求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

如果觉得有帮助,就回个帖或评个分吧,谢谢

Type I error (or, error of the first kind)and Type II error (or, error of the second kind) are precise technical termsused in statistics to describe particular flaws in a testing process, where a true null hypothesis was incorrectlyrejected (Type I error) or where one fails to reject a false null hypothesis (Type IIerror).

The terms are also used in a more generalway by social scientists and others to refer to flaws in reasoning. Thisarticle is specifically devoted to the statistical meanings of those terms andthe technical issues of the statistical errors that those terms describe.

Statistical test theory

In statistical test theory the notion ofstatistical error is an integral part of hypothesis testing. The test requires an unambiguous statement of a nullhypothesis, which usually corresponds to a default "state ofnature", for example "this person is healthy", "thisaccused is not guilty" or "this product is not broken". An alternative hypothesis is the negation of null hypothesis,for example, "this person is not healthy", "this accused isguilty" or "this product is broken". Theresult of the test may be negative, relative to null hypothesis (nothealthy, guilty, broken) or positive (healthy,not guilty, not broken). If the result of the test corresponds with reality,then a correct decision has been made. However, if the result of the test doesnot correspond with reality, then an error has occurred. Due to the statistical nature of a test, the result is never,except in very rare cases, free of error. Two types of error are distinguished: type I error andtype II error.

Type I error

A type I error, alsoknown as an error of the first kind, is the wrong decision that is made when atest rejects a true null hypothesis (H0) (弃真错误). A type I error may be compared with a so called falsepositive in other test situations. Type I error can be viewed as the error ofexcessive scepticism.

The rate of the type Ierror is called the size of the test and denoted by the Greek letter (alpha.Type I error = ). It usually equals the significance level of a test. In thecase of a simple null hypothesis is the probability of a type I error. If thenull hypothesis is composite, is the maximum (supremum) of the possibleprobabilities of a type I error.

Type II error (纳伪)

A type II error, also known as an error ofthe second kind, is the wrongdecision that is made when a test fails to reject a false null hypothesis. A type II error may becompared with a so-called falsenegative in other test situations. Type II error can be viewed as the error of excessive credulity.

Therate of the type II error is denoted by the Greek letter (beta) and related tothe power of a test (which equals).

Whatwe actually call type I or type II error depends directly on the nullhypothesis. Negation of the nullhypothesis causes type I and type II errors to switch roles.

Thegoal of the test is to determine if the null hypothesis can be rejected. Astatistical test can either reject (prove false) or fail to reject (fail toprove false 就是TYPE TWO ERROR) a null hypothesis, but never prove it true (i.e., failing to reject a null hypothesis does not prove it true).

Null hypothesis (H0) is true

Null hypothesis (H0) is false

Reject null hypothesis

Type I error
  False positive

Correct outcome
  True positive

Fail to reject null hypothesis

Correct outcome
  True negative

Type II error
  False negative

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Error type err 统计学 significance 统计学 ERROR

本帖被以下文库推荐

沙发
yiuyiutiandi 发表于 2012-3-18 05:37:08 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Type one error 可以理解为冤枉一个好人,Type two error 则可理解为放过一个坏人。
已有 1 人评分论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
我的素质低 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 5 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 20  学术水平 + 5  热心指数 + 5  信用等级 + 5   查看全部评分

使用道具

藤椅
yuzaiyangpeter 发表于 2012-3-18 06:30:02 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
楼上的比喻挺好的~~

使用道具

板凳
Jczoe 发表于 2012-3-18 08:02:37 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
ditto
痛下决心!

使用道具

报纸
ksk5808 发表于 2012-3-18 08:10:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
yiuyiutiandi 发表于 2012-3-18 05:37
形象比喻。
haha

使用道具

地板
cj2008 发表于 2012-3-18 08:52:19 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
好人坏人的解释精妙呀

使用道具

kobe8lc 发表于 2013-5-14 16:06:44 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

miaozhuzhang 发表于 2017-2-27 03:29:01 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
说的很对

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 13:00