精华
在线时间
197 小时
注册时间
2007-11-3
最后登录
2023-11-9

2论坛币
请教一下Volatility Modelling和trading的方法.用GARCH, EGARCH做完forecast以后改如何trade?
已经知道的方法有三种:
1. straddle
2. Delta Hedged option
3. Variance Swap
前两种有什么不一样,再实施的时候应该注意些什么问题?

最佳答案

spruceyang 查看完整内容

I think there are two different issue here. First, use stochastic vol or garch to fit or predict vol, this is normally used in statistical arbitrage trade, where you correlate the market dynamic with your model parameters. Second, long/short volatility strategies. This is based on your view of the implied vol or implied vol against realized vol. Regarding to the difference between the covere ...
关键词:Volatility Trading rading DING ADI trade 如何

回帖推荐

spruceyang 发表于3楼  查看完整内容

I think there are two different issue here. First, use stochastic vol or garch to fit or predict vol, this is normally used in statistical arbitrage trade, where you correlate the market dynamic with your model parameters. Second, long/short volatility strategies. This is based on your view of the implied vol or implied vol against realized vol. Regarding to the difference between the covere ...
沙发
spruceyang 发表于 2010-6-29 02:38:43 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I think there are two different issue here.
First, use stochastic vol  or garch to fit or predict vol, this is normally used in statistical arbitrage trade, where you correlate the market dynamic with your model parameters.
Second, long/short volatility strategies. This is based on your view of the implied vol  or implied vol against realized vol.  Regarding to the difference between the covered call and the straddle, I think for the previous one you need to continuously rebalance your stock position to make it delta neutral, in which situation you will bear the risk from the gamma weighted realized vol and BS vol difference. For the straddle, I don't think you need to make it delta neutral. There are conparisons between the three strategies. It is is hard to tell which strategy is definitely better than the others.
Third, it is also popular to trade the vol of vols and dispersions.
已有 1 人评分学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
tianjinxtl + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子

总评分: 学术水平 + 1  热心指数 + 1  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

藤椅
99rabbit 发表于 2010-6-29 07:05:48 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
不管怎么做,你都是输钱的,因为你干不过他们的电脑

使用道具

板凳
mrdf 发表于 2010-6-29 11:48:33 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
你干不过他们的电脑

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 01:11