应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
I am running a two-level model with observations over time nested within individuals and using a group mean centering approach.  That is, for my time-varying variables I am using the deviation scores from the individual means at level 1 and including the individual means in level 2.  My question is, if I want to test whether a within-individual (level 1) effect varies by gender, should I include interaction terms for both the deviation score at level 1 and the individual mean at level 2?
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:interaction centering interact Entering Center individual including question running include

Trevor 发表于 2014-1-24 08:59:09 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群

Centering Predictor Variables in Cross-Sectional Multilevel Models: A New Look at an Old Issue

Appropriately centering Level 1 predictors is vital to the interpretation of intercept and slope parameters in multilevel models (MLMs). The issue of centering has been discussed in the literature, but it is still widely misunderstood. The purpose of this article is to provide a detailed overview of grand mean centering and group mean centering in the context of 2-level MLMs. The authors begin with a basic overview of centering and explore the differences between grand and group mean centering in the context of some prototypical research questions. Empirical analyses of artifical data sets are used to illustrat key points thoughout. The artical provide a number of practical recommendations designed to facilitate centering decisions in MLM applications.
http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~sping/PM-515/references/Enders%202007%20centering%20in%20multilevel%20analysis.pdf

使用道具

Trevor 发表于 2014-1-24 09:02:59 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
Occup Health Psychol. 2000 Jan;5(1):182-90.

A multilevel analysis of the demands--control model: is stress at work determined by factors at the group level or the individual level?

Van Yperen NW, Snijders TA.

Abstract

This study explored the extent to which negative health-related outcomes are associated with differences between work groups and with differences between individuals within work groups using R.A. Karasek's (1979) demands-control model. The sample consisted of 260 employees in 31 working groups of a national bank in the Netherlands. Results suggest that job demands and job control should be conceptualized as having both group- and individual-level foundations. Support for Karasek's demands-control model was found only when these variables were split into the 2 parts, reflecting shared perceptions and employees' subjective assessment, respectively. One of the most appealing practical implications is that absence rates among homogeneous work groups can be reduced by enhancing actual control on the job.

使用道具

伊人怡心 发表于 2018-11-8 09:50:43 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
group-mean centering 和grand-mean centering 到底有什么区别,该怎么区分使用呢

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:45