应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币
       有时候,我们执著的朝自己的目标前进,我们坚信,只要努力就一定可以扫清前进的障碍;却忽略了,事物是变化发展的,若想要跨越生命中的障碍,朝真善美的目标迈进,也必须具有放下自我执着的智慧与勇气;在适当的时候,转个弯,或许,又是一条笔直大道。

Surmounting Life's Obstacles -Do You Cling to What You Were Before?
跨越生命中的障碍,您还坚持原来的样子吗?

A little stream flowed down from a high mountain far, far away through many villages and forests, until it reached a desert. The stream then thought, "I've been through countless obstacles. I should have no problem crossing this desert!" But when she decided to start her journey, she found herself gradually disappearing into the mud and sand. After numerous tries, she found it was all in vain and was very upset. "Maybe it's my destiny! I'm not destined to reach the vast ocean in the legend," she murmured dejectedly to herself.

At this time, a deep voice came, saying, "If a breeze can cross the desert, so can a river."

It was the voice of the desert. Unconvinced, the little stream replied, "That's because a breeze can fly, but I cannot."

"That's because you stick to what you are. If you're willing to give it up, and let yourself evaporate into the breeze, it can take you across, and you can reach your destination," said the desert in its deep voice.

The little stream had never heard of such a thing. "Give up what I am now and disappear into the breeze? No! No!" She could not accept this idea. After all, she had never experienced anything like it before. Wouldn't it be self-destruction to give up what she was now?

"How do I know if this is true?" asked the little stream.

"The breeze can carry the vapor across the desert and release it as rain at an appropriate site. The rain will form a river again to continue its course," answered the desert very patiently.

"Yes, and no. Whether you're a river or invisible vapor, your inner nature never changes. You stick to the fact that you're a river because you don't know your inner nature," answered the desert.

"Will I still be what I am now?" asked the little stream.

Deep down, the stream vaguely remembered that before she became a river, it was perhaps also the breeze that had carried her halfway up a high mountain, where she turned into rain and fell onto the ground and became what she was now. Finally the little stream gathered her courage and rushed into the open arms of the breeze, which carried her to the next stage of her life.

The course of our lives is like the experience of little stream. If you want to surpass the obstacles in your life in order to head for the destination of Truth, Virtue and beauty, you should also have the wisdom and courage to renounce your ego (attachment to yourself).
Perhaps you can try asking yourself these questions: What is my inner nature? What is it that I cling to? and What is it that I really want?

另:中文翻译参见:https://bbs.pinggu.org/viewthread.php?tid=1142956&page=1&from^^uid=1605913

PS:感谢Follow Me给我这次机会,第一次发帖,希望大家有所收获,并多提宝贵建议,祝大家一切顺利!
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:follow LOW destination Destruction appropriate follow

已有 12 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
muhouxiaotian + 1 + 1 + 1 我给五分,满分。
eros_zz + 60 + 2 + 3 + 2 对论坛有贡献
whachel1976 + 1 + 1 + 1 观点有启发
cglee + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
yoyosuny + 1 意义深刻
zhang533744 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
思念江南 + 1 + 1 + 1 难得纯粹
happylife87 + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
路人A + 100 精彩帖子
bengdi1986 + 60 精彩帖子

总评分: 经验 + 160  论坛币 + 120  学术水平 + 11  热心指数 + 13  信用等级 + 14   查看全部评分

沙发
wusi126 发表于 2011-7-29 00:01:52 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
such a beautiful and easy article,wu must recognize ego
surmount
[sɚ'maunt]

[词典释义]

vt. 1. 克服;越过;登上 2. ...顶上;高于 3. 覆盖在...顶上;装在...顶上[H] 4...

evaporate
[ɪ'væpə,ret]

[词典释义]
vt. 1. 使蒸发;使挥发 2. 使脱水,去除...的水分 3. 使消失;使消散
vi. 1. 蒸发;挥发 2. 发散蒸气 3. 消失;失踪
vapor
['vepɚ]

[词典释义]

n. 1. 水汽,,蒸汽;烟雾 2. 无实质之物;幻想 3. 【药】吸入剂 4. 【古】忧郁(...
vt. 1. 使汽化;蒸发 2. 使忧郁 3. 吹嘘
vi. 1. 汽化;蒸发 2. 吹牛 3. 沮丧

vaguely
['veglɪ]

[词典释义]

ad. 1. 不清晰地;含糊地;模糊地 2. 茫然地;无表情地

renounce
[rɪ'nauns]

[词典释义]

vt. 1. 声明放弃;抛弃 2. 宣布中止,退出 3. ...断绝关系,拒绝承认(子女等)

vi. 1. 【律】放弃权利(或财产等)

I'd like to recommend a book to everyone,“Take it from me!: life's a struggle but you can win”

From Library Journal
Brockovich explains in frank terms that she has never led a Julia Roberts happily-ever-after life. Unrecognized for years as a dyslexic, she was labeled pretty but dumb, a judgment that severely hurt her self-esteem. Before age 30, she found herself with two failed marriages, three children, and no child support. Brockovich''s book details how she came to grips with changes taking place around her and, more important, inside her. She learns to "press on," as her father had taught her to do as a child. If you saw Erin Brockovich, you should read this book to discover the heartache and trauma the movie didn''t cover. The book reads like a soap opera of poor choices and unfortunate consequences, which include abortion, loneliness, poverty, and manipulative ex-husbands. Still, it''s a quick and easy read, full of gripping details, and will be popular in bookstores and public libraries and on talk shows. Susan Burdick, MLS, Reading, PA

From Booklist
Few first-time authors can claim the name recognition a popular, Oscar-winning film confers, and since the film was released, Brockovich has appeared with some frequency on TV chat fests and in newspaper gossip columns. So Take It from Me--written with Marc Eliot of the New York Times--arrives virtually presold to the millions captivated by the movie''s saga of a dyslexic, impoverished single mom''s transformation into a strong and astonishingly successful eco-warrior. Brockovich''s book combines memoir and how-the-film-got-made details with the you-can-do-it-too self-help advice that has made its author a busy motivational speaker. There''s nothing groundbreaking here, but Brockovich''s Eliot-assisted "voice" is accessible and appealing, and many readers will find her message empowering. Mary Carroll

已有 4 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
maiwenzhen + 1 + 1 + 1 The Best
骆驼祥子 + 1 + 1 + 1 good!
bengdi1986 + 36 + 12 + 1 + 1 鼓励积极发帖讨论
llg79 + 1 + 1 我很赞同

总评分: 经验 + 36  论坛币 + 12  学术水平 + 4  热心指数 + 4  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

人大经济论坛&理论学术超级群 6277004

使用道具

藤椅
nkygwang 发表于 2011-7-29 05:51:06 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
that makes sense. support!
The course of our lives is like the experience of little stream. If you want to surpass the obstacles in your life in order to head for the destination of Truth, Virtue and beauty, you should also have the wisdom and courage to renounce your ego (attachment to yourself).
已有 2 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 信用等级 收起 理由
bengdi1986 + 60 + 12 + 2 鼓励积极发帖讨论
llg79 + 1 + 1 好早!鼓励积极发帖讨论

总评分: 经验 + 60  论坛币 + 12  学术水平 + 3  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

板凳
nkygwang 发表于 2011-7-29 05:52:09 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
"That's because you stick to what you are. If you're willing to give it up, and let yourself evaporate into the breeze, it can take you across, and you can reach your destination," said the desert in its deep voice
太有道理了,呵呵
已有 3 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
骆驼祥子 + 1 + 1 + 1 我顶!
whachel1976 + 1 + 1 + 1 我倒!
bengdi1986 + 60 + 12 + 2 鼓励积极发帖讨论

总评分: 经验 + 60  论坛币 + 12  学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 4  信用等级 + 2   查看全部评分

使用道具

报纸
bengdi1986 发表于 2011-7-29 07:25:03 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
It' s a good artical for inspiring us. A metephor  elude a profound life's priciple.
      The little stream had encounter many kinds of plights in its journeies, what's worse, it face the desert. The stream can't go through the desert ,and it sink itself into the desert deeply . Luckily ,the desert give it some advice on how to complish its dreams, however ,it don't want to renounce what it own at present. In the end , the desert pursuade it by objective theory.Finally "the little stream gathered her courage and rushed into the open arms of the breeze, which carried her to the next stage of her life"
      In my opnion, the success is composed of sweet dreams ,confidences ,persistences and the approriate ways to act. If you can take advantage to the four aspects on your own ,as well as follow good advices from other's,the door of happiness and success will open to you forever.Your dreams will come true one day,
已有 2 人评分学术水平 信用等级 收起 理由
llg79 + 2 + 2 分析的有道理
nkygwang + 3 + 2 观点有启发

总评分: 学术水平 + 5  信用等级 + 4   查看全部评分

使用道具

地板
ltian87 发表于 2011-7-29 07:56:16 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
请问原文出处?

使用道具

2441414 在职认证  发表于 2011-7-29 08:14:28 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
很有启发意义。。。。好文章。。
已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
llg79 + 1 我很赞同

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

佛说:不可曰。

使用道具

llg79 发表于 2011-7-29 08:26:18 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
6# ltian87 呵呵,以前收藏的,忘了具体出处了。

使用道具

xc2010economics 在职认证  发表于 2011-7-29 08:31:38 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Stories that reflect the major principles . it is a metaphor revealed  major life 's principles .that is ,   If you want to surpass the obstacles in your life in order to head for the destination of Truth, Virtue and beauty, you should also have the wisdom and courage to renounce your ego. like the stream ,the protagonist  of this story , river and vapor have the same innner nature . if you want to succeed , you must konw what's your inner nature , sometimes , change your stubborn initial opinion , maybe you can find a surprize .

i agree with the author's suggest .
you can try asking yourself these questions: What is my inner nature? What is it that I cling to? and What is it that I really want? really. we often miss ourselives . we don"t know who we are ,what is it i cling to ,and what is it i really want . if these three decisive questions can't be understanded , how we can surpass the obstacales in our life ?how to evaluate our achievement ?

in my opinion , we must
clearly understand the answers to these questions .so we can have a definite destination which we really persue. only this can't be enough , we must have wisdoms ,confidencies ,persisitences ,and courages . then ,we can achieve the real success !

分享一下新东方第一届背诵大赛美文30篇小短文!!!https://bbs.pinggu.org/viewthread.php?tid=827519&page=1#pid6100951(由于之前上传过现在无法上传,有兴趣的可以看下)
已有 3 人评分经验 论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
骆驼祥子 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
bengdi1986 + 60 + 12 + 2 热心帮助其他会员
llg79 + 1 + 1 鼓励积极发帖讨论

总评分: 经验 + 60  论坛币 + 12  学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 3  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

“人生就像滚雪球。最重要的是发现很湿的雪和很长的坡。” — — 沃伦 巴菲特

使用道具

代号白头翁 发表于 2011-7-29 09:25:43 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
If you want to surpass the obstacles in your life in order to head for the destination of Truth, Virtue and beauty, you should also have the wisdom and courage to renounce your ego (attachment to yourself).
beautiful sentance
已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
llg79 + 1 鼓励积极发帖讨论

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加JingGuanBbs
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 04:49