求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
“过去和未来都与我无关,我唯独活在现在。”——艾默生

How often are you driving while talking on a cell phone, or thinking about work problems, or the errands you have to do? How often do you eat without thinking about the food you’re eating? How often do you drift off while doing other things, thinking about something you messed up on, or worrying about something that’s comingI would submit that most of us are elsewhere, much of the time, rather than in the here and now.
你是否经常一边开车一边打电话,想工作上的事或者即将办的琐碎事情?你是否经常不会去想想你吃了些什么东西?你是否经常做着一件事就突然走神,然后去思量着被你搞砸了的某件事,或者是为即将发生的事担忧?我承认,我们中的大部分人,在大部分的时间里都活在此时此地的生活之外。
If I could only give one word of advice to someone trying to find peace in an overwhelming and stressful and chaotic world, it would be this: simplify. But if I could give two more words of advice, they’d be: be present.
对于那些在这样一个令人窒息充满压力的混乱世界努力寻找平和的人,我只有一个简单的告诫:简化。但如果是用更多的字来描述它,就是:活在当下。
I can’t claim to be perfect at being present. I can’t claim that I do it all the time. But I can say this: I’ve been practicing being present for awhile now, and I’ve gotten better at it. I’ve learned a lot about being present, and I’d like to share that with others.
我不敢说活在当下就是完全正确的。我也不宣称自己一直都这样做。但是我敢说,我已经这样练习了很久,并且做得越来越好。从中我获益良多,我也很乐意与其他人分享我的经验。
This article came from a suggestion from commenter Mark, after I wrote about ways to create a peaceful, relaxed workday. It’s an article I’d been planning to write for some time, but Mark spurred me to do it sooner — so thanks Mark!
我曾经写信给评论家马克问他如何营造平和放松的工作日,而他给我的建议促成了这篇文章。我其实一直都想写这样一篇,但却是马克促使了我这样做。所以谢谢你!
Focus On Now
活在当下
There are three things we can think about:
有三件事我们可以拿出来想想:
过去的事——重新经历那些被我们搞砸的事、为做过的事而窘迫面红、希望可以失而复得、活在过去的美好时光、对于发生在自己身上的事愤愤不平。诸如此类。
The future. Worrying about things we need to do later. Worrying about what might happen, or a big event coming up. Being anxious that things might go wrong, or that we might mess up. Hoping for something wonderful. Dreaming of great things to come.
未来的事——对于我们接下来要做的事忐忑不安、为可能发生的事或者一个即将到来的大事件忧心忡忡、担心自己会做错或者搞砸以及盼望好事降临。
The present. What is happening right now, at this moment. What we are doing now.
现在的事——当下此刻正在发生的事,我们现在正在做的事。
It is inevitable that we will think about all three. We cannot stop ourselves from thinking about the past or the future. However, with practice, we can focus on the present more than we already do.
我们必定会想着这三件事。我们无法克制住自己不去想过去和未来。但是通过练习,我们可以比现在更加知道如何集中注意力在当下的生活。
But why should we do that? What’s wrong with focusing on the past or future? Nothing’s wrong with it. It isn’t wrong to think about past or future. However, there’s nothing we can do about things that have already happened, and worrying or agonizing about them doesn’t usually do us much good. I’d suggest analyzing what happened, learning from it, and moving on. It’s much healthier.
到底这样做的原因何在呢?把精力放在过去和未来又有什么错?
确实没错。但是我们对于发生过的事无力去改变,即便是惴惴不安或者痛定思痛都不会给我们带来任何好处。我的建议则是分析、学习,然后前进。这样做才更有益身心。
We also can’t control the future. It’s impossible. We can do things that will change the future, but they might change the future in ways we cannot anticipate. Or they might not change things at all. And the only thing we can do about the future is do something … now. In the present. So focusing on what we do now is the best way to improve the future. Not thinking about the future. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have goals or shouldn’t plan — but goals change (I know this first-hand, as my goals at the end of 2007 were completely different from what they were at the beginning). Plans change. We must be prepared for that change not by overplanning, but by being in the moment and rolling with the punches.
我们同样也无法控制未来。这简直是不可能的。我们确实可以通过做一些事来改变未来,但是他们发生的方式是我们无法预料的。又或者它们根本没用。我们对于未来唯一可控的就是在当下做点什么。不想未来,并不意味着你不应该有目标或者计划。但你要知道目标是会改变的(对于这我有亲身经历,我本人在2007年底的目标就和年初的大相径庭)。计划赶不上变化快。所以,面对变化的方式不是过分去计划,而是投入于当下的时间并且一步走一步望。
There’s also the problem of missing the present. If we spend most of our time thinking about the past or future, we are missing life itself. It’s passing us by while we’re elsewhere. You can’t get the most out of life unless you learn to focus on being present, while things are happening. Thinking about your childhood, or your kid’s future, is useless if your kids’ childhood is passing by without you being there.
错过当下也是要出问题的。如果我们大部分时间都在想过去或者未来,我们就与生活擦肩而过。生活就在我们望向别处的时候匆匆离开。如果不集中精力在此时此刻,你就不可能从生活中收获最多。试想如果你的孩子们在没有你在身边的情况下长大成人,那么去回忆你自己的童年或者回忆他们的童年都是毫无意义的。
Benefits of Being in the Moment
活在当下的益处
I’ve noticed a ton of benefits from my increased focus on the present. Here are just a few to consider:
随着注意力更多地投入到现在,我发现了许许多多的好处,以下供大家参考:
Increased enjoyment. I find that I enjoy life more if I’m present rather than having my mind elsewhere. Food tastes better, I have more fun with my family, even work becomes more enjoyable.
增添愉快。我发现与东想西想比起来,活在当下令我更加享受生活。食物更美味了,和家人相处也更有趣,就连工作都变得令人愉悦。
Reduced stress. Worrying about the past and future gives you stress. But being present is almost like meditation. There are no worries. There is just experiencing.
减少压力。为过去和未来担忧会给你增添压力。但活在当下几乎就是减压的过程。烦恼都不存在,剩下的就是对生活的体验。
Better relationships. When you really commit yourself to being with someone, to listening to them, you are being a better father, husband, friend, daughter, girlfriend. You have better conversations. You bond.
融洽关系。当你和别人相处时全身心投入,去聆听他们,那么你就会是一个更好的父亲、丈夫、朋友、女儿或是女朋友。你们可以更好地对话,令关系得到维系。
Get things done. I find that focusing on what I’m doing, rather than trying to multitask or multithink a million different things at once, I actually complete what I’m doing, do a better job on it, and get it done faster. I don’t necessarily do more, but I get things done. Focus tends to get things done, in my experience, and when your focus is split among a lot of things, it is less powerful.
完成任务。我发现如果不去同时做或者想着更多事,手头的事就真的可以完成,并且还会做的更快、更好。我可能没有做更多的事,但最起码我完成了一件事。依我的经验,集中注意力往往可以令到任务顺利完成,一旦注意力被分散,它就没有那么大的作用了。
The Magic of Flow
“心流”的魔力
There’s a concept called Flow that’s been pretty popular among productivity circles in the last couple of years. I’m a big fan of it myself. In a nutshell, it’s basically losing yourself in whatever you’re doing — reaching that magical zone where you forget about the outside world and are completely doing what you’re doing, whether that’s writing or drawing or coding or whatever.
在过去的几年里,在创作圈子里非常流行一个概念叫做“心流”(Flow)。我本人就对它很感兴趣。究其根本,就是将忘我地投入到所做的事情中,达到一个你忘掉了外部世界而完完全全做一件事的神奇境界。无论你在写作、画画还是在编码。
It’s a wonderfully productive zone to be in, and a state that also, incidentally, makes you happier. Productive and happier at the same time. Hard to beat that.
这是一个美妙的境界,它也顺带着让你更加快乐。多产而又更加快乐的状态任谁都很难抗拒。
However, it can’t happen if you’re switching between tasks or thinking about the past or the future. It basically happens when you are in the present. So practicing being present will help you get to flow, which makes you happier and more productive. Best argument yet for being present, perhaps.
然而,如果你中途变化任务或者是去想着过去和未来,那它就不可能发生。它只在你沉浸于当下的情况下才会出现。所以,练习去活在当下可以帮助你获得心流,令你更加快乐和多产。这可能是目前为止“活在当下”的最有力证明吧。
Practice, Practice
练习、再练习
There’s no single method that will get you better at being present. I don’t have the magical formula, except one word that I often tell my kids when they’re learning anything or striving to be better at anything: practice.
更好地适应当下没有捷径可走,就连我都没有神奇妙方。除了“练习”——我经常在我的孩子们学习东西或者努力做得更好的时候这样告诫他们。
You won’t be good at it at first, most likely. Your mind will wander, or you’ll do a lot of “meta-thinking”, which is just thinking about what you’re thinking, and whether you’re thinking it the right way, and whether there is a right way … and so on, until you’re no longer in the present. That’s normal. We all do that, I think.
一开始,你很有可能做得不好。你会开小差,或者进行许多“后设思维”,也就是反复掂量着自己所想的事情是否正确,是不是可以正确等等,直到你已完全脱离现在。这很正常,我想我们曾这样过。
Don’t beat yourself up about that. Don’t get discouraged. Just practice.
别打击自己,别感到沮丧,继续练习。
So what’s the magical method for learning to be present? Practice.
因为它就是学会活在当下的秘方。
You do it in the morning. You practice it while eating lunch. You do it with your evening jog or walk. You do it while washing dishes after dinner. Every opportunity you get, practice.
早上的时候你就开始了;你一边吃午餐一边练习;每次的慢跑或者散步都是你练习的时间;晚餐后一边洗碗一边练习。请抓住每一个机会练习。
And you’ll get better. I promise.
我发誓,你会更好适应。
One Month Challenge
挑战一个月
The best method I can offer for learning to be present, the best method for practicing, is to focus on it for one month. Make focusing on being present a habit. If you make it your only focus, I guarantee you’ll get better at it, and more importantly, you’ll get into the habit of remembering to focus, of remembering to practice, of being more aware.
我能想到的最好方法就是坚持一个月。把集中注意力在当下成为一种习惯。如果它成为你唯一的焦点,我保证你会做得更好。而更重要的是,你会习惯性地去集中注意力、提高意识并多多实践。
Do a one-month challenge. It’s the best method for forming new habits, and it works for being present. A good way to do this is join the monthly challenge on the Zen Habits forums. Then do the following:
开始一个月的挑战吧。这是形成新习惯的最好方法,在这里它也同样管用。按照“禅宗的习惯”这一论坛里的说法,去做一下的事:
Tell people on the forum what your monthly challenge will be (focusing on being present).
告诉论坛上的人你每个月的挑战是什么。
Log in daily to report on your progress. This gives you the accountability and motivation needed.
每日几下并汇报你的进展。这能给予你可信度和所需要的动力。
Do the tips below every day for a month.
每个月做到一下几点。
“The living moment is everything.” - D.H. Lawrence
“当下即是全部”——D.H.Lawrence
Tips On Being Present
活在当下的小贴士
You just knew I couldn’t end this post without a list of tips. So here are things that have worked for me … pick and choose the ones that you think will work best for you:
你知道我一定会留下一个清单供你你们参考。这些对我都管用,请挑选出最适合你们的:
When you eat, just eat. The best way to think about being present is this: do just one thing at a time. When you are eating, don’t read or think about something else or iron your clothes (especially if you’re eating something that might splatter on the clothes). Just eat. Pay attention to what you’re eating. Really experience it — the taste, the texture. Do it slowly. Same thing with anything else: washing dishes, taking a shower, driving, working, playing. Don’t do multiple things at once — just do what you’re doing now, and nothing else.
吃东西的时候,就纯粹地去吃。一次只做一件事是着眼于当下的最好办法。当你吃东西的时候就不要去阅读,想其他事或者熨衣服(尤其是你吃的东西很可能被溅到衣服上)。吃就是吃。把注意力都放在食物上。去真正地感受它的味道和质感。慢慢吃。做其他事亦如此:洗碗、洗澡、开车、工作、玩耍。不要一次做很多事,只要专注于手头的一件事就好。

Be aware. Another important step is to become more aware of your thoughts. You will inevitably think about the past and future. That’s OK. Just become aware of those thoughts. Awareness will bring change.
知道自己在想什么。想过去和未来都是不可避免的。这无所谓。你只是要意识到这些想法。而光是意识到这些时刻就足以带来变化。
Be gentle. If you think about the past or future, do not beat yourself up about it! Don’t try to force those thoughts out of your head. Just be aware of them, and gently allow them to leave. Then bring yourself back to the present.
对自己温和一点 当你意识到自己又停留在过去或者未来中时,不要责怪自己。更不要强行驱使自己不去想。只要意识到它们的存在,温和地让赶走它们,然后将自己拉回到当下。
Zazen. Ah, you were wondering when Zen Habits would have anything to do with Zen, right? Zazen is basically the center of Zen practice. It’s simply sitting. It’s a form of meditation, but really it’s just sitting. You don’t have to contemplate Zen koans or the meaning of the universe or chant anything. You just sit, and focus on sitting. I haven’t done this much recently, but when I have, it has been very useful practice for me.
打坐。打坐基本上就是坐着。它是沉思的一种形式,但它确实就是坐着。你不需要去想着禅宗心印和宇宙的意义更加不用念经。你只要集中注意坐在那里就可以了。
Exercise. These days, exercise is my zazen. Running is my sitting practice. I run, and try to only run. I focus on my running, on my breathing, on my body, on nothing but the present. It’s great practice.
锻炼。这些天,我用锻炼来代替打坐。跑步就相当于我在静坐一样。当我跑步的时候,我尝试着只是在跑。我只注意我的跑动、呼吸、身体,一切和当下有关的东西我都注意。这是不错的练习。
Daily routines. Anything can be your zazen. When you wash dishes, this is practice. This is your meditation. When you walk, focus on walking. Make anything you do become practice.
形成每日常规。任何事都可以达到打坐的效果。洗碗都可以是一项练习,这就是你沉思的时间。当你走路的时候你就集中精力走路。将你所做的任何事都变成你练习的机会。
Put up reminders. A reminder on your fridge or computer desktop or on your wall is a good thing. Or use a reminder service to send you a daily email. Whatever it takes to keep your focus on practicing being present.
贴上记事贴。在冰箱、电脑屏幕或者墙上贴上记事贴都是不错的做法,或者使用电子邮件中的“提醒”功能。采取一切能够让你集中于当下的手段。
There is no failure. You will mess up, but that’s OK, because it is impossible to mess up. The only thing that matters is that you practice, and over time, if you keep doing it, you will learn to focus on the present more often than you do now. You cannot fail, even if you stop doing it for awhile. Doing it at all is success. Celebrate every little success.
别怕失败。你有可能会一团糟,但那没什么,因为它不太可能发生。唯一重要的就是你不断地去练习,坚持做下去,最终你会比现在做得更好。即使一段时间以后你停止练习了,那也不等于你就失败了。去做这件事,本身就是一个成功。你要为每一个小小的成功喝彩。
Keep practicing. When you get frustrated, just take a deep breath. When you ask yourself, “What should I do now, Self?”, the answer is “keep practicing”.
坚持练习。当你感到绝望的时候,请深呼吸。你可能会问自己“我现在该怎样做?”,答案永远都是“继续练习”。
“I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.” - Albert Einstein
“我从来不去想未来。因为它很快就会来到。”——爱因斯坦
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:活在当下 relationship Productivity Conversation Discouraged

沙发
jarlyaster 发表于 2010-7-5 10:00:55 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
“我从来不去想未来。因为它很快就会来到。”——爱因斯坦
我反对~~~~~~~~~

使用道具

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-6-17 03:16