楼主: 电子服务126
532 0

[英文文献] The Comparative African Economics of Inclusive Development and Military Exp... [推广有奖]

• 0关注
  • 0粉丝

等待验证会员

学前班

0%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

威望
论坛币
0 个
通用积分
学术水平
0 点
热心指数
0 点
信用等级
0 点
经验
10 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
0 小时
注册时间
2020-9-21
最后登录
2020-9-21

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
英文文献:The Comparative African Economics of Inclusive Development and Military Expenditure in Fighting Terrorism-包容性发展和打击恐怖主义军事开支的比较非洲经济学
英文文献作者:Simplice Asongu,Vanessa Tchamyou,Ndemaze Asongu,Nina Tchamyou
英文文献摘要:
This study investigates the role of inclusive human development and military expenditure in fighting terrorism in 53 African countries for the period 1998-2012. The empirical evidence is based on contemporary, non-contemporary and instrumental variable Fixed Effects regressions. Inclusive development is not a sufficient condition for the fight against terrorism whereas military expenditure can be effectively employed to mitigate the phenomenon. Significant negative effects are established only when endogeneity is accounted for by means of non-contemporary and instrumental-variables approaches. Hence, the policy effectiveness of employed tools is contingent on whether they are engaged proactively (i.e. non-contemporarily) or not. From the findings, the propensity of military expenditure to fight transnational terrorism is higher in: (i) middle income countries vis-à-vis their low income counterparts; (ii) oil-rich countries compared to oil-poor countries and (iii) Christian-dominated countries vis-à-vis their Islam-oriented counterparts. Furthermore military expenditure is also more effective at combating domestic and transnational terrorism in: (i) North African countries vis-à-vis their sub-Saharan Africa counterparts; (ii) landlocked countries compared to countries that are open to the sea and (iii) politically-stable countries vis-à-vis their politically-unstable counterparts. Contributions to the comparative economics are discussed. Practical and theoretical contributions are also provided.

本研究调查了1998-2012年期间53个非洲国家包容性人类发展和军事支出在打击恐怖主义中的作用。实证证据基于当代、非当代和工具变量固定效应回归。包容性发展不是打击恐怖主义的充分条件,军费开支可以有效缓解恐怖主义现象。只有当使用非当代和工具变量方法来解释内生性时,才会产生显著的负面影响。因此,所使用工具的政策有效性取决于它们是否积极(即非当代)使用。从研究结果来看,用于打击跨国恐怖主义的军事开支倾向在以下国家较高:(i)中等收入国家相对于低收入国家;(ii)富油国与贫油国的比较;(iii)基督教主导的国家与伊斯兰主导的国家的比较。此外,军事开支在打击国内和跨国恐怖主义方面也更为有效:(一)北非国家相对于撒哈拉以南非洲国家;(二)内陆国家与向海洋开放的国家的比较;(三)政治稳定的国家与政治不稳定的国家的比较。对比较经济学的贡献进行了讨论。实践和理论贡献也提供了。
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 00:15