求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
    Power of Money, By Adam Khoo
         ( Singapore 's youngest millionaire at 26 yrs.)

欢迎微博互粉 http://weibo.com/u/2653068573?c=spr_web_sq_firefox_weibo_t001
@范特西的亡灵飞在nankai
Some of you may already know that I travel around the region pretty frequently, having to visit and conduct seminars at my offices in Malaysia , Indonesia , Thailand and Suzhou ( China ). I am in the airport almost every other week so I get to bump into many people who have attended my seminars or have read my books.
    你们一些人可能已经知道我周游整个地区如此的频繁,不得不看望并知道我的研究小组在我阿拉斯加的办公室,还有印度尼西亚,泰国,苏州。我几乎每周都坐飞机,然后冲进很多人中,这些人参加我的研究小组或者读了我的书。
Recently, someone came up to me on a plane to KL and looked rather shocked. He asked, 'How come a millionaire like you is traveling economy?'  My reply was, 'That's why I am a millionaire. ' He still looked pretty confused.

最近,一个人坐飞机来到KL(我不知道这是什么缩写),并且看起来很震惊,他问:“怎么可能像你这样的百万富翁在经济里玩转呢?”我的回答是 那就是我为什么我是百万富翁。他仍然看起来很困惑。
This again confirms that greatest lie ever told about wealth (which I wrote about in my latest book 'Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires'). Many people have been brainwashed to think that millionaires have to wear Gucci, Hugo Boss, Rolex, and sit on first class in air travel. This is why so  many people never become rich because the moment that earn more money, they think that it is only natural that they spend more, putting them back to square one.

这 再一次肯定了一个关于财富伟大的谎言(我将这个谎言写在我了最近的书里"白手起家富翁的秘密")。很多人已经被洗脑了 ,认为富翁不得不穿Gucci,hugo boss,rolex,并且坐在头等舱飞机上这就是为什么很多人从来不是富翁,因为当他们赚更多的钱时,他们认为这是很正常的,然后他们花的更多,又变成 穷人。
The truth is that most self-made millionaires are frugal and only spend on what is necessary and of value. That is why they are able to accumulate and multiply their wealth so much faster.

真相是大部分的白手起家的富翁都是很简朴的,仅仅在那些必要的和有价值的东西上花钱,这就是为什么他们能够积累财富并且几何倍的增加财富如此迅速。
Over the last 7 years, I have saved about 80% of my income while today I save only about 60% (because I have my wife, mother in law, 2 maids, 2 kids, etc. to support).  Still, it is way above most people who save 10% of their income (if they are lucky).

在超过7年的时间,我将我收入的80%攒起来,而现在我仅仅攒60%我的收入,(因为我有老婆,丈母娘,2个佣人,2个孩子 等等来花钱)但我仍然比那些攒10%的收入的人积攒钱的比例要高,(如果他们不花光的话)
I refuse to buy a first class ticket or to buy a $300 shirt because I think that it is a complete waste of money. However, I happily pay $1,300 to send my 2-year old daughter to Julia Gabriel Speech and Drama without thinking twice.

我拒绝坐头等舱,买300美元的T恤,因为我认为那是浪费金钱,然而,我很高兴地想都不想就花1300美元去送我2岁的女儿听Julia Gabriel (一个幼儿教育的专家)的演讲还有戏剧 。
When I joined the YEO (Young Entrepreneur's Orgn)a few years back (YEO) is an exclusive club open to those who are under 40 and make over $1m a year in their own business) I discovered that those who were self-made thought like me.  Many of them with net worth well over $5m,travelled economy class and some even drove Toyota 's and Nissans,not Audis, Mercs, BMWs.
当我参加 YEO (年轻企业家组织)几年前, YEO 是一个高端的俱乐部向40岁以下并且一年赚超过100万美元的人加入。我发现这些白手起家的思想跟我很像。他们很多人的净资产超过5百万美元,坐经济舱 并且开丰田车 或者日产,而不是奥迪 奔驰,宝马。

I noticed that it was only those who never had to work hard to build their own wealth (there were also a few ministers' and tycoons' sons in the club) who spent like there was no tomorrow. Somehow, when you did not have to build everything from scratch, you do not really value money. This is precisely the reason why a family's wealth (no matter how much) rarely lasts past the third generation.         
我发现只有那些不必努力工作来积累财富的人才会没命的花钱,就好像明天他们就不活了似的。从某种意义上说,当你不是白手起家时,你就不值那么那钱,这就是为什么富不过三代的原因, 并且无论他家多有钱。

Thank God my rich dad foresaw this terrible possibility and refused to give me a cent to start my business.
    感谢上天我富有的爸爸预见到糟糕的可能性,而拒绝给我一个子来发展我的事业。
    Then some people ask me, 'What is the point in making so much money if you don't enjoy it?' The thing is that I don't really find happiness in buying branded clothes, jewellery or sitting first class.  Even if buying something makes me happy it is only for a while, it does not last.         
很多人就问我,如果你不享受财富,那赚这么多钱的主要原因是什么呢?事实上,我并没有从买新衣服,珠宝,坐头等舱发现快乐,即使有,也只能是短暂一瞬,不会持久。

Material happiness never lasts, it just give you a quick fix. After a while you feel lousy again and have to buy the next thing which you think will make you happy. I always think that if you need material things to make you happy, then you live a pretty sad and unfulfilled life..         
物质的快乐从来不会持久,那仅仅是一个速成法(而不是持久的东西),过一会,你就再次感到不安,并且不得不买下一个东西来让你快乐。我总是认为如果你需要物质来让自己快乐,那么你就非常悲摧,没有成就感。

Instead, what makes me happy is when I see my children laughing and playing and learning so fast. What makes me happy is when I see my companies and trainers reaching more and more people every year in so many more countries.         
而,使我快乐的是当我看到我的孩子大笑,并且玩耍,并且学习很快,使我高兴的是当我看到我的公司或者培训员每年感染了越来越多的人 在这么多的国家。(我懒着把定语放在前面,大家凑合看)

What makes me really happy is when I read all the emails about how my books and seminars have touched and inspired someone's life.         
使我真正快乐的是当我读到关于我的书的所有的邮件,并且研究小组已经触动并且启发了别人的生活时,我就很高兴。

What makes me really happy is reading all your wonderful posts about how this blog is inspiring you. This happiness makes me feel really good for a long time, much much more than what a Rolex would do for me.         
让我真正快乐的是读了你们所有的关于这个blog正在启发你的反馈,这种幸福让我很久很久时间地感到无比的爽。比rolex品牌给我的爽要多得多。

I think the point I want to put across is that happiness must come from doing your life's work (be it teaching, building homes, designing,trading, winning tournaments etc.) and the money that comes is only a by-product. If you hate what you are doing and rely on the money you earn to make you happy by buying stuff, then I think that you are living a life of meaninglessness
    我想让你明白的是快乐是来自于你生活的付出,比如,教育,建筑,设计,贸易,赢得比赛等等。并且钱仅仅是副产品,如果你痛恨你正在做的工作,并且依赖购买商品来带给你快乐,那么,我认为你的生命跟大便无异。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:中英文翻译 发财秘诀 英文翻译 百万富翁 中英文 中英文翻译 发财秘诀 百万富翁

山东汉子 发表于 2012-10-20 13:03:11 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
牛逼!!!

使用道具

wawaning98 发表于 2012-10-26 22:42:32 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
挺一下

使用道具

山东汉子 发表于 2012-10-26 23:44:17 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
wawaning98 发表于 2012-10-26 22:42
挺一下
xiexie~

使用道具

315022300 发表于 2012-11-5 10:55:13 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
看看

使用道具

同意。我很幸运正在从事我所喜欢的工作。虽然刚入行好多不懂,但是我在努力!

使用道具

山东汉子 发表于 2012-11-9 11:10:14 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
仰望半月的夜空 发表于 2012-11-8 15:36
同意。我很幸运正在从事我所喜欢的工作。虽然刚入行好多不懂,但是我在努力!

使用道具

拜读了!谢谢楼主分享这么好的文章

P.S.

1.KL指马来西亚首都吉隆坡 Kuala Lumpur;

2.有一处翻译的有点问题“'How come a millionaire like you is traveling economy?'  应为"像你这样的百万富翁怎么可能坐经济舱?"。

使用道具

山东汉子 发表于 2012-11-11 23:04:15 |显示全部楼层 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢斧正!

使用道具

你好,这个在哪里看完整版呀?

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:41