赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

大灾难

a disaster of epic proportions

• Meteorologists have been predicting that the hurricane will be a disaster of epic proportions for us because we're so close to the coast.

气象学家一直预测,飓风对我们来说将是一场空前的灾难,因为我们离海岸太近了。

• Oh, my attempt to ask Addison to the dance was a disaster of epic proportions. I was so nervous that I couldn't say the words.

哇,我邀请艾迪森参加舞会的尝试是一场空前的灾难。我太紧张了,以至于说不出话来。

可能导致灾难的行为

a recipe for disaster

• Drinking all night and getting no sleep before your final exam is a recipe for disaster.

在期末考试之前,整晚喝酒不睡觉可能会造成不好的结果。

• In hindsight,having the two sides of the family sitting at the same table for such a long stretch of time was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

事后看来,让双方家庭长时间坐在同一张桌子上总是会带来灾难。

经常闯祸的人

a walking disaster

• I heard that John got fired from another job because he kept on messing up his boss's instructions. What a walking disaster!

我听说约翰被另一份工作解雇了,因为他老是混淆老板的指示。真是行走的灾难!

• First, I lock myself out of the house, then my grocery bag breaks in the  parking lot, and now I stepped on my glasses—I’m just a walking disaster today!

首先,我被锁在了门外,然后我的购物袋在停车场坏掉了,现在我踩到了我的眼镜。我今天真是个行走的灾难!

导致灾难

spell disaster

• The senator's refusal to negotiate, spells disaster for the chances of the legislation to pass through both houses of congress.

这位参议员拒绝谈判,这对该法案在国会两院获得通过的机会来说是一场灾难。

• The sudden shortage of precious metals necessary to manufacture the computer chips spelled disaster for the new tech company.

制造电脑芯片所需的贵金属突然短缺,这对这家新科技公司来说是一场灾难。

引祸上身

flirt with disaster

• The CEO has been flirting with disaster with her off-the-cuff comments to the press lately.

这位首席执行官最近对媒体发表的即席讲话引祸上身了。

• If you show up late for work everyday, you are really flirting with disaster.

如果你每天都上班迟到的话,那真的会引祸上身的。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Disaster Aster flirt FLIR With

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 05:00