楼主: slimdell
7872 5

[咨询行业分析报告] Gartner的商业智能平台魔力象限Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms [推广有奖]

• 0关注
  • 18粉丝

副教授

76%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

TA的文库  其他...

移动医疗

大数据与可视化

医药行业分析

威望
论坛币
19048 个
通用积分
学术水平
47 点
热心指数
58 点
信用等级
42 点
经验
7016 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
1266 小时
注册时间
2012-8-10
最后登录
2021-4-25

相似文件 换一批

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
Gartner 的魔力象限(Magic Quadrant)报告,历年关于商业智能平台Business Intelligence Platforms的

2006 2006_magic_quadrant_for_BI_business__136660.pdf (180.6 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2007(缺)
2008 2008-magic-quadrant-report_BI.pdf (192.59 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2009 2009-magic-quadrant-report_BI.pdf (205.89 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2010(缺)
2011 2011_magic_quadrant_for_BI_business__210036.pdf (264.87 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2012 2012_Gartner-Magic-Quadrant-for-BI-Platforms-2012.pdf (359.49 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2013 2013_gartner_magic_qaudrant_for_bi_and_analytics.pdf (285 KB, 需要: 2 个论坛币)
2014 2014_Magic-Quadrant-for-Business-Intelligence-and-Analytics-Platforms.pdf (1.71 MB, 需要: 5 个论坛币)

http://wiki.mbalib.com/wiki/%E9%AD%94%E5%8A%9B%E8%B1%A1%E9%99%90

魔力象限(Magic Quadrant)

什么是魔力象限

魔力象限是在某一特定时间内的对市场情况进行的图形化描述。

魔力象限(Magic Quadrant)由Gartner公司于2006年9月25日取得“魔力象限”注册版权,并可以在获得许可的情况下重复使用。它根据Gartner公司的定义,它描述了Gartner公司依据标准对该市场内的厂商所进行的分析。Gartner公司并不对在魔力象限中描述的任何厂商、产品或服务出具官方认可,也不建议技术用户只选择那些位于“领导者”象限里的厂商。魔力象限仅用作一种研究工具,并不意味着是行动的具体指导。Gartner公司对该项研究不承担任何明示或默示的担保,包括适销性或适用于某一特定用途的任何担保。

魔力象限的四个象限

魔力象限的四个象限依次分别为领导者、挑战者、有远见者和特定领域者(Niche Players)。Gartner 公司表示,所谓领导者,其提供的产品应包含额外的功能,且能提高市场对这些功能的重要性的认识,从而显示出对市场的影响能力。Gartner 希望一个领导者能够不断提高其市场份额、甚至占领整个市场,并且它所提供的解决方案能够引起越来越多企业的共鸣。广域网优化控制器(WOC)市场的领导者必须提供一套完整的功能,包括服务质量QoS)、通用压缩、协议加速和文件系统加速,且其中大多数功能是经过大量实施的验证。所谓领导者还必须有能力在全球范围内开展销售并提供支持。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Intelligence Quadrant Business Platform GARTNER Gartner

本帖被以下文库推荐

知乎专栏/微信公号同名:煮酒烹茶读书
沙发
铸剑锋雪 发表于 2014-3-9 19:50:37 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
收到。

使用道具

藤椅
slimdell 发表于 2014-3-10 11:05:04 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
某DV博客对此报告的评论
http://apandre.wordpress.com/2014/02/

February 23, 2014

State of DV, Visual Analytics and BI PlatformsPosted by Andrei Pandre under Analytics, Comparison, Popular
1 Comment

For last 6 years every and each February my inbox was bombarded by messages from colleagues, friends and visitors to this blog, containing references, quotes and PDFs to Gartner’s Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics Platforms, latest can be found here: http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1QLGACN&ct=140210&st=sb .Last year I was able to ignore these noises (funny enough I was busy by migrating thousands of users from Business Objects and Microstrategy to Tableau-based Visual Reports for very large company), but in February 2014 I got so many questions about it, that I am basically forced to share my opinion about it.

• [size=1em]1st of all, as I said on this blog many times that BI is dead and it replaced by Data Visualization and Visual Analytics. That was finally acknowledged by Gartner itself, by placing Tableau, QLIK and Spotfire in “Leaders Quarter” of MQ for 2nd year in a row.
  • [size=1em]2ndly last 6 MQs (2009-2014) are suspicious for me because in all of them Gartner (with complete disregard of reality) placed all 6 “Misleading” vendors (IBM, SAP, Oracle, SAS, Microstrategy and Microsoft)[size=1em] of wasteful BI platforms in Leaders Quarter! Those 6 vendors convinced customers to buy (over period of last 6 years) their BI software for over $60B plus much more than that was spent on maintenance, support, development, consulting, upgrades and other IT expenses.
There is nothing magic about these MQs: they are results of Gartner’s 2-dimensional understanding of BI, Analytics and Data Visualization (DV) Platforms, features and usage. 1st Measure (X axis) according to Gartner is the “Completeness of Vision” and 2nd Measure (Y axis) is the “Ability to Execute”, which allows to distribute DV and BI Vendors among 4 “Quarters”: RightTop – “Leaders”, LeftTop -”Challengers”, RightBottom – “Visionaires” and LeftBottom – “Niche Players” (or you can say LeftOvers).

I decided to compare my opinions (expressed on this blog many times) vs. Gartner’s (they wrote 78 pages about it!) by taking TOP 3 Leaders from Gartner, than taking 3 TOP Visionaries from Gartner (Projecting on Axis X all Vendors except TOP 3 Leaders) than taking 3 TOP Challengers from Gartner (Projecting on Axis Y all Vendors except TOP 3 Leaders and TOP 3 Visionaries ) than TOP 3 “Niche Players” from the Rest of Gartner’s List (above) and taking “similar” choices by myself (my list is wider then Gartner’s, because Gartner missed important to me DV Vendors like Visokio and vendors like Datawatch and Advizor Solutions are not included into MQ in order to please Gartner’s favorites), see the comparison of opinions below:If you noticed, in order to be able to compare my opinion, I had to use Gartner’s terms like Leader, Challenger etc., which is not exactly how I see it. Basically my opinion overlapping with Gartner’s only in 25% of cases in 2014, which is slightly higher then in previous years – I guess success of Tableau and QLIK is a reason for that.BI Market in 2013 reached $14B and at least $1B of it spent on Data Visualization tools. Here is the short Summary of the state of each Vendor, mentioned above in “DV Blog” column:
  • Tableau: $232M in Sales, $6B MarketCap, YoY 82% (fastest in DV market), Leader in DV Mindshare, declared goal is “Data to the People” and the ease of use.
  • QLIK: $470M in Sales, $2.5B MarketCap, Leader in DV Marketshare, attempts to improve BI, but will remove Qlikview Desktop from Qlik.Next.
  • Spotfire: sales under $200M, has the most mature Platform for Visual Analytics, the best DV Cloud Services. Spotfire is limited by corporate Parent (TIBCO).
  • Visokio: private DV Vendor with limited marketing and sales but has one of the richest and mature DV functionality.
  • SAS: has the most advanced Analytics functionality (not easy to learn and use), targets Data Scientists and Power Users who can afford it instead of free R.
  • Revolution Analytics: as the provider of commercial version and commercial support of R library is a “cheap” alternative to SAS.
  • Microsoft: has the most advanced BI and DV technological stack for software developers but has no real DV Product and has no plan to have it in the future.
  • Datawatch: $33M in sales, $281M MarketCap, has mature DV, BI and real-time visualization functionality, experienced management and sales force.
  • Microstrategy: $576M in sales, 1.4B MarketCap; BI veteran with complete BI functionality; recently realized that BI Market is not growing and made the desperate attempt to get into DV market.
  • Panorama: BI Veteran with excellent easy to use front-end to Microsoft BI stack, has good DV functionality, social and collaborative BI features.
  • Advizor Solutions: private DV Veteran with almost complete set of DV features and ability to do Predictive Analytics interactively, visually and without coding.
  • RapidMiner: Commercial Provider of open-source-based and easy to use Advanced Analytical Platform, integrated with R.
Similar MQ for “Advanced Analytics Platforms” can be found here: http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1QXWEQQ&ct=140219&st=sg - have fun:

In addition to differences mentioned in table above, I need to say that I do not see that Big Data is defined well enough to be mentioned 30 times in review of “BI and Analytical Platforms” and I do not see that Vendors mentioned by Gartner are ready for that, but may be it is a topic for different blogpost…Update:

知乎专栏/微信公号同名:煮酒烹茶读书

使用道具

板凳
allenevens 发表于 2014-3-27 16:23:16 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
mark~ 好贴收藏了~

使用道具

报纸
crsn 发表于 2015-2-3 23:56:27 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
请问楼主使用什么BI产品呢?

使用道具

地板
slimdell 发表于 2015-2-4 14:22:08 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
crsn 发表于 2015-2-3 23:56
请问楼主使用什么BI产品呢?
主要用tibco的spotfire

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-6-25 10:43