顶一下

使用道具

zj220223 发表于 2014-8-6 08:41:19 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
baolenmeng 发表于 2014-3-17 22:39
我希望更多人来读,壮大中国的CQFer.
能问下关于cqf的前景吗?

使用道具

baolenmeng 发表于 2014-8-14 20:04:18 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
“请问下您通过CQF了吗?如果没有金工背景,学起来会不会很吃力,另外,中国的企业认可这个么?周围CFA的很多,做金工的一半也是计算机出身,不知道CQF是不是仅在伦敦有点用?谢谢。想多了解一下。”

以下纯属个人观点

CQF一共有6个模块,从第4模块起难度提升,第5第6模块难度陡升。
    如果你有CFA和FRM认证,有一个模块(似乎是第2模块)的一部分内容会觉得有些相似。
    但是绝大部分是完全新的体系。所以需要投入大量时间,读Wilmott那本1400页的金融数学书。
    不过,这书不是很难,因为全书方法相似,观点统一,即用偏微分方程定一切衍生品的价。
    另外一大主流的鞅(martingale)方法在CQF的课程中也会反复强调。
    所以当你学完你会对整个金融数学有个质变的认识,所以金融工程的“入门”并没有想象中难。

中国企业认可度不高。我个人认为原因有二:1,美国MFE项目越来越多(也越水),美国主导金融衍生品市场的话语权。2,CQF的中国持证人过少,认可度需要靠Alumni堆出来的。CQF的主办人知道美国市场的重要性,现在在纽约开了分校,着力开拓。在Alumni还不多的情况下,建议你不要旁观别人,而是自己亲自去成为其中一员。

就业如何?如你所言“做金工的一半也是计算机出身”。因为宽客只是一个泛称,工种非常多,绝大部分不需要高深的数学知识就能胜任!我见过文学学位的在花旗搞风险管理,会计学位的做数量分析师。搞数学建模的核心成员非常少,多数属于操作维护层面的(不要神化宽客)。这时码工的作用显现。甚至现在有专门的外包公司开发定价软件或提供代码,很多公司的宽客仅仅只是修改下代码罢了。结合国内实际,因为早先国内没有衍生品市场,大量劳动力从事股票交易中套利策略的设计。这批人不需懂随机数学,但个个都是编程好手,现在转行做金工的成本较低,你看见的多数是他们。

要在当下的中国找到这类工作,存在不确定性。因为一来衍生品市场很不成熟,所以一部分公司招人门槛不会很高,够用即可。二来现在市场上已经有了过量金工硕士,金数博士,海归数学物理博士等拼命往这行挤,在大公司即使宽客做着很初级的工作,仍然会只要博士。

最后一点,在我个人看来,CQF与一般美国MFE相比,在数学层面已经够了(虽然都很初级)。但是CQF主要编程语言是VB,金工主流宽客是C++和Matlab.这是差距!优点是CQF业余,非常弹性,你可以并行完成多种任务,特别是你不知道将来是否真的会成为quant,你可以不必把别的路先断掉;但MFE全职,机会成本高,特别是你也不能保证MFE回国一定能找到quant的职位。

在伦敦非常非常有用,校友众多,很热门!我有几个在英国的朋友是CQF持证人,中国人外国人都有。

In short,找工作靠自己,涨姿势可以学CQF

使用道具

baolenmeng 发表于 2014-8-14 20:22:15 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
还有问题直接发帖子啊,大家讨论。
勿私信,我不常在线

使用道具

cooper56 在职认证  发表于 2014-8-15 09:09:31 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
baolenmeng 发表于 2014-8-14 20:04
“请问下您通过CQF了吗?如果没有金工背景,学起来会不会很吃力,另外,中国的企业认可这个么?周围CFA的很 ...
一、请问CQF的考核方式是怎样的?怎样才能拿到证书。
二、这个课程是part time的那请问每周上课的时间是怎样的?课后有作业吗?

使用道具

墨名 发表于 2014-11-29 16:33:12 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
baolenmeng 发表于 2014-3-17 22:32
http://www.cqf.com/ 所有信息全在网上,有问题发email问他们。brochure他们也会发给你。

当成admission ...
学费5万,也真是够贵的,请问学完了能做什么呢?
这个是全部费用了吗?

使用道具

hulala1986 发表于 2015-12-6 23:15:50 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
我看了下 现在学费已经是19900刀了。。。

使用道具

w12358 发表于 2016-9-30 14:02:39 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
frm 考完了想考cqf

使用道具

chyna1987 发表于 2018-1-16 10:24:41 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
baolenmeng 发表于 2014-3-17 22:32
http://www.cqf.com/ 所有信息全在网上,有问题发email问他们。brochure他们也会发给你。

当成admission ...
您好,想麻烦问一下,CQF培训是网络课程,考试也是通过在线网上考吗?

使用道具

美芬丁胺8 发表于 2018-6-23 09:10:42 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Hi all, Just thought I’d update this thread with the latest on the CQF from an industry insider perspective.
About Me:
I have over 7 year experience in the industry, within Quantitative Market Risk. I have a Degree in Physics, Maths, and a PhD in Physics, as well as other professional qualifications. So the technical side of the CQF was not an issue for me. After a few years in the industry I decided to do the CQF for ‘fun’ - I thought it’s only a six month program and would be good to formalise my knowledge in finance.

About the CQF:
The CQF is lower cost compared to other Quant programmes, but it’s not a cheap course – coming in at close to £14k for a six months course is quite steep.
My view is that the program material is very dated. This material would have been very relevant back in the late 90s or early 2000’s but today it is just the basics, and most quant interviews and technical interviews wont even care to ask some of that stuff.
The program teaches very little finance and really is mostly about applying a basic PDE approach to various products types. It covers other key elements but only at a very superfical level e.g. volatility and timeseries analysis. The basic material is even more frustrating as the lecturers are really not that great or experienced in either the industry or teaching such technical things. Out of all the lecturers only one or two were really any good, and they are actually full time researchers/lecturers in other universities.
Another key point I want to make, that is relevent in this day and age of MOOC’s, with all the excellent free courses available on the web, in particular the columbia course on Coursera and various YouTube videos on products and quant finance, the CQF really becomes a bit irrelevant and overpriced for what it is.
The course material and the extra lectures are not really value for money - in terms of audio/visual quality and content. Also, you can find better videos on C++ and VBA on youtube.
Finaly, most of the people doing the course are from IT or back-office functions who are keen to get into quant or Front Office roles, so there are very few very knowledgeable finance or markets orientated people in the class who you can learn from. There is nothing wrong with this, but those who are hoping to establish a strong markets focused network I think you should look else where.

Will It Help You Find a Job?
If you are a new graduate I wouldn’t waste your money on the CQF, it would be more worthwhile for you to get a masters from a reputable university. However, if you have a PhD from a top university and would like to gain some extra skills and have 14k lying around then go for it, but if money is tight I don’t think scraping together 14K to do this will increase your employability chances that much.
If you are already in a somewhat quantitative area and want to formalise your knowledge or would like to do this for fun or gain learning momentum, its not too bad considering it consists of evening classes and you can watch videos at your leisure. But don’t expect this to open any doors, that is my only key point. If you are not in a quantitative area, this will definitely not help you to get into that area, so I would advice you not to waste your money on this course but consider a MFE from a good university.

Would I do it again if I knew then what I know now?
Simple answer is… probably not. But then again I like learning, and the money wasn’t much of an issue for me. This was more of a fun thing for me to do, I like learning in a class environment and I like maths, so my arm could be twisted to do it again, but I would start with lower expectations.

The final point I want to leave you with is that this is not the course if you want to move into a quant role or enhance your career, for that consider an MFE. But if you have a general ineterst in PDE math applied to quant finance then this course is ok (also if you have £14k to spare).

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 11:30