myJGw 发表于 2018-6-29 23:18:11 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
2018-06-29

昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读319小时

1. 今天阅读到的有价值的全文内容链接:
Digital Transformation — What It Takes
https://www.pmi.org/learning/tra ... rojectified-podcast

2.今天阅读到的有价值的内容段落摘录:

AnandSwaminathan:

Theproblem is most digital natives, and what digital has taught us is,it's... there are no boundaries, there are no longer these lines andsilos, and organizations that continue to operate in silos thatthey're not willing to create a link or interface across... theyreally, really struggle, in terms of adopting and, and creating andarriving at the new destination with digital.

whatdigital teaches you and what digital enables is this cross-disciplineteam mindset.Such as, createcross-functional cross-disciplined teams that are all stacked againstsolving a new set of customer problems or a new set of corporateemployee problems'

theharder and harder it is to actually break down a silo, so what youneed to create is this effective bridge.

Let'screate that interface, and this... the glue between each of ourbusiness units, and that was a massive culture shift that they wentthrough in order to create the next set of outcomes for them andwhere GE digital and GE now is today.

theway this is really happening and the way it's necessary tofundamentally changes, what are the ways in which we are serving ourcustomers? How are we thinking about serving our customers? What ishappening with our employees? I think grounding ourselves that theculture change is happening, when we think about that customermindset, when we think about the employee mindset, that's when thechange Stephen happens very effectively, but it is something thatis... it is mandatory.

Doyou break down the silos or do you create a bridge? myanswer to that question by the way is, in most organizations you haveto figure out how to create an extremely effective bridge; breakingthem down is possible, and trying to create the silos down but thelarger and larger the organization is, the harder and harder it is toactually break down a silo, so what you need to create is thiseffective bridge. These new rules of chief data officer, chief datascientist, chief digital officer, these are the roles to drive thosebridges, and to create the bridges, because what these individualsdo, is in many cases they are digital natives or they are people witha steeped background in change and technology and culture management.So what these folks come and do is they say 'how can I build thatbridge very effectively, very fast, how do I do that, how do I makethat happen.

digitalagain is evolving at such an incredibly fast pace that digital isindeed something that is always evolutionary, and what's interestingis how should we think about our, ourselves, the roles inorganization, everything else it will be temporary, it'll keep onevolving, and I think this is gonna happen more and more and more,because we're gonna find that digital is just ever-changing, customerexpectations are ever-changing, employee expectations areever-changing, because of that we're gonna have to have organizationsthat are quite amoeba-like and can keep changing shape, keep changingroles, and you bring in these temporary, you know solutions ortemporary roles, to give yourself the right momentum, point yourselfin the right direction, but be ready to abandon those once that is nolonger needed and go to the next stage.

oneof the things that we all need to be doing right now is learningabout everything that's happening within our industry. So if we havea specific industry that we're working in, we need to know what'sgoing on, what's happening in our industry, what the disruptionreally is across our industry; it is a must right now. So I actuallyStephen read about 50 articles a day,  and the reason I do that isjust to try to keep up. I read a number of publications, and you knowinstead of just reading books I try to read these articles becauseInk Magazine will tell you about that founder who's inventing a brandnew way of doing payroll processing, and you're going 'oh my gosh'you know? 'If I were ADP I'd watch out', or 'if I was a benefitsadministrator I'd watch out', because you've got ZenPayrolls,Zenefits and five other companies coming out, rebuilding an industrythat is so historic, that is so you know basic, and has been thereforever, so reading is one way that I, I really find it prepares mefor what's going on. The second element of it is actually going ontours, um, and so what I mean by that is, going on virtual tours orphysical tours of what does good with digital actually look like?reading and seeing what GE Digital is doing, reading or seeing theinterviews with ING, so I go on these virtual tours of theseorganizations where these companies talk about what have they gonethrough, what have they been through, what does that change journeylook like, and really understanding how that's happening, becausethat helps me understand 'okay, what do I need to do in myorganization, what do I need to do in my role'. And the third thing Ido is I fundamentally try to educate myself on what is the role oftechnology in my business, so how can digital and other capabilitiesin my business actually change the way I work and I live today, andadopting, not being afraid to adopt it when Apple Pay as an examplecame out, I immediately went down the street that morning that ApplePay was available, to pay with your you know Apple watch, or to paywith your iPhone, I rushed down to the Whole Foods because they wereone of the places that accepted Apple Pay and I immediately boughtsome groceries and I said 'great, let me test it out'. I then wentdown to Radio Shack and then bought a device from there because Isaid 'great, they accept Apple Pay'. It was for me, 'how do I quicklylearn about these new capabilities, how do I embrace myself in that',because that allows me to be a more effective communicator and a moreeffective manager, in my organization. So these are some of the waysStephen I think it's important to be able to stay ahead.

froma soft skills perspective, it's, it's mindset. Quite frankly it'sabout you know things like far more listening, less talking, thesedays, it's just trying to understand and listen much more because,others fundamentally note that, that 18 year old kid or 16 year oldkid who's inventing the next way in which we might communicate ortalk tomorrow, knows more about it than I ever will and so listening,being open-minded. Other part of it is actually being completelyflexible and ready for change. It's not being bound by 'well, whattitle do I have, what role do I have, what career path and trajectorydo I have', instead, 'how am I going to have the opportunity to learnthe most that I can, and how can I be very flexible in my workingstyle and my working environment ready to work with any kinds offolks who come in, how do I rethink that', and I think it's thatmindset again, it's culture, it's an individual culture change thathappens with digital because it's a new way that we need to operatein your own environments.

3.今天阅读的自我思考点评感想

(1)two elements of culture to check for digital transformation: one ishow must the culture be different in the future in order for this tosucceed? Another is looking at the current culture and saying what isit about this current culture that will be good at or not good atexecuting this transformation.

(2)New Digital world: thereare no boundaries, there are no longer theprevious linesand silos. what digital teaches you and what digital enables is thecross-discipline team mindset.

(3)In mostorganizations you haveto createan extremely effective bridge; breaking silosdown is possible, buthard for larger organization,so what you need to create is this effective bridge.

(4)To prepare yourself better for digital transformation:  learneverything that's happening within our industry.  read about 50articles a day:  publications, books,  virtual tours of theorganizations,  educate yourelf on what is the role of technology inyour business.

(5) soft skills perspective:  mindset.  Listening and being open-minded: how am I going to have the opportunity to learn the most that I can,and how can I be very flexible in my working style and my workingenvironment ready to work with any kinds of folks who come in, um,how do I rethink that?

已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 80 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 80   查看全部评分

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 11:49