有人告诉我,我听说
A little birdie told me.
A little birdie told me you are quitting your job.
有消息说你要辞职了。
- A little birdie told me that you went to the new Thai restaurant last night.我听说你昨晚去了那家新开的泰国餐馆。
02.
吃很多, 狼吞虎咽
Pig out
- We pigged out on all the delicious food.我们狼吞虎咽地吃了所有好吃的食物。
- Let's pig out on some pizza tonight.我们今晚大吃一顿披萨吧。
- Look at him pigging out.看他那狼吞虎咽的样子。
Doggy bag
- I can't finish all this food. I think we should ask for a doggy bag.我吃不完这些食物。我觉得我们应该要打包袋。
- Excuse me, can you bring the bill please and also a doggy bag.对不起,你能把账单和打包袋带来吗?
04.等等,别着急
Hold your horses.
- A: Hurry up!快一点!B: Hold your horses, I'm coming.别着急,我马上就来。
- A: We need to leave now, or we'll be late.我们得走了,不然就要迟到了。B: Hold your horses, we still have plenty of time.别着急,我们还有很多时间。
05.别摆架子,别趾高气扬的
Get off your high horse.Get down off your high horse.Come off your high horse.
- Stop criticising everyone! You should get down off your high horse and admit that you aren't perfect either!不要批评每个人了! 你应该放下架子,承认你也不是完美的!
- John used to tell his fellow classmates what a genius he was. But after he got a couple of bad marks, he had to come off his high horse and study as hard as everyone else.约翰过去常对他的同学说他是一个天才。但在他两门考试都得了很差的分数之后,他不得不放下架子,像其他人一样努力学习。
- Get off your high horse and admit you were wrong.放下架子,承认你错了。
06.完全是另一回事
Horse of a different colour.
If we are choosing which white horse is most beautiful and you say that the black horse is most beautiful. This is a horse of a different colour.
如果我们在说哪匹白马最漂亮,而你说那匹黑马最漂亮。这就完全不是同一件事。
07.好奇心杀死猫
Curiosity killed the cat.
- A: Dad, why is mom in a bad mood today?爸爸,为什么妈妈今天心情不好?B: I don't know son, but remember, curiosity killed the cat.不知道,儿子,但是要记住,好奇心害死猫。
- Hey, don't go in there. Curiosity killed the cat.嘿,别进去。好奇新害死猫。
08.泄密
Let the cat out of the bag.
- John finally let the cat out of the bag. He's going to ask Mary to marry him tomorrow.约翰终于把这个消息放出来了。他打算明天向玛丽求婚。
- We all know, the boss let the cat out of the bag weeks ago.我们都知道,老板几周前走漏了风声。
Cat got your tongue?
- Hello, hello, hey what's wrong with you, cat's got your tongue?嘿,嘿,你怎么了,舌头被猫咬了吗?
- What, nothing to say? Cat's got your tongue?什么,无话可说吗? 你的舌头被猫给吃了吗?
It's raining cats and dogs.
- Don't forget to take an umbrella. It's raining cats and dogs out there.别忘了带把伞。外面在下雨。
- It's been raining cats and dogs all week!整个星期都在下大雨!


雷达卡




京公网安备 11010802022788号







