有的人责任心重,做什么事都兢兢业业,把外在的规则看得远重于个人感受,以至于这种“责任心”最后演化成了没有得到好结果、就不得解脱的“负罪感”。
有的人则相反,不仅毫无责任感,还最擅长花言巧语、推卸责任。这时候如果他们身边冒出一个像前者那样的人,就最好了,分分钟要露出本性,成为“甩锅王”。
fall guy
You decided to set up Mitchell as a fall guy.
是你设计了米歇尔,让她背了黑锅。
I'm notthe one who chose Lincoln Burrows as the fall guy.
选择栽赃林克柏劳的人不是我。
02.推卸责任
pass the buck
Bob tried to pass the buck -- he tried to blame someone else for the deficit. His lie did not work, however. He ended up in jail.
鲍勃企图推卸责任,试图指责是其他人造成了赤字。然而,他的谎话并未奏效,最终入狱。
No, I'm not trying to pass the buck here; I know that it was me who is ultimately responsible for getting this done.
不,我并不是要推卸责任;我知道我才是那个要对这份工作的完成负最后责任的人。
03.责任止于此,不再追究责任
the buck stops here
- I will take personal responsibility for the change I want to see. Never mind the backstop, the buck stops here.我会为自己想看到的变革负全责。不要有任何顾虑,一切责任由我承担。
- U.S. President Harry Truman once remarked: The buck stops here!美国总统杜鲁门曾经说过:“责任止于此!”
04.指责
finger-pointing
- How long can the finger-pointing last?这些指责能够持续多久?
- Do you see what we're doing here, all this fighting and finger pointing?你懂了我们是在干嘛了吗,所有这些争吵这些纠纷?
05.摆脱干系,摆脱某人
wash one's hands of
- Otherwise, we are washing our hands of him.拿不到的话我们就得把他扫地出门了。
- European leaders can no longer wash their hands of responsibility as they continue to fund the Croatian border police.如果欧盟继续资助克罗地亚边境警察局,欧盟领导人将不能摆脱干系。
06.逍遥法外,全身而退
get away with it
- And she's going to get away with it.并且她会逍遥法外。
- Maybe I won't get away with it. 也许我不会全身而退。