帖子
精华
在线时间
17172 小时
注册时间
2012-11-2
最后登录
2024-4-30

一级伯乐勋章 初级热心勋章 初级学术勋章 初级信用勋章 中级学术勋章 中级热心勋章 中级信用勋章 高级学术勋章 高级热心勋章 高级信用勋章 特级热心勋章 特级学术勋章 特级信用勋章

楼主
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-4-8 15:32:25 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群|倒序 |AI写论文

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Q:What is the point of living an unexceptional life?
If it seems unlikely that any of your dreams will come true, what reason is there to muddle on? Why pay bills, go to work, keep house, obey the law, and go to all the trouble of being a stable adult if the rewards you desire seem unreachable? Some people live for the idea of kids but what sense does it make to bring a child into a world that has disillusioned one to the point where one is jaded and cynical? Isn't it a bit like going grocery shopping, paying for the items in your cart, lugging them all inside and then leaving them to rot on the counter week after week?

Answered by Eivind Kjørstad

I live an entirely unexceptional life. Listen.

I'm a pretty average-looking 39 year old guy. I've got a decent education, but nothing out of the ordinary. I've got a decent job that I enjoy doing, but it's nothing earth-shaking. I'm married to a woman who means the world to me, but who has not thus far won either the Nobel Prize or Miss Universe, nor is she, I reckon, likely to ever do either.

I've got 3 kids. They're healthy and happy children who do fairly decently in school and have several hobbies they love. They mean the world to me too, but thus far none of them have won the Nobel Prize either, nor do I have any particular reason to believe that they will.

I've got perhaps a dozen friends that I love, and a larger count of acquaintances of varying closeness. I live in a perfectly ordinary Norwegian house, and drive a 12 year old Toyota that hasn't been washed this month.

None of this is exceptional to anyone except for me.

To me; this is my life; and I happen to enjoy it very much. Actually that is an understatement; if you'd told me a couple decades ago that I'd be as happy as I am, I'd have refused point-blank to believe you.

From MY perspective, I've got everything anyone could possible want. Health. Hobbies. Friends. and Love.

I'm not exceptional in any of these things; but why would I need to be ?

The rewards I desire don't seem unreachable to me. On the contrary, I feel like being alive right now, just like this, it is reward enough. What more could I need ?

I'm going to turn off the computer now, then I'm going to find a bottle of wine for when my wife returns later; and spend the 45 minutes until then playing the guitar. I do this because it's fun, because it's challenging, because I love learning and I love music, and because I can.

That's my life. It's not an exceptional one.

But my biggest regret is that I'm unlikely to get much more than 50 additional years of it. I intend to do my very best to enjoy every single day of it though.

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Exceptional exception except Living Quora living

已有 2 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
fin-qq + 2 + 3 + 3 精彩帖子
fantuanxiaot + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子

总评分: 经验 + 10  学术水平 + 3  热心指数 + 4  信用等级 + 4   查看全部评分

沙发
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-4-8 15:55:24 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
A warm answer.This kind of unexceptional life sounds great.
已有 1 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
fantuanxiaot + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子

总评分: 经验 + 10  学术水平 + 1  热心指数 + 1  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

藤椅
回眸明天 发表于 2015-4-8 16:07:37 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Miss Universe 我学到了这个........ 不愧学了那么多年的书, 总拿诺贝尔奖 说事!

使用道具

板凳
kychan 学生认证  发表于 2015-4-8 16:44:22 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
什么是生活中 - 平常生活的意义呢? 有启发

使用道具

报纸
chenyi112982 发表于 2015-4-8 22:21:40 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
呵呵,很“鸡汤”的感觉

使用道具

地板
客初 企业认证  学生认证  发表于 2015-4-8 22:26:45 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
chenyi112982 发表于 2015-4-8 22:21
呵呵,很“鸡汤”的感觉
哈哈  Quora上回复和支持量较高的普遍是鸡汤文,以后尽量找经管领域的

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 09:11