感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

主题为【学道会】活动,点击了解详情

我会不定期在主题帖里记录我的学习内容

(主要为网易公开课和TED,有兴趣的坛友可以跟帖和我一起学习)

视频链接

如果对内容感兴趣,何不点击看一看

Tan Le is the founder & CEO of Emotiv, a bioinformatics company that's working on identifying biomarkers for mental and other neurological conditions using electroencephalography (EEG).

Tan Le is the co-founder and president of Emotiv. Before this, she headed a firm that worked on a new form of remote control that uses brainwaves to control digital devices and digital media. It's long been a dream to bypass the mechanical (mouse, keyboard, clicker) and have our digital devices respond directly to what we think. Emotiv's EPOC headset uses 16 sensors to listen to activity across the entire brain. Software "learns" what each user's brain activity looks like when one, for instance, imagines a left turn or a jump.

Le herself has an extraordinary story -- a refugee from Vietnam at age 4, she entered college at 16 and has since become a vital young leader in her home country of Australia.

My mother, my sister and I slept in the same bed. My mother was exhausted each night,
我、我妹妹和我母亲睡在同一张床上。每晚母亲都拖着疲惫的身体回家,
but we told one another about our day and listened to the movements of my grandmotheraround the house.
但是我们互相交流一天的事情,听着旁边房间祖母的动静。
My mother suffered from nightmares, all about the boat. And my job was to stay awake untilher nightmares came so I could wake her.
我母亲一直梦魇困扰着,都是关于小船的。我的工作就是保持清醒,在她做恶梦的时候叫醒她。
She opened a computer store, then studied to be a beautician and opened another business.
她开了一家计算机商店,学习美容,将来开一家美容店。
And the women came with their stories about men who could not make the transition, angryand inflexible, and troubled children caught between two worlds.
女人们过来谈论关于男人的故事,他们无法完成过渡,生气,顽固,问题小孩困在两个世界之间。
Grants and sponsors were sought. Centers were established. I lived in parallel worlds.
寻求资金和资助人,建立了中心。我生活在一个平行的世界。
In one, I was the classic Asian student, relentless in the demands that I made on myself.
一方面,我是典型的亚洲学生,对自己特别狠;
In the other, I was enmeshed in lives that were precarious, tragically scarred by violence, drug abuse and isolation.
另一方面,我纠缠于现实的危险,被暴力、毒品泛滥和种族隔离弄得伤痕累累。
But so many over the years were helped. And for that work, when I was a final-year lawstudent, I was chosen as the Young Australian of the Year.
但这么多年来,很多人都得到了帮助。当我曾为法律系毕业生的时候,我被选择作为当年的澳大利亚年轻代表。
And I was catapulted from one piece of the jigsaw to another, and their edges didn't fit.
我直接从一个片段跳到了另一个,没有漂亮的连接。

Tan Le, anonymous Footscray resident, was now Tan Le, refugee and social activist,

Tan Le一名Footscray普通居民,现在是难民,社会积极分子,
invited to speak in venues she had never heard of and into homes whose existence she couldnever have imagined.
被邀请演讲,去一个从未听说过的,去一个无法想象是否存在的地方。
I didn't know the protocols. I didn't know how to use the cutlery. I didn't know how to talkabout wine.
我不知道礼仪,不知道如何用刀具,不会谈论葡萄酒,
I didn't know how to talk about anything. I wanted to retreat to the routines and comfort oflife in an unsung suburb --
不会讲话。我想要退回到原来,无名市郊的舒适生活--
a grandmother, a mother and two daughters ending each day as they had for almost 20 years,
祖母、目前和两个女儿过着20多年的平淡生活,
telling one another the story of their day and falling asleep, the three of us still in the samebed.
相互谈论着过去的日子,渐渐入睡,我们三个还在一个床上。
I told my mother I couldn't do it. She reminded me that I was now the same age she had beenwhen we boarded the boat.
我告诉我母亲,我做不到。她提醒我,她带我们乘船出国的时候,正好是我现在的年龄。
"No" had never been an option. "Just do it," she said, "and don't be what you're not."
没有任何选择。“放手去做”,她说 “做真正的自己” 。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

已有 1 人评分论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
经管之家编辑部 + 100 + 3 + 3 + 3 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 100  学术水平 + 3  热心指数 + 3  信用等级 + 3   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

[img]https://pic.bbs.jg.com.cn/album/201902/10/1354169ynsysftnywn0fwp.
为您点赞!

使用道具

藤椅
充实每一天 发表于 2019-5-17 13:29:22 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
点赞

使用道具

板凳
XA0 学生认证  发表于 2019-5-18 01:52:44 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
reminded me that this is the same age she had been

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 22:57