求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
4) Alumni
Ah, so this was something that I sort of was expecting but not at this level. So we met the first few alumni at the International Association of Financial Engineers conference. One of them worked at Goldman Sachs, and the other at a Portfolio Analytics company. They were so friendly and gave us all who were at the conference from Baruch some great advice. There was no feeling of superiority or seniority. They were very open to talk to and friendly. The next set of alumni and current students who were doing internships and working was at this amazing lounge called the Press Lounge. It was located on the rooftop of Ink 48 hotel not too far from Times Square. A few people from Morgan Stanley were there which included mostly Baruch MFE students and alumni. There were a few Columbia students and other university interns who were working with Baruch MFE students at Morgan Stanley by Times Square. The guys were extremely friendly and also once again gave us lots of great advice on the program and what to expect and what the future sort of holds. They all worked at Morgan Stanley with some in the Risk Department and some on the Trading floor. It was great to get a perspective on the program by students who have already finished a few semesters in the program.
The next set of alumni that I met was at an organised Alumni-Meet up at Baruch College. A bit over 25 alumni came by. It was amazing to see the spectrum of students who were graduates of the program and how they all were currently doing within the financial industry. Almost 75% of the alumni seemed to be working at one of the big investment banks. The rest were at a range of firms from Bloomberg, Quantitative Brokers, R&R Consulting, etc.  The event had food provided, with a range of horderves. Other than the tuna horderves I enjoyed the rest . I got a chance to meet and talk to a few of the alumni which was great. It would have been nice to have more time to talk to them, but there will be several such events in the near future so I am not too worried about it at the moment.
5) Current Students
I have made some great friends in the program. There are a few of us who get together and study/hang out almost every other day or so. It is great to see the strong friendships building in the class. It is still too early to comment on this a lot but I have made some good friends already in the program.
6) Alpha Quant Club
I did say this was in no order, but I did save the best for last but unfortunately I cannot give out too many details about it at this moment. But for now, for who wants to know, I am Quantitative Strategist @ AQC. Yes, I have to be VERY effective in managing my time now doing this along with schooling but it is a great opportunity, and I could not let it go. See more about AQC here: www.alphaquantclub. You can see more about what I do/will be doing on my LinkedIN page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joypathak .  It is truly a pleasure and an honour to have the chance to learn from some of the titanic funds and names associated with the club. I am looking forward to working with Dr. Jim Liew, the CEO of AQC and my professor at Baruch College for Statistical Arbitrage/Algorithmic Trading.
I will make a post about more details in the near future about AQC and some of the new and ground breaking products we will be coming out with for investors.
Overall, it has been a great month and looking forward to many ahead. I am currently back in Canada to visit my parents and my girlfriend and will be back in New York soon. Congratulations to Spain on winning the world cup! I will be Teaching Assistant to Dr. Jim Liew in the upcoming class for Statistical Arbitrage also, so I am really looking forward to that.
Thanks to everyone for all your emails and questions. I try my best to respond to all in time. Sorry if I get delayed sometimes, I do have quite a hectic schedule.
Also, I will be having competitions and give-aways on my blog soon, so stay TUNED!
Until next time!
I am a student at Baruch-CUNY in the Master of Science in Financial Engineering program.
Feel free to download my Finance research paper “What Determines Capital Structure of Listed Firms in India?“, It was ranked Top 10 by several e-journals for past two months.  http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1561145
Follow me on Twitter: @joypathak
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joypathak
Read other posts in my Blog here: http://www.quantnet.com/tag/joy-pathak

http://www.quantnet.com/first-month-nyc
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:forward First month FIRS York something friendly company current feeling

沙发
gssdzc 在职认证  发表于 2010-7-24 15:11:01 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
thanks a lot

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 21:20