楼主: yyu
2429 5

looking for applied linear statitical models 5th edtion by Kutner, Nachtsheim, N [推广有奖]

• 0关注
  • 0粉丝

大专生

3%

还不是VIP/贵宾

-

威望
论坛币
16629 个
通用积分
学术水平
1 点
热心指数
0 点
信用等级
0 点
经验
667 点
帖子
精华
在线时间
14 小时
注册时间
2005-1-26
最后登录
2022-3-7

+2 论坛币
k人 参与回答

经管之家送您一份

应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
Hi, I am looking for that book. If you have one, would you please post it or contact with me?
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Nachtsheim Statitica statitic Applied looking Applied Nachtsheim edtion kutner Neter

沙发
hanszhu 发表于 2005-1-28 05:33:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

藤椅
hanszhu 发表于 2005-1-28 05:34:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Editorial Reviews
From Book News, Inc. A textbook for use in undergraduate or graduate courses in linear statistical models, and in second courses in applied statistics. Blends theory and applications, avoiding the extremes of presenting theory in isolation and of giving applications without theoretical foundation. Assumes an introductory course in statistical inference. Annotation copyright Book News, Inc. Portland, Or.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. Product Description: There are two approaches to undergraduate and graduate courses in linear statistical models and experimental design in applied statistics. One is a two-term sequence focusing on regression followed by ANOVA/Experimental design. Applied Linear Statistical Models serves that market. It is offered in business, economics, statistics, industrial engineering, public health, medicine, and psychology departments in four-year colleges and universities, and graduate schools. Applied Linear Statistical Models is the leading text in the market. It is noted for its quality and clarity, and its authorship is first-rate. The approach used in the text is an applied one, with an emphasis on understanding of concepts and exposition by means of examples. Sufficient theoretical foundations are provided so that applications of regression analysis can be carried out comfortably. The fourth edition has been updated to keep it current with important new developments in regression analysis.
<STYLE type=text/css></STYLE>

使用道具

板凳
hanszhu 发表于 2005-1-28 05:36:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

I have used this book when it was in its first edition and only by Neter and Wasserman. An absolute must for those who use linear models (regression and ANOVA) and want the most exhaustive book out there. This book is one of the rare texts that is also extremely well written. You can not go wrong reading it and studying it on your own. If you can take only one statistics book with you, this is the one. I use the 4th edition so much, I wore my first one out and am now on the second.

cannot recommend this book highly enough, especially if one is struggling through a grad level stats course. I spent days looking through texts and reading material on the web, this is the book that is detailed enough and explanatory enough so that I finally understood what was going on with statistics. I went from confused about stats to enjoying them, primarily due to this book. I have it tabbed and write all my class notes in this one... this is a keeper. I am looking forward to the fifth edition if they ever do one.... this text covers regression, logistic regression, correlation, anova and study design (actually covers the material for 3 different stats programs in this one text)--- over 1300 pages and all worth reading!!!(reading hint for the confused.... pay little attention to the reams of formulae and lots of attention to the editorial comments, explanations and discussions that accompany the formulae)

This book seems very difficult and long to read at first, but as soon as I got into the habit of using this book, this is really a great book to have. The terminologies are very easy to understand and yet not redundant, and it has some great reference areas in the sections that you could look up for information when you need to work on an exercise or a project. The exercises in the back of each section are ample enough so that you can have a firm grasp of the material after working on those exercise. This book is useful and is a must have for any math/stat student!

Enjoy...

Wonderful explanation of regression methods with many worked examples. The book is very detailed and covers practically everything you need to know on the topic. It also comes with a disk containing the example datasets. I used it for years in graduate school and still use it today. If you work through the book, you can teach yourself all about regression - everything you need is there (although no free lunch - this isn't exactly easy material)

I was only interested in regression, when younger, as this seemed to be useful in physics labs and in scientific literature. Early programmable calculators could do regressions. But what was behind this mysterious line through the points? This book explains it every way they can think of...there are so many ways they apply the simple y=mx+b that once you can master the line in cartesian space the rest is easy. I took this book in the two semester suggested way with regression first, ANOVA second. I did very well with these course and got a stats degree. I am very fond of this book now. Yes, my data diskette was corrupted at one point and I did have to ask our professor to make me a copy. I also agree with another reviewer that the examples are good. These allowed me to learn about the application areas and remain critical of the models. However, I can see that this book could confuse some and it is very expensive. Also I agree that when solving the later problems in the book one has to flip back to the first occurance of the dataset but if your working on a computer this isn't really as much of a problem. But it is still a problem because you have to know what variable is what. A favorite school book? Yes it is.

使用道具

报纸
greywind 发表于 2005-3-30 10:44:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

我找了半天,没有,

那位有呀,传一个!!!

[em01]

使用道具

地板
goodfine1210 发表于 2008-7-15 00:23:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

I want this book too.

I appreciate it if who can load up one.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 13:24