求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Some Guy
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:53 am Post subject: What Does China's Rise Mean To America?

I have been doing a lot of reading lately about China, and what their rise exactly means to America. If China continues to grow at the speed they are they will over power the United States before the end of this century. Although I do believe that China will over power the United States some time in the foreseeable future, I do not think things will continue to grow the same way they are. China has had a good few years, but you can't seriously think China is going to have 10% GDP annual growth rates every year for such a long period of time. Well anyway that is besides the point the topic of this thread is what China's rise means to America.

Although China is going to over power the United States, and make many Americans lose their job, I think we should take the following into account.

China is the world’s second largest economy in real terms and a vast and growing market for U.S. products and services.

-- While global growth slowed to under 2 percent over the last three years, China’s economy expanded by more than 8 percent.

-- The rising incomes of China’s nearly 1.3 billion consumers have fueled strong demand for U.S. farm products, manufactured goods and technical services.

• Between 2000 and 2003, U.S. exports to China grew 76 percent, while sales to the rest of the world declined by 9 percent.

-- China is now the sixth largest market for U.S. exports and America’s third largest trading partner overall – surpassing Japan in 2003.

Benefiting American Exporters

• Growing U.S. sales to China are benefiting American companies, farmers and workers.

• In 2003, the United States exported nearly $5 billion in agricultural goods to China – an increase of more than 140 percent over 2002.

-- Soybean sales hit an all time high of nearly $2.9 billion, and cotton exports reached a record of nearly $740 million.

-- Strong sales of these and other products contributed to a $3.7 billion U.S. agricultural trade surplus with China.

• China is among the fastest growing major overseas markets for U.S. manufactured goods.

-- U.S. exports of computers, electrical equipment and other electronic products to China increased by 20 percent between 2002 and 2003, topping $7 billion.

-- Chemicals exports grew 24 percent to $3.7 billion over the same period.

• Strong U.S. exports of transportation and education services contributed to a $2 billion U.S. services trade surplus with China in 2002.

• The United States is working to increase U.S. exports and further open China's market to American goods and services by ensuring that China implements its WTO commitments faithfully and promptly.

• Through a variety of mechanisms, including WTO action, the United States is pressing China to ensure that U.S. firms are not subject to discriminatory taxation, that American intellectual property rights are protected, that market access commitments in areas such as financial services and agriculture are fully met, that China's trading regime operates transparently, and that promises to grant trading and distribution rights are implemented fully and on time.

Thanks to: http://www.ustr.gov/Document_Library/Fact_Sheets/2004/America's_Trade_with_China.html

There is enough room for two Super Powers in this world, and China becoming powerful just makes America more powerful. Although America may become #2, our goal should not be to win the #1 position on a list, but make our country as successful as possible, and it just so happens that China replacing us as #1 will make Americans money, and although China will be making more money, it doesn't matter as long as we made our country a better place.

My original fear was that China would eventually try and take over the world once they had enough power, but I think as people in China become wealthier, they will become more educated, and as a result Communism will eventually fail.

Also I would be lying if I said I am not looking forward to making a personal profit off of China's success, and I am sure millions of other Americans are too.

China's success does not have to be a bad thing, and although many Americans will lose jobs; many Americans will also gain jobs. I would estimate that most likely more jobs would be lost than gained for America, however overall our economy should be stronger than where it is today. For the Americans that invest wisely, do well in school, and work hard, China's success will be their success, but for the workers in society, excluding the ones that are in high-level positions, China's success may not be the best for their future.

Any comments on what you think China's success means to America?

li
LeopardPM
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:03 am Post subject:

China's rise in wealth should not negatively impact America, because the United States will allways be one of the most powerful nations economically, and they support the growth and expansion of any large Capitalist nation as someone would a business partner.

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:美国学生 中国崛起 Agricultural Manufactured intellectual 美国 论坛 讨论 学生

To be happy, do things you enjoy and find a higher purpose i
沙发
Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 00:36:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

LeopardPM Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:44 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pretty obvious that the growth or improvement in the welfare of ANY and every trading partner is good news for us. we are already GREATLY benefitting from their growth.

Why do you use the term 'over powering' in respect to China's growth as compared to the US? You make it sound like a competition when it is nothing of the sort. Like every contry (or person) the only thing we compete against is ourselves. The improvement of one person (or country) is NOT at the expense of another, as long as force is not used.

As far as China keeping up the 10% growth rate in upcoming years, it depends on how much their government is going to interfere with the market process. Considering the vast problems they have with their banking system and all the manipulations their government has done trying to 'control' things, I think that China has quite a long and bumpy road ahead...

使用道具

藤椅
Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 00:38:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Pittmeyran
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:16 pm Post subject:

Congrats to China, their growth has been inevitable. I believe we will be better off in long run because of the way we go about our way of living. China does not have regulated labor, a citizen run country who demand and deserve higher wages, no EPA of industrial restrictions, etc... Importing countries are not concerned with the method of production or service, just the bottom line cost to them. We can not compete on par with a country that is not as morally obligated to its faithful citizens. Diplomacy and global goodwill is the only way to secure export partners who are concerned with low prices, not global partnership.

使用道具

板凳
Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 00:39:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Pittmeyran
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:24 pm Post subject:

Competition is always welcomed, being who we are as a country, it revs us up. Our economy is a representation of our countrys life and people, as it is consumer spending that is at the core. I could get technical about how this is true but we like our spot as top country in the world and we outlasted the Soviet Power so we will simply be ourselves and outlast Chinas economic surges. Our GDP growth has always been growing in the long run despite ups and downs, we are constantly growing throughout our history, they will not be able to continue to grow at 10% for much longer. This will give us a good look at their economic sustainabilty to see how well they can bounce back because we have proven we can do that without a problem. By the way, it is one thing for them to grow a little, but another to continue to be the global economic grandaddy consistently afterwards

使用道具

报纸
Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 00:40:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Francis is Louisiana
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:13 pm Post subject: hmmm....

I would have to say the rise of China will be good for the U.S., and this is because I think that advancement in Asia will help north america.
ozzy_g
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:50 am Post subject:

I think it will be good for them economically in the long term, but not the short term, as America will lose jobs to them, and the currency rates and America's massive BOP deficit are hurting your economy.

Politically... its an entirely different kettle of fish.

使用道具

地板
malian 发表于 2006-1-21 00:41:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
论坛地址是多少?还有其他的英文经济论坛的地址可以提供么?谢谢!
http://www.brar.cn 大富翁金融工程 金融投资 金融工程 行为金融 金融数学 金融工作

使用道具

Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 00:47:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

读完了? 太快了吧。 这个从 http://www.itsallpolitics.com/ 取来的。 其他的英文经济相关论坛我去的不多,以前有注册的忘记了,过后想起来再告诉你。

使用道具

tianma82281 发表于 2006-1-21 00:53:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

谁能翻译一下。555~~~~~~

[em14][em14]

使用道具

Francium 发表于 2006-1-21 01:04:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

翻译的话,工作量可不小。 总体来看,他们每个人对待中国发展和超越美国都持积极,乐观的态度。 欢迎中国变强大,同时也对美国许多产业有利益。也有人提及了中美之间不应该有竞争,而是相互促进的发展。

比如 “Why do you use the term 'over powering' in respect to China's growth as compared to the US? You make it sound like a competition when it is nothing of the sort. Like every contry (or person) the only thing we compete against is ourselves. The improvement of one person (or country) is NOT at the expense of another, as long as force is not used.”我英语不好,不过试着翻译一下这段,欢迎指正。

“当你谈到中国相较于美国的发展时,为什么要用国力超越(Over powering)呢? 你使它听起来像是一场竞争,而实际上根本不是。就像每个国家或每个人,我们唯一要竞争的只是和自己。 只要没有应用武力,那么一个国家的发展,绝对不是基于另一个国家的消耗上。”

使用道具

malian 发表于 2006-1-21 01:05:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
以下是引用Francium在2006-1-21 0:47:00的发言:

读完了? 太快了吧。 这个从 http://www.itsallpolitics.com/ 取来的。 其他的英文经济相关论坛我去的不多,以前有注册的忘记了,过后想起来再告诉你。

这个站点倒是什么热门的都有,谢谢Francium。

如果其他的经济学论坛想起来了,还请共享一下,给与论坛币回报,谢谢!!

http://www.brar.cn 大富翁金融工程 金融投资 金融工程 行为金融 金融数学 金融工作

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 01:47