讨论出真经。

使用道具

贺俊翔 发表于 2010-11-22 20:13:40 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
我是认为不能期待利率解决中国通胀问题。加息对于通胀的遏制是书本上的政策建议。决策者应该从长期战略上考虑,不能局限于价格因素。
央行通过冲销方式(准备金和央票)来抑制国内流动性增长,从而避免出现通货膨胀与资产价格泡沫。不过这样做的成本还是需要考虑的。

使用道具

NancyDuan 发表于 2010-11-29 19:07:33 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
My understanding for your question is fairly simple:

The fact that PBOC is restrained from using interest rate tool kit instead of bank reserve ratio is because:
1.        PBOC's monetary policy is not independent from the country’s FX management. Thus, increasing benchmark interest rate will be discriminated in the current macroeconomic scenario as this regulatory move means both lending rate and deposit rate will have to be increased at the same time: while an escalating lending rate will help to absorb excess liquidity in the system and disincentive banks from lending, a rising deposit will encourage more "hot money" inflows as deposit rate in Chinese banks is normally viewed as the benchmark rate for all other investment instruments in the market. Currently, the Fed is conducting its 2nd QE which is flooding all emerging markets and China, based on its drastic economic performance, will be among the top destinations for short-term carry trade. The government is already trying very hard to keeping those hot money outside the boarder as it seeks to moderate the appreciation pace of RMB. More hot money will only increase the RMB appreciation pressure while offset the effects of monetary policy tightening and further boost assets bubble (or an equity bubble in future?).

2.        Ok, so my first point explained why we should not use interest rate as main policy tool now, while my second point will be on why use reserve ratio. That explanation will be far easier as we all understand, raising reserve ratio can be easily applied to select banks (to those who lent out too much and in the special attention list of PBOC) and can avoid all the potential negative effects from a rising interest rate.

3.        I am not sure whether this problem has something to do with your presumption about “inflation expectation”, but I suspect so as economic question normally has more than one cause (actually I wont be surprised if there are more than 10 theories trying to address the same issue, sometimes they all work out!). But anyway, I still believe the FX issue is the dominant reason behind PBOC’s move lately.

As my PC in the office has difficulty typing Chinese, so sorry I have to reply in Eg. Next time will convert back to Ch. Happy discussion.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 21:44