楼主: eros_zz
9026 76

[财经英语角区] Follow Me 六月即将升级 敬请期待 [推广有奖]

cinbasky 发表于 2011-5-30 12:55:22 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
2# eros_zz
19  15

This article is not a typical economic review, but it tells us something interesting from the other side. We may not have considered the welfare of the companies from their own perspectives, while we are always criticize them for organizing coalitions to manipulate the markets' prices. Sometimes we need to think about that the business men are the same as us, they own companies but they are also consumers to other companies. The late news about the unsalable cabbages in Shandong province is a reflection of the producers' troubles. And the degree of the government's interventions is another problem the businesses are now facing with, the government is playing a much more powerful role in the markets that should managed by their own mechanisms. This, however, won't helpful for the long term develop of the companies and the markets.
已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
天津宝贝儿 + 1 观点有启发

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

whachel1976 发表于 2011-5-30 12:58:39 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

In stock market, we often say information asymmetry and call those who know first-hand business information before it goes to public as insiders. In fact, I think for those entrepreneurs who know what the next policy  the government will take are also insiders. In this case, the state-owned companies may take advantages. Even for non-state-owned ones, if they are big enough, their CEOs may also be members of Political Consultation Committee or some institutions like that. They can foresee the macro policies. But for  those followers, they just act by the inertial property, and are sure to fall if the direction is suddenly changed.
Besides, the bigger ones often put eggs in different baskets to spread risk, while the smaller ones have no such fund to do so.
已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
天津宝贝儿 + 1 观点有启发

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

超级健忘 发表于 2011-5-30 13:24:58 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
As the author said, the medium-sized firms possesses neither lobbyists nor clout. Politicians only care about their vote, not them. Their problems will just persist and worsen. This is one of the problems caused by democracy - minority interests are often not represented through the electoral system and the majority make decisions that are harmful to the minority in the name of "the will of the people".
80 字节以内
不支持自定义 Discuz! 代码

使用道具

雪鹤 发表于 2011-5-30 13:47:17 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
让我们一起给力吧!
everyday is wonderful !

使用道具

bjgege 发表于 2011-5-30 13:57:32 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
谢谢楼主,经常看
以后也会经常的顶贴

使用道具

yangxiaoyun 发表于 2011-5-30 14:28:43 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
赞!说的很有道理,句子也很长哟! 31# cinbasky

使用道具

bugubugudu 发表于 2011-5-30 14:42:03 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
默默的跟着Follow  me  好几期了  但是看着还是有点吃力  坚持 加油  并且谢谢楼主为大家提供这个平台

使用道具

psqpeter 发表于 2011-5-30 14:56:54 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
18 and 18.
this paper brings about some feeling which make me feel inability, economy and regulation with economy are always like the saying ----"everything likes a rapier",but what is the best choice to choose which means promote some part and ignore some others is indefinitely.
As to some details of this paper, three sentence catch my eyes, they are
"Recessions have complex causes, but, as the man on the aisle reminded me, we do nothing to make things better when the companies on which we rely see Washington as adversary rather than partner."
"why Washington won’t just get out of our way and let us hire."
"it’s impossible to make a sensible decision about winding down his firm when he doesn’t even know from one year to the next what the capital gains rate is going to be."
the ones make me feel embarrassed, small business is just in the corner in every countrys, as in China, the small ones always cannot get enough help from the government ,what's worse, they must be adjusted to the policies to the different policies from the government's departments of every continent...
what the pity...to hear this thing.

just go on~
to keep doing.
and..congratulations~
讨论出真经。

使用道具

天津宝贝儿 发表于 2011-5-30 15:10:43 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
The article is not bad.
I feel very surprised that why so many people are agree with that “The government should act like my assistant , not my boss”.I don’t think so.Considering the market isn’t mature enough at present, the government’s intervention is necessary. As we all know, justice is relative all the time.

使用道具

yangxiaoyun 发表于 2011-5-30 15:14:22 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
There is always an argument that whether goverment should be a boss or an assistant of the market. Many countries try to find a compromise, but because of the benefits from the Keynes theory in the histroy many countries are still playing an important role in the market. As a student major in economics, I can't tell if our life will be better if the government stops the market intervention. Economics is a discipline which could not do the experiment, so we always draw experience from history or make a brave reform. China is afraid of reform which disappoints our ordinary people. We need a leadership group who regard themselves as the assistants of our country and have passion to reform.

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-6-15 18:37