赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
Michel Anteby

Associate Professor of Business Administration

Michel Anteby is an Associate Professor and Marvin Bower Fellow in the Organizational Behavior area at the Harvard Business School. He teaches in the School's MBA, doctoral, and executive programs, most recently the second-year MBA elective "Managing Human Capital" course, the doctoral "Design of Field Research Methods" course, and in the executive “Leading Change and Corporate Renewal” and “Talent Management” programs.

His research mainly examines occupational and organizational cultures. More specifically, he tries to understand how meaning is built at work and how moral orders are sustained. He has pursued these questions through the lens of diverse social groups (e.g., academics, clinical anatomists, and factory craftsmen). In doing so, he has looked at the many ways individuals sustain chosen cultures and identities: for instance, by engaging in collective forgetting or deviant behaviors. Field settings for these inquiries include whole-body donation programs, manufacturing workshop, and higher-education.

He is the author of Manufacturing Morals: The Values of Silence in Business School Education (University of Chicago Press, forthcoming) and Moral Gray Zones: Side-Productions, Identity, and Regulation in an Aeronautic Plant(Princeton University Press, 2008). His work has appeared in the Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Ethnography,Organization Science, Social Science & Medicine, and Sociologie du Travail. He serves on the editorial boards of Administrative Science Quarterly andOrganization Science.

Michel earned a joint Ph.D. in sociology from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS, Paris) and in management from New York University. He holds a MA in economics from the Sorbonne and a MPA from Harvard. He grew up in France, previously worked as a consultant (focusing on labor issues), and remains affiliated as a Research Fellow with the Centre de Sociologie des Organisations in Paris.

详细介绍请见:https://bbs.pinggu.org/thread-2714238-1-1.html

Q&A汇总:

Q1:坛友bkeview:

Dear Dr.Anteby,

I would like your guidance for the following:

1)Of hierachical management and flat management, which one could be considered  better for teamwork?

Looking forward to your savvy insight.Thank you very much in advance for your kind goodwill and patience.

A1:

It all depends what kind of teamwork is being done. If the tasks are individual, not need for “teamwork” and a hierarchical structure can work fine. If the task is collective, you might need a flat structure will people interact with each other at the same level. So it all depends on the nature of the work assigned to team-members.

Q2:坛友yu.william.wang:

Dear Prof. Anteby,

A lot of critics have emerged about bureaucracy’s comeback with numbers men--the linear programmers, the budget experts, and financial analysts to control the chaotic situation around the world in that companies used to be physical assets, run by families and their helpers, whereas nowadays they are largely people, helped by physical assets. Instead, it will be more attractive to people with the innovative and rapidly changing organizations that are made up of temporary groups, temporary authority systems, temporary leadership and role assignments, and democratic access to the goals of the firm within a wide set of industries and markets characterized by rapidly changing technologies and unstable, turbulent environments. But it will be so hard to achieve such a balance between the inside harmony and outside shocks from constantly changing business environment. So which governance structure and other useful plans may be considered and chosen to obtain such a balance?

Really appreciate your kind answers!!

A2:

Numbers men and women rarely inspire the world, they might rule it but they do not make is dream. Think of who you admire and whether they count numbers: my bet is no.

Q3:坛友jcyang:

Dear Prof. Anteby,

As GE's former CEO Jack Welch suggested his infamous 20-70-10 employee evaluation, how can he be confident that the top performance guys are really the greatest? Will it moral that the low performanced team's top 20% be treat better

than a high performance one's middle 70%? Is therea Halo effect that once  someone is chosen to the top 20%, there will be little chance for others, especially in a senario that it is hardto tell who's better?

A3:

Forced curves only work when you are dealing with a large number of employees and when hiring average ones upon entry. If you can detect high-performers upfront, there is no reason to adopt a forced grading curve.

Q4:坛友marx31:

What is learning process?How to identify and explain one type of style and indicate the style of learning style occupations those who with learning style might have? thank you

A4:

We all are good at something, the trick is to figure out at what we are good at. We also have different styles suited to different jobs… explore and test your talents and styles.

Q5:坛友玄一无相:

Dear Dr.Anteby

The move from rationality to Bounded rationality is part of the observation that the present situation in economics could be characterized as one of moderate pluralism. Which have induced great influence in economics study.

1.What is your opinion about the basis assumption about rationality choice or bounded rationality?

A5:

My training is in sociology not economics, so I cannot guide you here. Knowing one’s own limits is important!

Q6:坛友liubingzsd:

Dear Dr.Anteby,

In a team ,how to be a leader in it?What's your opinion of the leadership?and how to foramt a special culture in it to strengthen the power of a team?

Really appreciate your kind answers!!

A6:

Leadership is a collective pursuit. No leader is alone, distributed leadership is often crucial to success. We all are leaders in our own ways.

Q7:坛友tlali88:

Dear Dr.Anteby,

I am honored to ask you two questions, firstly,what make you be interested in study area in moral? thank you so much for offering your career experience.

A7:

Distinguishing right from wrong is a universal question. That’s why I study it.

Q8:坛友方日铭:

Dear Dr.Anteby,

I'd like to know "How to suit yourself in a new organization as soon as possible"?

A8:

Find a mentor inside that organization.

Q9:坛友Jabin_liao:

Dear Prof. Anteby,

I‘m interested in economy.But I know a little about Organizational Behavior,would you give me some advices how to learn?Eg, When government take a venture,what should be considered for residents? Thanks!

A9:

Finding the right economic solution is often easy, implementing it is much harder – that’ where org behavior courses come in handy.

Q10:坛友xjzb:

HI ,Dr.Anteby,glade to learn something from you .I'm a junior learning security .I want to know if i want to be aninvestment analysts what should Ilearn in my college life according to your education?

A10:

Managing people is key to organizational success. I would encourage not to only take finance and accounting courses. You need them but they will only help when paired with other courses.

Q11:坛友Miracle__!:

Dear Prof. Anteby,

We know that there is a unique research approach in Organization Behavior,which is called top management team incentive. What's your opinion on it?Do you think it is a promising research topic?Does compensation incentive and equity incentive really have a impressive influence on corporate performance?

Thank you very much!

A11:

While economic incentive are quite powerful, I always feel that alternate non-economic incentives work best on the long run.

Q12:坛友浩瀚之翔:

Dear Dr.Anteby,It is my great honor to ask you some questions.in order to manage human capital,what should we do in our daily life?Could you lease describe it in more detail?Thank you.

A12:

Learn, take risks, and get to know yourself

Q13:坛友若水i闲冰:

Dear Dr.Anteby,I want to konw how to identify and decide our partner's the most suitable role in a team and how to encourage them to try their best to create the best benefit.And in our present study or futural work,howto prepare for or face with some incidents in our teamwork?Thank you for your answers!

A13:

Try stretching their roles and assignments: only in real-life can you see what someone can or cannot do.

Q14:坛友xueyingzhao:

Dear Dr.Anteby,I'd like to ask you two question:1.What do you think about the book <The Crowd> written by Gustave Le Bon?(Do you agree with the ideas of the author?) Thank you very much.

A14:

Le Bon is an astute observers of everyday life and many of his ideas are still relevant  today.

Q15:坛友你好三毛:

Dear Dr.Anteby, Here are some questions I want to ask:1. The management of human capital, such as the potential to become a high-performance organization sources of competitive advantage? Looking forward to your answer shrewd, very grateful.

A15:

Most high-performing organizations manage their human capital in very purpusefull ways. The more you can manage it, the better.

Q16:坛友如此便好:

Dear Dr.Anteby,1.The humanity-centered human resources management of Japanese model and the performance oriented American business model, Which one is suited for the Chinese to adapt for its staff management.

A16:

I believe model cross-cultures. Moreover, all organizations in China are not similar, so there is room to try and test all models across all cultures.

Q17:坛友大仙儿9:

Dear Dr.Anteby,

I am a freshman in Central University of Finance and Economics in China.I major in the asset appraisal.But I am interested in Game theory, and I want to learn it by myself,what book or article do you recommend? I am looking forward to your reply .Thanks a million.

A17:

Thinking Fast and Slow” (2011) by Daniel Kahneman

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Organization Behavior Michel 哈佛商学院 ATION 哈佛商学院

附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?我要注册
已有 2 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 收起 理由
kychan + 10 精彩帖子
观世鹰 + 20 + 1 + 2 精彩帖子

总评分: 经验 + 30  学术水平 + 1  热心指数 + 2   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

真心一句废话没有啊~

使用道具

藤椅
bkeview 发表于 2013-12-5 22:25:26 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
只回答一个问题,遗憾,失望!组织者事先应跟大家说明这个规则.

使用道具

板凳
gyqznufe 发表于 2013-12-6 04:06:31 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
study ing
知常容·容乃公·公乃王!
创新源于学、问、思、行、果!
言传身教,请用事实与数据说话!
舍而得之:福、禄、寿、喜、财

使用道具

报纸
资料狂人 在职认证  发表于 2013-12-6 08:13:49 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
bkeview 发表于 2013-12-5 22:25
只回答一个问题,遗憾,失望!组织者事先应跟大家说明这个规则.
组织者也表示有些失望~
这帖子在坛里一个月,这些问题有些不符合这个时间段~

所有的问题组织者修改了一遍不说(主要是单词拼写方面),老师还修改了一下~

所以组织者真心呼吁大家多多关注,提问的时候注意细节~
先感谢啦~
已有 1 人评分经验 收起 理由
kychan + 10 对论坛有贡献

总评分: 经验 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

地板
小崔znl 发表于 2013-12-6 08:36:53 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
支持支持!

使用道具

Airta 发表于 2013-12-6 15:16:42 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
看不太懂

使用道具

天堂之路 发表于 2013-12-6 18:53:47 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
支持一下啊啊

使用道具

liyishi 发表于 2013-12-7 15:36:41 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
   不在能力范围内。

使用道具

wesson_hong 发表于 2013-12-8 11:20:49 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 18:58