应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

In the investment analysis and portfolio management, I feel difficult to understand the capm model. How can we get the efficient frontier?

Thanks

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:question Quest CAPM APM cap 求助 CAPM question

沙发
VicSi 发表于 2005-3-2 12:25:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

come on ,with your passation.

使用道具

藤椅
Justin 发表于 2005-3-4 07:35:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

CAPM is based on the analysis of Mea-Variance Model. In MV Model he efficient frontier is a line which can maximize the ultility of investors and minimize the risks of the portfolio. To get Efficient Frontier mathematically, we can minimize the deviation of portfolio subject to maximize the utility function of investor. Put it in an intuitive way, the EF is just the parabola of effient sets allowing risk free borrowing and lending. If we assume that there are risk free borrowing and lending and existence of risk free asset, we therefore can draw a tangent line with the parabolic line. That line is the line we call EF. For the assumption of facing the same EF and Market portforlio( market portfolio can be obtained by "two fund theorem"), we employ the "two fund separation" to draw a line, the Capital Market Line. This line is the same with the EF we described early. However, there are still some misleading if the interest rates of borrowing and lending are different. So we can adjust the EF in MV model, EF can be devided by three parts straight-line, parabola and then straight line again.

We have different EF to reflect different assumptions indeed, such only with risk free borrowing but withour lending whatever. If there is not a risk free asset, the EF can be above half part of opportunity sets frontier, that is a half of parabola.

I hope my argument is useful and helpful for you, mate.

I strongly recommand you to cover the book INVESTMENTS BY SHARPE. It is really superb for our module cos you know this smart guy is the inventor of CAPM. Cheers!

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 15:37