应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

When I studied my TOEFL exam, I knew less than 2000 wordsand barely knew any pronunciation for the vocabulary. The only thing I knew wasto pass the exam and to study abroad. At that time (around 2000), studyingabroad is a very good thing and seems very promising to students. I was one ofthose who had dream about studying abroad.

However, thing was not that kind of easy. My pronunciationwas too bad, people barely understood my English. My vocabulary was poor, anddid not understand many words, far away from the minimum requirement for TOEFL(5000 words). It will be next chapter that what could I do to overcome thoseproblems andgot my scholarship in US.

Thank you for reading this note.
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Experience experie sharing Aring TOEFL experience

已有 1 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
victor_liu11 + 20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 已处理

总评分: 经验 + 20  论坛币 + 10  学术水平 + 1  热心指数 + 2  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

沙发
shirley923 发表于 2013-9-22 14:52:20 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Following my previous posting, I studied really hard on English. My background of English was so weak that I had to begin from learning A, B… and 音标. However, I told myself that I had to work hard on English if I really want to go abroad and study in a foreign country.
Thank you for reading this note.  Will continue.

使用道具

藤椅
shirley923 发表于 2013-9-22 14:57:34 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I began from NEW CONCEPT English 1, then new concept English 2… till 4. Do you think I was done with my English study?
Actually not, the more challenging study was TOEFL, too many new words, strange grammars and reading. I had to practice at least two real exam questions every day. I forgot how long I spent on the study, just remember I saw the sunrise and sunset every day. This kind of study continues about one year, I improved my TOEFL score more 100 points. Although my score still was nothing or a joke compared with those who are really good at English and taking exam. But at least, it was an encouragement  to me.

使用道具

板凳
victor_liu11 发表于 2013-9-22 19:25:52 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
It's nice.

使用道具

报纸
shirley923 发表于 2013-9-23 02:24:46 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
09/22/13 NOTE1
To be able take TOEFL test armed with only less than 2000 familiar words, I began to practice historical TOEFL exams taking review classes at 新东方. 新东方 is an amazing school and very energetic. I had never seen so many students studying together in the summer. More than 500 students sat for about 3 hours in a classroom that was a 厂房 without air condition. I could not even read anything in my first day studying there because sweat too much and my eyes were blocked by sweat. Second time, I was better and could manage beginning study. However, concentrating on something too difficult for me was a real challenging after 6 years out of school. I hardly understood anything about the TOEFL questions and sweat, sweat…, worrying whether I could even take such kind of test in my life time.

使用道具

地板
shirley923 发表于 2013-9-23 02:43:50 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
09/22/13 NOTE 2
不求喝采声,只求鼓励同路人.
I was amazed by teachers’ zeal and intelligence of students sitting around me. I asked around how many words they could memorize a day. I heard from 800-1100 words a day. The first summer was full of energy, zeal, intensive study with the hope that my TOEFL score would have a dramatic improvement. I decided to take a first TOEFL test in my life after studying about less than one year English beginning from scratch.  I knew it sounds stupid for those geniuses who are good at study and taking tests. However, it was very hard for me because after 6 years out of school, I forgot how to study, especially learning a foreign language. Luckily, I got a personal tutor and had a lot of friends who spoke excellent English. The enthusiasm and encouraging stories from新东方 empowered me. I studied day and night to prepare my first test. When the test result came out, it appeared that my score was not good enough even enter into an undergraduate program abroad. I already studied for about one year and quit my job. Should I back to workforce or continue preparing my TOEFL and GMAT tests?

使用道具

shirley923 发表于 2013-9-23 02:51:42 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
09/22/13 NOTE 3
不求喝采声,只求鼓励同路人.
Finally, I figured out a best way for me to improve my foundation of English and sharpen my test taking skills. I began to take English classes at Beijing University of Foreign Language and continue my classes at新东方. No matter you believe or not, I had taken about 10 classes at新东方, two (forgot exact numbers) classes at Beijing University of Foreign Language. Finally, I improved my TOEFL score by 150 points, a score I could apply graduate program in US.
Would you like to guess how I studied GMAT? How got my first scholarship in an MBA program?
My note on TOEFL study ends here. Please feel free to discuss any questions if you like. I will try to reply you asap.
Thank you for reading this note.  Will continue with a different topic.

使用道具

shirley923 发表于 2013-9-23 02:53:14 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
such as how to prepare application materials to apply an graduate program in US, how to prepare CPA exam...

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 07:19