帖子
精华
在线时间
17173 小时
注册时间
2012-11-2
最后登录
2024-5-4

一级伯乐勋章 初级热心勋章 初级学术勋章 初级信用勋章 中级学术勋章 中级热心勋章 中级信用勋章 高级学术勋章 高级热心勋章 高级信用勋章 特级热心勋章 特级学术勋章 特级信用勋章

楼主
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 09:52:33 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群|倒序 |AI写论文

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Q:What's it like to have a 150 IQ? Is life easier?

What are the advantages you feel you have over others? Are there any disadvantages?

Answered by Michael Johnson

I've repeatedly tested at 162 and I am a complete dumbass. Life is hard. I may get things easier than others, but I don't seem to have the attention span to implement them. I feel like my processor is overclocked but my memory speed doesn't match my bus.

Answered by Leon Matthias

When I was thirteen I scored 161 on the Cattell B test at a session administered by British Mensa.

Since then I have not gotten into Oxford University, not gotten into Cambridge University, achieved an Upper Second class degree, and failed seven out of fifteen exams whilst studying to be a chartered accountant.

It's not about IQ; it's about how hard you work and what you make of the opportunities you are given.

Answered by CamMi Pham

Two years ago I had a chance to have a chat with this charming 30 something young man. He told me he is one of the people who have the highest IQ in Toronto. I cannot recall exactly the number, but it was over 160.

He also told me his brother is also very smart. The brother is in the top 5 in Toronto.

Guess what these two men were doing at that point.

The brother was working in a convenience store at a gas station. My friend was doing an entry level job. He told me he can learn anything within a few days. However, he gets bored easily and cannot figure out what he wants to do in life.

Is being too smart a blessing or a curse?

Being smart doesn't make your life easier. Intelligence is like a tool. It all depends on how you use it.

Answered by Kerry Watson

I was once married to a man with an IQ of 170. After we broke up he was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and ADD. Life is in no way easier; in many ways it is far more difficult. Nobody seems logical; everything and everyone is a shade of gray, nothing is black and white. Even easy decisions get mired in possibilities. Sure, work is super-easy, but it's also boring and hard to find real challenges, and one gets mired in the politics that are illogical and emotional and downright stupid. His difficulty in life was trying to reduce everything to a model. Of course the world cannot be reduced to a model. In a discussion, he would try to define the criteria by which to judge the discussion (the model), then he would "win" because he had defined them. Most people didn't catch on to this. And nobody gets issued common sense to go with a high IQ. The two might even be inversely correlated.

EDIT: I have an IQ of 140, and since IQ can vary by 20 points so I'll tell you about me. Obviously I still take things too literally. Intelligence does not give you insight into yourself. My mother did not believe in revealing my IQ because she thought it would  "go to my head" so I didn't know I was intelligent until I was an adult.  I started school at age 4 and 6 weeks, yet my friends were always several years ahead of me. From this I developed a self-image of being short and immature, even though today I am neither. In sixth grade I tried to read every adult book in the local public library, about one per day. I tested for the Air Force in the top 2% for linguistic ability and became a linguist.

I can do pretty much anything I put my mind to, so at times I took on far more than any one human being should do. I worked full time, and went to college, and raised a daughter, and built a house with my hands all at the same time. I have skydived, finished the San Francisco marathon, raced cars at famous road tracks and was even a track instructor for car clubs for several years. I scuba dive, ride a motorcycle and ride horses. I have a lot of kinesthetic intelligence as well as linguistic.

Work-wise I have mostly worked with lawyers and techies because I like being around smart people.  I earned an MBA and owned my own business for much of my life. I worked myself nearly to death because I loved the rewards, I worked for a few wonderful companies that were meritocracies and I was like a rat hitting the bar for a pellet.

I am easily able to translate technical subjects into plain language and have been a technical writer for the last ten years. In 2003 I wrote the first book on osCommerce, an open source e-commerce program, and have continued to write books on various open source e-commerce programs because it is easy and rewarding for me.

提示:如果您的英语阅读能力有限,可以下载一个lingoes(灵格斯)软件,开启划词翻译,遇到不会的单词翻译一下,很方便。英语学习,贵在坚持。

也鼓励大家把Quora精选文章翻译出来,我会给予适当奖励。Follow Us欢迎每一位热心于英语的经管人~

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:easier Quora Have like Life easier

已有 4 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
绵阳 + 100 + 3 精彩帖子
fin-qq + 80 + 3 + 4 + 4 精彩帖子
fantuanxiaot + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
Nicolle + 100 + 5 + 5 精彩帖子

总评分: 经验 + 295  学术水平 + 9  热心指数 + 13  信用等级 + 5   查看全部评分

沙发
回眸明天 发表于 2015-3-31 10:08:17 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
哈哈,把灵格斯打开了,读到后面发现客初 也推荐用灵格斯啊,还是挺好用的!!
最喜欢里面的两句话!

一句是关于态度的!

Being smart doesn't make your life easier. Intelligence is like a tool. It all depends on how you use it.
另一句就是诙谐幽默的,也就是这句让我不得不用灵格斯了,因为感觉这句话应该很好玩,可是自己翻译了几遍都没翻好啊,虽然每个单词放那都认识。

I feel like my processor is overclocked but my memory speed doesn't match my bus.

客初能坚持发,我就能坚持看哈!! 加油!!

使用道具

藤椅
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 10:28:48 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
回眸明天 发表于 2015-3-31 10:08
哈哈,把灵格斯打开了,读到后面发现客初 也推荐用灵格斯啊,还是挺好用的!!
最喜欢里面的两句话!
好的呀,我一定坚持更新
其实我的英语不是很好,但不能忍受这个版面荒废着,也想找个理由督促自己学习。
希望能有更多人参与进来

使用道具

板凳
kychan 学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 10:44:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
之前 我有时也用词霸即时翻译
换上 win8 就好久没有用了

使用道具

报纸
fangwu10086 发表于 2015-3-31 10:44:04 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Sounds good.

使用道具

地板
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 10:48:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
kychan 发表于 2015-3-31 10:44
之前 我有时也用词霸即时翻译
换上 win8 就好久没有用了
kychan你的英语棒棒的,有时间来参与Follow Us版面吧,这是经管人的英语角

使用道具

fin-qq 发表于 2015-3-31 11:09:57 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
After I read those discussed, I think the level of IQ has not directly relationship with our life. A good people whom with normal IQ will live well because he always can get help upon he needs. So, if you wish your life easier, you should have a high EQ more than your IQ.  

使用道具

fin-qq 发表于 2015-3-31 11:12:32 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
客初 发表于 2015-3-31 10:28
好的呀,我一定坚持更新
其实我的英语不是很好,但不能忍受这个版面荒废着,也想找个理由督促自己学习。 ...
刚听你的介绍下载了那只绿色小鸟, 但是它不会发音, 我不太会用, 怎么让它发音呢?

使用道具

客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 11:41:26 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
fin-qq 发表于 2015-3-31 11:12
刚听你的介绍下载了那只绿色小鸟, 但是它不会发音, 我不太会用, 怎么让它发音呢?
我用它主要是划词翻译,如果要发音,还得下载语音引擎。
你去搜索一个词,在词的上方会有一个语音图标,点击进去看一下设置说明。

使用道具

客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-3-31 11:58:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
fin-qq 发表于 2015-3-31 11:09
After I read those discussed, I think the level of IQ has not directly relationship with our life. A ...
High IQ can creates better life opportunities,such as income and housing.But I agree that EQ is more important for our everyday life.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 17:17