同时希望版主能够将本帖置顶,帮助大家一起提高SAS和多核处理器的效率!!!!

使用道具

wyxixl 发表于 2011-11-26 17:18:22 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

wyxixl 发表于 2011-11-26 17:20:08 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

wyxixl 发表于 2011-11-26 17:20:44 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
Definition of Parallel Processing

SAS 9 supports a new wave of SAS functionality related to parallel processing. Parallel processing refers to processing that is handled by multiple CPUs simultaneously. This technology takes advantage of hardware that has multiple CPUs, called SMP computers, and provides performance gains for two types of SAS processes:

threaded I/O

threaded application processing.

SMP computers have multiple CPUs and an operating environment that can spawn and manage multiple pieces of executable code called threads. A thread is a single, independent flow of control through a program or within a process. Threading takes advantage of multiple CPUs by dividing processing among the available CPUs. A thread-enabled operating environment provides support for threads; for example, each thread needs a context (like a register set and a program counter), a segment of code to execute, and a piece of memory to use in the process.

Even if your site does not use an SMP computer, SAS 9 can still provide increased performance. Some types of threading can be performed using a single CPU.

使用道具

wyxixl 发表于 2011-11-26 17:21:38 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
Threaded I/O

Some applications can process data faster than the data can be delivered to the application. When an application cannot keep the available CPUs busy, the application is said to be I/O-bound.

SAS supports threaded I/O for SAS applications by providing the SAS Scalable Performance Data (SPD) engine. The SPD engine boosts the performance of SAS applications that are I/O bound through parallel processing of partitioned data sets. Partitioned data sets can span disk drives but still be referenced as a single data set. In this way, the SPD engine can read many millions of observations into SAS applications very rapidly by spawning a thread for each data partition and evaluating WHERE expressions in multiple CPUs. SAS 9.1 support for multiple CPUs, for example on a Symmetric Multiprocessor (SMP) computer, and support for multiple disks per CPU make SPD engine's parallel I/O possible. See SAS Scalable Performance Data Engine: Reference for full details on this engine's capabilities.

The benefits of support for multiple disks in SAS 9.1 is not limited to use by the SPD engine. Multiple disks can be on an SMP computer, but they can also be a bank of disks on a single-CPU computer. Increasing the number of disks that can be accessed simultaneously increases the amount of data that can be delivered to an application. This is because reading or writing data to and from disk takes much more time than the associated CPU processing that directs the I/O. Even a single-CPU computer can support multiple disk drives, which boosts performance. When an SMP computer is used, the performance gain can be quite significant because each CPU can support multiple disk drives. However, multiple CPUs cannot speed up I/O from a single disk drive. The minimum configuration for I/O performance gain is at least one controller per CPU and at least two disk drives for each controller. For example, a site with four CPUs should have at least four controllers and eight disk drives.

使用道具

baojiwolong 发表于 2011-11-29 08:05:06 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
正需要呢,谢谢

使用道具

邢不行 在职认证  发表于 2011-11-29 08:16:20 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢这么热心的楼主 先学习下~
不管去哪里 只要在路上

使用道具

wyxixl 发表于 2013-1-25 20:31:49 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
这一贴技术性比较强,我再顶一次。

使用道具

晴天飘 发表于 2017-5-12 10:02:09 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
好帖  收藏并手动顶了    虽然我其实还没看懂怎么弄。。。。

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注cda
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 04:23