楼主: oliyiyi
70838 2410

【latex版】水贴   [推广有奖]

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:14:26 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s EU strategy

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:15:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
France struggles to comprehend yet another Islamist terrorist outrage as hunt gets under way for those who radicalised the killer
“Again,” they were saying in Lyon on Saturday, with an air of incredulity. “It’s happened again.”

Just six months after the massacres at Charlie Hebdo and a kosher grocery shop, France finds itself struggling to comprehend another atrocity in its midst. The severed head of a businessman hung on a factory gate on Friday brought the horror of Isis-style beheadings in Syria, Libya and Iraq to a quiet corner of the Rhône-Alpes region.
缺少币币的网友请访问有奖回帖集合
https://bbs.pinggu.org/thread-3990750-1-1.html

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:15:43 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Even the hip-hop star’s fans might have been disappointed by his performance. Meanwhile, Mary J Blige weeps and Mark Ronson brings all his funky friends
A divisive headliner is rapidly becoming a Glastonbury tradition and Kanye West outdoes even Metallica last year when it comes to inspiring extreme reactions. During Welsh rock band Catfish and the Bottlemen’s Friday afternoon set, frontman Van McCann asks, sincerely, if people are looking forward to the rapper’s performance and the boos drown out the cheers. Before Kanye takes the stage there is a genuine crackle of jeopardy.

As is often the case, having something to prove makes for a more powerful entrance. Kanye doesn’t have the temperament to address the backlash playfully like Metallica and Jay-Z did but surely there’s some significance in the choice of opener: Stronger, with its Nietzschean sentiment, “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:16:18 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Nothing compares to the satisfaction of creating something beautiful by hand
Compiling a list of my summer reading for the books’ pages, I’m surprised and a little embarrassed to find myself admitting that high among the titles is a new memoir-come-polemic called Why We Make Things and Why It Matters, by Peter Korn, an American woodworker. Have I finally flipped?

Perhaps. It’s true that I’m not the tiniest bit interested in lathes. But I do need someone or something to speak to the craftsman manqué in me, to the hunched, desk-bound creature who secretly dreams of throwing exquisite (or even non-exquisite) pots. Like lots of people whose work does not involve their hands, and whose teachers’ idea of creativity extended only as far as the school play, I have a powerful yearning to make things, one that grows stronger every year. And since I can’t make things, I guess I’ll have to make do with reading about making things.

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:16:51 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Late motherhood is not a lifestyle choice, but an economic necessity for many
Youth is fast morphing into an incubator for the worries of older age – and where’s the carefree fun in that? Twelfth, 14th, 16th birthday? Time to save for your mortgage, pension and the Everyman test for Alzheimer’s disease.

Last week, a new responsibility was added to the premature ageing of the adolescent. According to Dr Kevin Smith, a bioethicist, the instruction to young men who are coming of age ought to be, don’t just masturbate, bank that sperm! And freeze it free on the NHS. He argues that this might reduce the chances of having a disabled child later. The (slight) risk of conceiving a child with disorders such as autism and schizophrenia increases the older the father. The average age of fatherhood in England and Wales is now 33.

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:24:37 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Social activist ‘surprised but delighted’ to join top cardinal in high-level environment conference at the Vatican
She is one of the world’s most high-profile social activists and a ferocious critic of 21st-century capitalism. He is one of the pope’s most senior aides and a professor of climate change economics. But this week the secular radical will join forces with the Catholic cardinal in the latest move by Pope Francis to shift the debate on global warming.

Naomi Klein and Cardinal Peter Turkson are to lead a high-level conference on the environment, bringing together churchmen, scientists and activists to debate climate change action. Klein, who campaigns for an overhaul of the global financial system to tackle climate change, told the Observer she was surprised but delighted to receive the invitation from Turkson’s office.

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:27:02 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Python Eats Porcupine, Regrets It Later (Here's Why)

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:29:20 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
FILE - In this Nov. 11, 2014, file photo, comedian and Navy veteran Bill Cosby speaks during a Veterans Day ceremony in Philadelphia. A lawyer for Cosby says it would be "terribly embarrassing" if documents from a 2005 sex-assault lawsuit were unsealed in Philadelphia. Cosby's lawyer on Friday, June 26, 2015, fought efforts by The Associated Press to unseal documents from a lawsuit he settled with a former Temple University employee. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke, File)
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A lawyer for Bill Cosby argued Friday that it would be "terribly embarrassing" for the comedian if documents from a 2005 sex-assault lawsuit were unsealed.

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:30:21 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
FILE - In this Nov. 11, 2014, file photo, comedian and Navy veteran Bill Cosby speaks during a Veterans Day ceremony in Philadelphia. A lawyer for Cosby says it would be "terribly embarrassing" if documents from a 2005 sex-assault lawsuit were unsealed in Philadelphia. Cosby's lawyer on Friday, June 26, 2015, fought efforts by The Associated Press to unseal documents from a lawsuit he settled with a former Temple University employee. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke, File)

使用道具

oliyiyi 发表于 2015-6-28 08:31:01 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Contemporary Identities of Creativity and Creative Work by Stephanie Taylor and Karen Littleton
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1409426661 | 155 pages | PDF | 1,2 MB

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 16:18