待着可以出现更好更棒的方式。
只要相信自己所走的路,大步向前走就好,然后就那样成为一个能让别人带着笑容守望着的人。

使用道具

scarlett0530 发表于 2011-5-30 08:51:47 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
每天看,抱歉总是忘了登记。。。。加油!

使用道具

duoge 发表于 2011-5-30 08:53:33 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
好 顶一下啊

使用道具

代号白头翁 发表于 2011-5-30 08:54:29 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
We are at the gate.

使用道具

音云 发表于 2011-5-30 08:56:03 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢楼主的好意,我承认没有及时看。以后会改正。谢谢
风过疏竹; 雁渡寒潭; 故君子事来而心始现,事去而心随空。

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 13:53