楼主: xuehe
1472 1

[程序分享] stata_code_loecker2011 Product differentiation, multi-product firms [推广有奖]

贵宾

学术权威

90%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

威望
论坛币
571284 个
通用积分
学术水平
365 点
热心指数
358 点
信用等级
202 点
经验
353457 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
2621 小时
注册时间
2004-12-31
最后登录
2024-4-20

相似文件 换一批

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Econometrica, Vol. 79, No. 5 (September, 2011), 1407–1451

PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION, MULTIPRODUCT FIRMS, AND

ESTIMATING THE IMPACT OF TRADE LIBERALIZATION

ON PRODUCTIVITY

BY JAN DE LOECKER

This paper studies whether removing barriers to trade induces efficiency gains for producers. Like almost all empirical work which relies on a production function to recover productivity measures, I do not observe physical output at the firm level. Therefore,it is imperative to control for unobserved prices and demand shocks. I develop an empirical model that combines a demand system with a production function to generate estimates of productivity. I rely on my framework to identify the productivity effects from reduced trade protection in the Belgian textile market. This trade liberalization provides me with observed demand shifters that are used to separate out the associated

price, scale, and productivity effects. Using a matched plant–product level data set and detailed quota data, I find that correcting for unobserved prices leads to substantially lower productivity gains. More specifically, abolishing all quota protections increases firm-level productivity by only 2 percent as opposed to 8 percent when relying on standard measures of productivity.My results beg for a serious reevaluation of a long list of empirical studies that document productivity responses to major industry shocks and,in particular, to opening up to trade. My findings imply the need to study the impact of changes in the operating environment on productivity together with market power and prices in one integrated framework. The suggested method and identification strategy are quite general and can be applied whenever it is important to distinguish between revenue productivity and physical productivity.

KEYWORDS: Production function, imperfect competition, trade liberalization.

摘要:本文研究了消除贸易壁垒是否会对生产者带来效率收益。就像几乎所有依赖于生产函数来恢复生产率指标的实证工作一样,没有在企业层面上观察物质产出。因此,必须控制未观察到的价格和需求冲击。开发了一个经验模型,它结合了需求系统和生产函数来生成生产率的估计。根据框架来确定比利时纺织品市场贸易保护减少对生产率的影响。这种贸易自由化提供了可观察到的需求转移,用于分离相关的价格、规模和生产率效应。使用匹配的工厂产品水平数据集和详细的配额数据,发现,纠正未观察到的价格会导致生产率增长大幅下降。更具体地说,取消所有配额保护只会使企业一级的生产率提高2%,而如果依赖生产率的标准衡量标准,则会提高8%。研究结果需要对一长串实证研究进行认真重新评估,这些研究记录了生产率对重大行业冲击的反应,尤其是对贸易开放的反应。研究结果表明,有必要在一个整合框架中研究经营环境的变化对生产率,以及市场力量和价格的影响。建议的方法和识别策略是相当普遍的,可适用任何时候,它在区别收入生产率和物质生产率方面是重要的。

Product versus Process-Innovation Strategies of Multi-Product Firms.pdf (723.88 KB, 需要: 1 个论坛币)

Multi-product firms and product quality.pdf (547.4 KB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)
计算企业多产品类型stata_pdf.rar (784 Bytes, 需要: 50 个论坛币) 本附件包括:
  • 计算企业多产品类型stata.do

中国多产品企业的出口产品转换行为研究 (1).pdf (983.94 KB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)

多产品出口企业、产品转换与资源配置.pdf (1.11 MB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)

JIE_Multi-product firms and product quality.pdf (535.34 KB, 需要: 5 个论坛币)

stata_祝树金_中间品贸易自由化与多产品出口企业的产品加成率.rar (13.65 MB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)

stata_code_loecker2011 Product differentiation, multi-product firms.rar (347.09 KB, 需要: 30 个论坛币)

LOECKER2011.rar (260.84 KB, 需要: 5 个论坛币) 本附件包括:
  • LOECKER2011.pdf

supplement1.pdf (92.38 KB, 需要: 3 个论坛币)

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Different Product produc DIFFER multi

本帖被以下文库推荐

沙发
xc199939 学生认证  发表于 2023-2-28 10:45:29 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
请问祝树金老师这篇文章的stata代码里有没有产品层面成本加成率的计算代码呀?

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 01:05