经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Introductory Statistics with R (Statistics and Computing).rar (2.17 MB) 本附件包括:

• 0387790535.pdf

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0387790535?ie=UTF8&tag=ebc-21

Introductory Statistics with R (Statistics and Computing)
by Peter Dalgaard

Paperback: 364 pages
Publisher: Springer; 2nd ed. edition (1 Sep 2008)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0387790535
ISBN-13: 978-0387790534

Product Description:

R is an Open Source implementation of the S language. It works on multiple computing platforms and can be freely downloaded. R is now in widespread use for teaching at many levels as well as for practical data analysis and methodological development.

This book provides an elementary-level introduction to R, targeting both non-statistician scientists in various fields and students of statistics. The main mode of presentation is via code examples with liberal commenting of the code and the output, from the computational as well as the statistical viewpoint. A supplementary R package can be downloaded and contains the data sets.

The statistical methodology includes statistical standard distributions, one- and two-sample tests with continuous data, regression analysis, one- and two-way analysis of variance, regression analysis, analysis of tabular data, and sample size calculations. In addition, the last six chapters contain introductions to multiple linear regression analysis, linear models in general, logistic regression, survival analysis, Poisson regression, and nonlinear regression.

In the second edition, the text and code have been updated to R version 2.6.2. The last two methodological chapters are new, as is a chapter on advanced data handling. The introductory chapter has been extended and reorganized as two chapters. Exercises have been revised and answers are now provided in an Appendix.

------------------------------------------

Summary: Read this after Using R for Introductory Statistics
Rating: 5

This is a great intro-intermediate R book for intro stats.
I recommend you to read "Using R for Introductory Statistics" by John Verzani first, if you know general things about stats.
Using R is written in more step-by-step way and there are a lot of repetitions that helped you learn R language by merely reading through the book.
After you finish Using R, proceed to Dalgaard's book.
As one of the reviewer said, Dalgaard's book can be a concise reference book since it covers more stuff than Using R does.
It is a nice, compact book on many techniques, but it sometimes lacks suffice explanations.
This is why Using R should come first and Dalgaard's book comes next.
If you finish these books, you are ready to explore other R and S-Plus books as you need.

Summary: Intro. stats with R
Rating: 3

This book seems like an excellent reference if you read though it in order and follow along using the example dataset provided online. However, I find that the transition to using my own data is far from clear. The book does not prepare you very well for using your own data, and barely discusses any type of matrices. This book if for univariate analysis, and univariate data.
As a reference it is definitely not as well suited. Looking up a topic in the index and jumping to that page often drops you in the middle of an example and you have to go back to the beginning of the at least the chapter to understand what's going on.
Basically after using this book I have found that though I can parrot the examples on the page, I do not understand the reasoning behind the code. Therefore when I go on to try and use my own data, I do not have the understanding and vocabulary necessary to adjust the commands to the needs of my dataset. For example there is a section on graphics (chapter 3) but I was not able to use it to help me figure out how to label a simple chart, unless it was the same chart that was used in the example.

Summary: Good book on how to use R for basic statistical analysis
Rating: 4

If you are new to statistics or have a limited knowledge of basic programming skills this book is not for you. If you understand basic statistics and know something about programming then this is an excellent introduction to how to use R to perform basic statistical analysis. It is not an R manual, as was stated in the preface. Nor is it an introductory statistics book by itself. It describes the analysis technique in high level, walks through the analysis step by step, and shows you how to use R to do the analysis. The chapter on linear models, specifically where he designs the matrices and dummy variables was a bit confusing. That was the only issue I had with the book.

Summary: Fast shipping, good quality. Thanks!

The shipping is fast and the book arrived in good quality. I appreciate it very much. Thanks!

Summary: Excellent resource

I bought this book a little over a year ago when a friend and colleague insisted I learn the R system for our collaborative work. I am not a professional statistician, but an engineer and researcher who needs and uses statistics in the course of my professional work.

I found this book approachable and informative from the non-professional perspective. (That is, from the viewpoint of a non-statistician.) I found enough examples to guide me through the process of bringing my datasets into the R environment, and then enough guidance to get me through the initial analyses necessary to make meaningful use of the statistical computations contained within the R system.

There are many other texts that treat the kinds of advanced statistics capability in the R system. Those are also necessary references for the non-statistician. There are also other texts on using the graphics subsystem present in R (which is substantial). Those references are also useful for preparation of reports and other written material.

But, this text is most useful as a primer for the system and is a first source on my shelf when I need to know the "how-to" of the basics. Then, if my needs are more substantial than those addressed by Dalgaard, I'll turn to other references.

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Introductory Statistics statistic Statist Statis Statistics Introductory

已有 4 人评分学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
econpractice + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
冬泉HY + 1 + 1 + 1 奖励积极上传好的资料
耕耘使者 + 1 good book
xiaobing212 + 1 奖励积极上传好的资料

总评分: 学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 4  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

本帖被以下文库推荐

沙发
wesker1999 发表于 2009-3-10 00:08:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
这个是第二版。

[此贴子已经被作者于2009-3-10 0:09:21编辑过]

使用道具

藤椅
lijun691201 发表于 2009-3-10 16:17:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

GOOD BOOK,THANKS

使用道具

板凳
wesker1999 发表于 2009-3-10 17:30:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
以下是引用lijun691201在2009-3-10 16:17:00的发言:

GOOD BOOK,THANKS

资深潜水员的第一帖,荣幸。。。

使用道具

报纸
ruiqwy 发表于 2009-3-10 18:27:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢!!好书啊!!包租婆果然不同凡响!!
R is the second language for me!Using R is standing on the shoulders of giants!   Let\'s use R together!

使用道具

地板
fytp 发表于 2009-3-10 18:42:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
包租婆,我爱你,哈哈哈

使用道具

lightclock 发表于 2009-3-11 13:42:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
真是神仙姐姐哦

使用道具

zhangary 发表于 2009-3-18 23:05:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

很不错,不顶不行!

We all learn by doing, by experimenting (often failing) and by asking questions.

使用道具

dle 发表于 2009-3-20 23:03:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
thank you very,very, very much

使用道具

ljufang 在职认证  发表于 2009-3-21 08:00:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

GREAT!

沉潜

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注cda
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 01:46