求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
The Problem: GitHub README.md won't render LaTeX

I have many times wondered about getting LaTeX math to render in a README file on GitHub. Apparently, many others ( 1, 2, 3 ), have asked the same question.

The common answers are:

• It cannot (and in some cases, shouldn't) be done. GitHub parsing is done by SunDown and is secure, therefore won't do LaTeX.
  • Use http://latex.codecogs.com/ or iTex2Img. These are good options, but 1) they may go away at any time, and 2) require you to rewrite your md file.
  • Use unicode if possible.
  • Use LaTeXIt (for Mac OS) or other converter to make your equations and embed them.
A hackey, but working solution

I opted to try a more generic solution for (4.) using some very hackey text parsing. I have done a bit of parsing in the past, but I was either too lazy to think about the right regex to do, couldn't think of it easily, or thought my solution was sufficient even if not elegant.

Caveat

Two main caveats abound:

• This only works for inline equations marked with dollar signs ($) or equations marked by double dollar signs ($$). I could encorporate other delimiters such as [, but I did not. I only had a bit of time on Wednesday.
  • I assume any code that involves dollar signs be demarcated by chunks starting with three backticks (“). I wrote this for R code, which can use dollar signs for referencing and never has double dollar signs. If your code does, no guarantees.
  • This generally assumes you have a GitHub repository (have no idea what others use), and that you're OK with the figures being located in that GitHub repository. I didn't allow options for putting them in a sub-folder, but may incorporate that.
  • Some text won't be sized correctly.
How do I do it already

I wrote an R package that would parse a README.md (or README.rmd if it's RMarkdown). The package is located at https://github.com/muschellij2/latexreadme.

You can install the package using:

1. 12library(devtools)install_github("muschellij2/latexreadme")
复制代码

You would then load the package:

1. 1library(latexreadme)
复制代码

The main function is parse_latex. It's not the best function name for what it does, but I don't really care. Let's see it's arguments:

1. 1args(parse_latex)
复制代码

You must put in a README file as the rmd argument. If the README has an rmd or Rmd extension, the README is first knitted using knit(rmd) and then the resultant md file is used. This md is located in a temporary directory and won't write to the directory of the README. The new_md is the filename for the output md file that you wish to create. One example would be rmd = "README_with_latex.md" and md = "README.md". The git_username and git_reponame must be specified with your username and repository name, respectively. The git_branch allows you to specify which branch you are on, if necessary. If you don't know what that means, just leave as master.

The rest of the arguments are for inserting the LaTeX into the document. The text_height is how large the LaTeX should be (this may be bad for your document), the insert_string is the HTML the LaTeX is subbed for, the raw_git_site uses https://rawgit.com to reference the figures directly with proper content-type headers (so that they show up). The bad_string is something I'm using in the code. You only need to change bad_string if you happen to have text in your README that matches this (should be rare as they are a bunch of Z's, unless you write like someone sleeping). I'll get to the ... in a minute.

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Equations equation GitHub RENDER LaTeX

已有 1 人评分论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
oliyiyi + 40 + 5 + 5 + 5 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 40  学术水平 + 5  热心指数 + 5  信用等级 + 5   查看全部评分

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:34