使用道具

luojscd 发表于 2018-7-15 20:52:04 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读197小时。
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

derekzeng1972 发表于 2018-7-15 20:55:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I read 12 rules for life about 3 hours. Below is the reading note.

Rule 1 Stand Up Straight With Your Shoulders Back

Matthew Principle: "to those who have everything, more will be given; from those who have nothing, everything will be taken."

Mark Twain once said, "It's not what we don't know that gets us in trouble. It's what we know for sure that just ain't do."

The part of our brain that keeps track of our position in the dominance hierarchy is therefore exceptionally ancient and fundamental. It is a master control system, modulating our perceptions, values, emotions, thoughts and actions. It powerfully affects every aspect of our Being, conscious and unconscious alike.

Circumstances change, and so can you. Positive feedback loops, adding effect to effect, can spiral counterproductively in a negative direction, but can also work to get you ahead. That's the other: those who start to have will probably get more. Alternations in body language offer an important example.

Standing up straight with your shoulders back is not something that is only physical, because you're not only a body. You're a spirit, so to speak—a psyche—as well. Standing up physically also implies and invokes and demands standing up metaphysically. Standing up means voluntarily accepting the burden of Being. You step forward to take your place in the dominance hierarchy, and occupy your territory, manifesting your willingness to defend, expand and transform it. That can all occur practically or symbolically, as a physical or as a conceptual restructuring.

To stand up straight with your shoulder back means building the ark that protects the world from the flood, guiding your people through the desert after they have escaped tyranny, making your way away from comfortable home and country, and speaking the prophetic word to those who ignore the widows and children. It means sholdering the cross that marks the X, the place where you and Being interesct so terribly. It means casting dead, rigid and too tyrannical order back into the chaos in which it was generated; it means withstanding the ensuing uncertainty, and establishing , in consequence, a better, more meaningful and more productive order.

So, attend carefully to your posture. Speak your mind. Put your desires forward, as if you had a right to them—at least the same right as others. Walk tall and gaze forthrightly ahead. Dare to be dangerous. Encourage the serotonin to flow plentifully through the neural pathways desperate for its calming influence.

Look for your inspiration to the victorious lobster, with its 350 million years of practical wisdom. Stand up straight, with your shoulders back.

Rule 2 Treat Yourself Like Someone You are Responsible For Helping

No matter who we are, some things are under our control, and some things are not. That's why both can understand the same stories, and dwell within the confines of the same eternal truths. Finally, the fundamental reality of chaos and order is true for everything alive, not only for us. Living things are always to be found in places they can master, surrounded by things and situations that make them vulnerable.

Order is not enough. You can't just be stable, and secure, and unchanging, because there are still vital and important new things to be learned.Nontheless, chaos can be too much. You can't long tolerate being swamped and overwhelmed beyond your capacity to cope while you are learning what you still need to know. Thus, you need to place one foot in what you have mastered and understodd and the other in what you are currently exploring and mastering. Then you have positioned yourselfe where the terror of existence is under control and you are secure, but where you are also alert and engaged. That is where there is something new to master and some way that you can be improved. That is where meaning is to be found.

How could the nature of man ever reach its full potential without challenge and danger? How dull and contemptible would we become if there was no longer reason to pay attention?

Question for parents: do you want to make your children safe, or strong?

You need to consider the future and think, "What might my life look like if I were caring for myself properly? What career would challenge me and render me productive and helpful, so that I could shoulder my share of the load, and enjoy the consequences? What should I be doing, when I have some freedom, to improve my health, expand my knowledge, and strength my body?" You need to know where you are, so you can start to chart your course. You need to know who you are, so that you understand your armament and bolster yourself in respect to your limitations. You need to know where you are going, so that you can limit the extent of chaos in your life, restructure order, and bring the divine force of Hope to bear on the world.

You must determine where you are going, so that you can bargain for yourself, so that you don't end up resentful, vengeful and cruel. You have to articulate your own principles, so that you can defend yourself against others' taking inappropriate advantage of you, and so that you are secure and safe while you work and play. You must discipline yourself carefully. You must keep the promises you make to yourself, and reward yourself, so that you can trust and motivate yourself. You need to determine how to act toward yourself so that you are most likely to become and to stay a good person. It would be good to make the world a better place.  

Donot underestate the power of vision and direction. These are irresistible forces, able to transform what might appear to be unconquerable obstacles into traversabe  pathways and expanding opportunities. Strengthen the individual. Start with yourself. Take care with yourself. Define who you are. Refine your personality. Choose your destination and articulate your Being."He whose life has a why can bear almost any how."

You could help direct the world, on its careening trajectory, a bit more toward Heaven and a bit more away from Hell. Once having understood Hell, researched it, so to speak—particularly your own individual Hell—you could decide against going there or creating that. You ould aim elsewhere. You could, in fact, devote yourlife to this. That would give you a Meaning, with a capital M. That would justify your miserable existence. That would atone for your sinful nature, and replace your shame and self-consciousness with the natural pride and forthright confidence of someone who has learned once again to walk with God in the Garden.

You could begin by treating yourself as if you were someone you were responsible for helping.
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 40 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 40   查看全部评分

使用道具

tttt321 发表于 2018-7-15 21:25:26 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨天阅读1小时,总计阅读150小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

EdDiDi 学生认证  发表于 2018-7-15 21:29:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读232小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

qiuyifeng696626 发表于 2018-7-15 21:48:39 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读3小时,累计阅读40小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

Arnold.Chan 发表于 2018-7-15 22:00:11 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
充实每一天 发表于 2018-7-15 05:43
【加入充实计划】【了解充实计划】

|新充实挑战|    |公告【想成为牛人】|
昨日阅读1小时,累计1小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:45