有压力的
stressed (out) /strest/
- I feel stressed.我感觉很有压力。
- She looks stressed out.她觉得很有压力。
- I am stressed.我很紧张。
02.
给(某人)压力,使紧张
Sth stresses (one) out
You’re stressing me out!
你让我很紧张!
- I don’t want to do it because I know it will stress me out.我不想做这件事,因为我知道这会让我很有压力。
03.心力交瘁;燃尽
Burnt out
I feel really burnt out after such a busy day at work today.
今天工作忙了一天,我感到筋疲力尽。
- I am burnt out from studying for my exams.我因为准备考试而精疲力竭。
04.(某人)心事重重
A lot on (one’s) mind
He’s got so much on his mind at the moment.
他此刻心事重重。
I’m sorry. I have a lot on my mind these days, can you repeat that?
很抱歉,我这几天有很多心事,请问你能再重复一遍嘛?
05.(某人)有太多事要做
A lot/too much on (one’s) plate
I’m sorry, I can’t do it. I’ve just got too much on my plate right now.
很抱歉,我做不了。我现在手头上工作太多了。
Are you sure you want to volunteer at the local church? You’ve already got so much on your plate.
你确定要去当地教堂做志愿者吗?你已经忙得不可开交了。
06.在压力下做某事
Under pressure + to do sth
- He’s under pressure to get his script finished by Wednesday.
他面临着在周三前完成脚本的压力。
My boss has put me under a lot of pressure to present the results by Friday. I just don’t think we can do it.
老板给了我很大的压力,要我在周五前提交结果。我只是觉得我们做不到。
07.使精疲力竭
Run/work (oneself) into the ground
- I ran myself into the ground.我把自己累垮了。
- I know I got sick because I worked myself into the ground.我知道我生病是因为我把自己累垮了。
08. 厉声说
Snap (v)
I’m sorry I snapped at you. I’ve just had a really long day.
对不起,我对你发火了。我今天真的很累。
- I don’t know why snapped at me. I guess he’s under a lot of pressure at work.
我不知道为什么要对我发火。我猜他是因为今天工作压力太大了。