感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

主题为【学道会】活动,点击了解详情

我会不定期在主题帖里记录我的学习内容

(主要为网易公开课和TED,有兴趣的坛友可以跟帖和我一起学习)

视频链接

如果对内容感兴趣,何不点击看一看

Tan Le is the founder & CEO of Emotiv, a bioinformatics company that's working on identifying biomarkers for mental and other neurological conditions using electroencephalography (EEG).

Tan Le is the co-founder and president of Emotiv. Before this, she headed a firm that worked on a new form of remote control that uses brainwaves to control digital devices and digital media. It's long been a dream to bypass the mechanical (mouse, keyboard, clicker) and have our digital devices respond directly to what we think. Emotiv's EPOC headset uses 16 sensors to listen to activity across the entire brain. Software "learns" what each user's brain activity looks like when one, for instance, imagines a left turn or a jump.

Le herself has an extraordinary story -- a refugee from Vietnam at age 4, she entered college at 16 and has since become a vital young leader in her home country of Australia.

So I spoke out on youth unemployment andeducation and the neglect of the marginalized anddisenfranchised.
因此我讲到了失业低龄化和教育问题,忽视边缘群体和剥夺政治权利。
And the more candidly I spoke, the more I wasasked to speak. I met people from all walks of life,
我说的越坦率,越是有人邀请我演讲。遇见周围的人们,
so many of them doing the thing they loved, living on the frontiers of possibility.
做着自己喜欢的事情,生活在可能性边界。
And even though I finished my degree, I realized I could not settle into a career in law.
即使我完成了我的学业,我意识到我不能局限于法律职业。
There had to be another piece of the jigsaw. And I realized, at the same time, that it is OK tobe an outsider, a recent arrival, new on the scene --
这儿还有另一个拼图的片段。同一时间,我意识到作为局外人也可以,一个新来的,一个新人,
and not just OK, but something to be thankful for, perhaps a gift from the boat.
不仅仅是可以,值得感激的或许是来自小船的经历。
Because being an insider can so easily mean collapsing the horizons, can so easily meanaccepting the presumptions of your province.
因为作为一个局内人,太容易放弃视野,太容易接收你的假设。
I have stepped outside my comfort zone enough now to know that, yes, the world does fallapart, but not in the way that you fear.
我现在得站在舒适区足够远,是的,世界开始破碎,不是按照你担心的那样。

Possibilities that would not have been allowed were outrageously encouraged.

不允许贸然或者鼓励放大可能性。
There was an energy there, an implacable optimism, a strange mixture of humility anddaring.
这里有能量,无情的乐观,混合着人道和胆量。
So I followed my hunches. I gathered around me a small team of people for whom the label "Itcan't be done" was an irresistible challenge.
跟随我的预感。我聚集了一个小组“不能完成”的标签是我们唯一的挑战。
For a year, we were penniless. At the end of each day, I made a huge pot of soup which we allshared.
整整一年,我们一名不文。每一天最后,我都做一大锅汤,大家共享。
We worked well into each night. Most of our ideas were crazy, but a few were brilliant, and webroke through.
每晚都努力工作。我们大多数的想法都很疯狂,还有少数很明智,我们突破着。
I made the decision to move to the US after only one trip. My hunches again. Three monthslater, I had relocated, and the adventure has continued.
我觉得搬到美国,在一次旅行后。我的直觉又一次成功了。我到达3个月后,继续冒险。
Before I close, though, let me tell you about my grandmother.
在最后让我说说我的祖母。
She grew up at a time when Confucianism was the social norm and the local mandarin was theperson who mattered.
她成长的时代,儒教盛行,本地Mandarin最大。
Life hadn't changed for centuries. Her father died soon after she was born.
几个世纪的生活都不曾改变。她出生的时候,父亲去世,
Her mother raised her alone. At 17, she became the second wife of a mandarin whose motherbeat her.
由母亲独自养大。她17岁嫁给了一个Mandarin,做二房,遭到婆婆的打骂。
With no support from her husband, she caused a sensation by taking him to court andprosecuting her own case, and a far greater sensation when she won.
在没有丈夫的支持下,她把丈夫告上法庭,从而轰动一时,胜诉的她更是名声远扬。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:学习笔记 习笔记 TED unemployment Identifying

已有 1 人评分论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
经管之家编辑部 + 100 + 3 + 3 + 3 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 100  学术水平 + 3  热心指数 + 3  信用等级 + 3   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

[img]https://pic.bbs.jg.com.cn/album/201902/10/1354169ynsysftnywn0fwp.
为您点赞!

使用道具

藤椅
充实每一天 发表于 2019-5-17 13:29:06 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
点赞

使用道具

板凳
XA0 学生认证  发表于 2019-5-18 01:56:02 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
th the end of day, we made a huge pot of soup to share which all share

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:28