应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
I was wondering if there are discussions, examples of studies, or book chapters which model randomly varying slopes while disregarding intercepts. I am facing a situation where the dv (overall job performance) needs to be standardized within organization due to variations in scaling (e.g,. 3-, 5-, and 7-point rating scales). As a result, all lines pass through the same point on the y-axis thus eliminating between-unit variance in the outcome (i.e., ICC of zero).

I have variables originating at three levels (individual, task, organization) and theoretical predictions on when the relationship between
particular individual differences and overall job performance should vary in strength. In other words, I am only interested in cross-level
interactions. At this point, I am wondering if it would make more sense to use ordinary least squares regression or, perhaps, sift through the date for comparable scaling to model randomly varying intercepts. Thanks!
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:interactions interaction intercepts Intercept interact individual interested comparable particular situation

沙发
Trevor 发表于 2014-3-11 21:44:35 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I encountered a similar situation in which the level-1 intercept I was studying did not significantly vary across level 2 units but I detected a cross-level interaction and had a theoretical reason to do so. Snidjers and Bosker discuss exceptions to the precondition of significant random intercept variance on pg. 106 of their book "Multilevel Analysis" (2nd ed.).

使用道具

藤椅
Trevor 发表于 2014-3-11 21:45:17 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Given your a priori hypothesis regarding the presence of an interaction, there is no need to observe a large ICC to proceed with your cross-level interaction test. For more detailed information on this issue, see the following article available at http://mypage.iu.edu/~haguinis/pubs.html

Aguinis, H., Gottfredson, R. K., & Culpepper, S. A. 2013. Best-practice recommendations for estimating cross-level interaction effects using multilevel modeling. Journal of Management, 39: 1490-1528.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-23 14:17