应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
Lagarde, 55, was selected by consensus without a formal vote. Earlier Tuesday, the U.S. government threw its official support behind her, effectively taking any drama out of the race.

“The IMF has served its 187 member countries well during the global economic and financial crisis, transforming itself in many positive ways. I will make it my overriding goal that our institution continues to serve its entire membership with the same focus and the same spirit,” Lagarde said in a statement.

“The IMF must be relevant, responsive, effective and legitimate to achieve stronger and sustainable growth, macroeconomic stability and a better future for all,” she added.

Lagarde, the first woman and first noneconomist to run the IMF, will succeed her countryman, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who left in disgrace in May after being arrested on sexual-assault charges. John Lipsky has been running the IMF on an interim basis.
The institution is playing a key role in the financial rescue of troubled euro-zone nations, including Greece.

Her only serious competitor, Mexican central-bank governor Agustin Carstens, never won the backing of the major emerging-market nations that had expressed irritation at the tradition of naming a European to head the IMF and an American to run the World Bank.
China’s central-bank governor told The Wall Street Journal on Monday that the world’s No. 2 economy expressed its “full support” for Lagarde. Some speculated that the Brazilian-Mexican rivalry for leadership of Latin America played a role in Carstens’s inability to win support.

Observers and press reports have speculated that White House economist David Lipton will be named to the No. 2 spot at the IMF, replacing Lipsky who is retiring.

“[French Finance] Minister Lagarde’s exceptional talent and broad experience will provide invaluable leadership for this indispensable institution at a critical time for the global economy,” said Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in a statement, breaking a long silence.
“We are encouraged by the broad support she has secured among the fund’s membership, including from the emerging economies. I also want to commend my friend, Agustin Carstens, on his strong and very credible candidacy,” he added.

The IMF and European Union’s joint rescue of euro-zone nations is encountering stiff political resistance, notably in Greece, where a public-sector strike was conducted ahead of Wednesday’s vote in the parliament for new austerity measures.

Those funding the rescues, notably Germany, also have seen widespread disapproval. There also are signs the IMF is becoming a political issue in the United States.

Eight Republican senators on Tuesday wrote Geithner, saying that IMF help for Greece would violate the “no more tax-funded bailouts” pledge that President Barack Obama made when the Dodd-Frank bank-reform law was signed.

The senators asked for clarification of what Obama meant when he told German Chancellor Angela Merkel that the United States will “cooperate fully in working through these issues both on a bilateral basis, but also through international and financial institutions like the IMF.”
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Managing Director Selected Lagarde Direct IMF Managing Next Director Lagarde

已有 1 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 信用等级 收起 理由
bengdi1986 + 60 + 48 + 2 + 2 鼓励积极分享好的资料!

总评分: 经验 + 60  论坛币 + 48  学术水平 + 2  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

沙发
EmmaUK 发表于 2011-6-29 06:44:26 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Yes, she is ! As everybody expected! Let's see what will happen next?!
已有 1 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
bengdi1986 + 48 + 1 + 2 + 2 你又抢到沙发了,哈哈

总评分: 经验 + 48  学术水平 + 1  热心指数 + 2  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

人在海外,心系祖国!

使用道具

藤椅
bengdi1986 发表于 2011-6-29 06:54:44 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I am looking forword to a stronger and sustainable growth, the macroeconomic stability and a better future for all !

使用道具

板凳
旅途8694 发表于 2011-6-29 07:19:40 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I will focus on the messures that Lagarde will take to keep and improve the independence of IMF.
已有 1 人评分经验 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
bengdi1986 + 48 + 2 + 2 + 2 I agree with your point.

总评分: 经验 + 48  学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 2  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

只要相信自己所走的路,大步向前走就好,然后就那样成为一个能让别人带着笑容守望着的人。

使用道具

报纸
huiyiyi 发表于 2017-3-4 11:00:58 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
求问这个managing director 是个什么职位啊

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 23:10