应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
My Question is  how to use HLM in a daily diary study to answer the research question.

The study design is as follows:

14 days of measurement to capture within-person variability in mood, impulsive behaviors, etc (1 measure per day)

2 cortisol samples are taken each day, at waking and then 30 min later(2 measures per day - actually there are 4 since each sample is split and analysed separately for reliability. I use these as split scales so I can model the linear change in cort from waking to 30 min later. this parameter is of particular interest to the PI on the study and is the one I'm having trouble with). My baseline Level 1 model is

Cortij = B0j + B1jTime + B2jcDay7 + rij

(The B2 term is just to control for any potential linear effect of days per Bolger and Laurenceau-  I account for it but it's non-significant)

The research questions relate to how within-person fluctuations in mood/impulsive behaviors predict BOTH waking cort level and the slope from waking to 30 min later (Time coded 0 1). As an example: "When a person drinks more than their personal average, is there an associated increase in waking cortisol, or a steeper increase in cortisol from waking to 30 post waking?"

I thought putting in the person-centered predictor (in this example drinks), and then an interaction of the person centered drinks variable with time at Level 1, might give me my answers, but a colleague has indicated this is not correct. Any modeling suggestions to answer the above design question are most appreciated.

Thank you,
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:question Modeling Quest study DIARY software research actually familiar measures

已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
tigerwolf + 1 有待验证

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

沙发
bfzldh 学生认证  发表于 2015-10-27 10:00:18 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I know nothing about cortisol, and I think that it is the base for your modeling that there is a relationship between time and the level of cortisol.In the second place, the arrangement of your variables seems to be reasonable, however, the way you center the predictors seems to be suspectable. In general, grand-mean centering is used.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 18:04