应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
I have a problem that is confounding me.  I conducted two surveys that collected data about individual perceptions (dependent variable) and about project team level actions (independent variable) in a straightforward two-level design.  I also had some individual level and team level control variable.

The survey for the team level data was designed in such a way that the mean score for all the survey questions for each team was a measurement of the overall construct, but there were subsections of the survey that measured each of four subsets within the construct for each team.  In effect, I had five independent variables – one for the overall mean and one for each subset for each team.

This caused me to analyze the data in what may be considered a non-standard way.  I used HLM 7.0.  Using the overall score I found a significant relationship.  This result was, in my mind, the equivalent of the final result of a step-up approach as if I was adding all of the four subset IVs to the equation in combination.  To delve deeper to understand the relationship between each of the four subset independent variables and the dependent variable, I examined each of the four separately with the dependent variable (not in combination).  I found significance for each one.

But if I build it in reverse, that is, if I sequentially add each of the four to the equation in combination, I get significance with the first independent variable, then each time I add one there is no significance for any of them.  This doesn't seem to make sense since the overall score was significant.

Thanks for any help.
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Different DIFFER Result RESUL Does individual collected conducted designed control

沙发
tigerwolf 发表于 2014-1-5 15:02:12 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Of course a different method leads to a different result.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:30