求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Gann Square Timer

GST and the next Gann Square method, GS24, can be used as complete trading systems by experienced traders, but make no mistake about it, this is a complex method. You must spend hours practicing on price history and then paper-trading before risking your money. Of all the methods presented here, these two are by far the more difficult to learn. But I'm sure you're not objecting to their inclusion here if they provide profitable results. The aforementioned is for using them as trading-systems - if you simply want to use them for predicting future pivots,then it's far simpler. The Last section, Timing Matrix Tips, suggests a method for using them "pivot picking".

Drawing Technique

I'll describe the simple procedure for drawing the  Gann Square Timer (GST). Below this I'll show what market-types it's best used on. And below that I will guide you thru the interpretation of it. In all examples the commentary is above the image.The Fibonacci Trader or Galactic Trader is best for this, though I believe there are several other Gann based charting software that does this. In FT or GT select the Gann Square - the icon is pictured below and the params to use are also shown.

MG8A.gif

Normally the Gann Square is drawn from a high to a low or from a low to a high pivot. Not with this technique. We're looking for two consecutive high pivots or two consecutive low pivots, as shown below. The second pivot does not have to be higher or lower than the first.

MG8B.gif

What we're going to do is put "A" of the Gann Square on pivot "A" above, and the center of Gann Square ("B") on the second pivot. You'll have to first draw it generally then fine-tune the placement. You can draw it about 2 bars after that low pivot at "B" forms.

MG8C.gif

Below is what the finished drawing looks like. Don't try to interpret it on your own, please click "Next" below.

MG8D.gif

Market Type

The GS-Timer is strongest in wide range markets and trending markets that show zig-zag type corrections, at least 50% corrections (if the market is not showing at least a 50% correction then you want to use the GS24 method instead). It is poor in trending markets that don't show corrections. Basically, you need a clear "A-B-C" swing pattern just to draw this method, and the clearer the trend channels are, the better this method will work. It works best on these market types:

MG8E.gif

MG8F.gif

Interpretation

Just below is the GS Timer we drew on the prior page. Remember you can draw it about 2 bars after that low pivot at "B" forms. At first it looks confusing because of all the lines. After a little practice, only a few hours, you'll be an expert. It's the easiest of the three techniques to use, but in terms of accuracy a little better than the Fib-Fan Projection.

Wherever you have an intersection of two fan lines, denoted by the red circles, you have a potential trend-change. And just like with the Fib-Fan projection the lines are dynamic support-resistance levels. Once one of the lines acts as support or resistance,or you have a failure of support or resistance, your profit objective is the next fan-line emanating from the same corner.

MG8G.gif

Here we're starting the GS Timer one day before the above chart. You'll find that you can draw these all the time on 30-minute charts. You may want to keep several of them on the same market, but on different charts to avoid confusion. Occasionally you'll get the same time for a trend change from two different GS Timers, and they work exceptionally well in timing trend changes that yield an extended move.

MG8H.gif

The below chart is a few days after the above charts.

MG8I.gif

The next two charts are my way of showing that pivot "B" does not have to be higher than pivot "A".

MG8J.gif

Below we see real market geometry timing at its best. We're just a few days forward of all the above charts. We've covered over a week of the DJ Index, calling just about every single swing.

MG8K.gif

Below is a Daily chart, the Nasdaq Index

MG8L.gif

Below is a daily chart of the stock EBAY. The last red circle on the right is one day late. Most every single timing signal on this page was accurate. Again, this technique looks complicated because of all the lines, but once you draw a few you'll see this is a very easy technique to draw and use.

MG8M.gif

Best Practice

Below is a daily chart of the QQQ's. A - B are the two pivot points used to draw it, simple enough.First I should mention - note the green circle intersect - you can never trade that. You'd need those bars to verify that B is a pivot; in other words,by the time you drew your GS Timer the green circle area would already be the current price bars. The technique itself is simple - I just observe and do not trade the two intersects shown by the red circles. If both of them timed pivot points then I know this GS Timer is "active" and I'll have three subsequent accurate time-zones. The first is the end of the Gann Square box(the blue vertical line) and the two intersects outside the box (the purple circles).

MG8N.gif

Summary

·        use GST on trending markets that show corrections of at least 50% or on wide-range markets

·        draw on two like pivots and it doesn't really matter if one is higher or lower than the other; it can be drawn two bars after the second pivot forms

·        draw several on the same market; to avoid confusion because of all the lines I use a different chart for each drawing

·        it works best on 30-minute charts and also15-minute charts when the market shows lots of swings and little congestion;for Futures I also use 240-min bars

·        each intersect with a 45' line is a potential trend-change point, either the bar before or after as often the drawn intersectis between two bars

·        the fan lines offer dynamic support and resistance

·        the fan-lines can be used as profit objectives and initial stop loss (or if you already have a technical swing system, see if it can be integrated with this technique)

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 14:51